|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Grace picnic, what does the narrator say worried him most about Mr. Grace?
(a) His political influence.
(b) His poor driving skills.
(c) His violent side.
(d) His depression.
2. What does the narrator say Chloe used to do to grasshoppers?
(a) Set them on fire.
(b) Build them new homes.
(c) Keep them in a box.
(d) Pull their legs off.
3. What physical ailment does the narrator have in his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
(a) He limps.
(b) He can't speak.
(c) He is covered in sores.
(d) His arm is broken.
4. When does the narrator say he decided to move to The Cedars?
(a) When Claire convinced him to.
(b) A month before Anna's death.
(c) After reading about it in the paper.
(d) After visiting it when Anna died.
5. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As being the result of an accident.
(b) As needing topical creams.
(c) As perhaps being fictional.
(d) As stemming from his childhood.
6. At the picnic, who does the narrator say Mrs. Grace called jealous?
(c) Mr. Grace.
7. What does the narrator say that he saw at the Grace picnic that troubled him?
(a) Mrs. Grace's crotch.
(b) Myles being beat.
(c) Chloe's scar.
(d) Rose's chest.
8. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
(a) How to define him.
(b) How to critique his work.
(c) How to write to him.
(d) How to treat him.
9. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say his priest told him about thoughts as a child?
(a) That they were owned by God.
(b) That they should be written down.
(c) That they were never good.
(d) That they could be sins.
10. In "Section 1: Part 6", what ailment does the narrator confess to looking up in a medical dictionary?
(a) Liver spots.
11. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
(a) A beach.
(b) A rocky shore.
(c) A river bank.
(d) A cliff.
12. What type of life does the narrator say he envisioned for himself as a child?
(a) A troubled life.
(b) An academic life.
(c) A life of travel.
(d) A life in business.
13. Why does the narrator say he thought about the Grace family as a child?
(a) To try to become part of their family.
(b) To escape.
(c) To help him fall asleep.
(d) To make up stories.
14. Why does the narrator say he once tried to grow a beard?
(a) To impress a girl.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) To see if he could.
(d) To pretend to be someone else.
15. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say energizes him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say made him cry over Mrs. Grace as a teenager?
2. What does the narrator do with the rock in "Section 1: Part 6"?
3. What does the narrator say at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
5. Why does the narrator say he went to The Cedars after Anna died?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)