|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Who, What, Where, Why, When, and How (Much).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average response rate for paid ads on Google or Yahoo?
(a) More than 20 percent.
(b) 13 to 14 percent.
(c) 15 to 20 percent.
(d) Less than 10 percent.
2. How many advertiser relationships does Google have?
(a) Less than 100,000.
(b) Less than 50,000.
(c) More than 225,000.
(d) More than a million.
3. In his original vision for a Database of Intentions, what does Battelle see the database being built with?
(a) A collection of stores that offered online services.
(b) The most visited websites on the Internet.
(c) Popular search terms.
(d) Names and addresses of Internet users.
4. Search traffic typically increases during what two times of the day?
(a) The morning and early afternoon.
(b) The morning and evening.
(c) The afternoon and evening.
(d) The morning and late afternoon.
5. Why did Eric Schmidt initially disagree with Battelle in the potential of search engines to be used in gathering information?
(a) He didn't think they would be profitable enough.
(b) He thought it would be too time consuming to develop the search engine database.
(c) He didn't believe it was possible to create a search engine.
(d) He had already tried to start a search engine that failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "URL" stand for?
2. According to the 2004 research paper, how often do 85 percent of U.S. users perform Internet searches?
3. How much time passes for Google to go from next to nothing to earning over $4 billion in revenue?
4. The "trail of clicks" that Battelle refers to is recorded for what kind of analysis?
5. What are SERPs?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)