|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he is trapped in?
(a) A box.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A book.
(d) An ocean.
2. What was the daughter doing the first time the narrator saw her at the Grace house?
3. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) The house.
(b) The cows.
(c) The barn.
(d) The fences.
4. What does the narrator say he realized after spending time alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) She didn't clean her house.
(b) She was very well-educated.
(c) She wasn't as attractive as he thought.
(d) She was older than he thought.
5. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
6. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A river bank.
(c) A beach.
(d) A rocky shore.
7. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace the first time he sees him?
8. How old does the narrator say he is when he first meets Chloe?
9. Where is the narrator when he first meets Chloe?
(a) The Grace's house.
(b) The beach.
(d) A restaurant.
10. How does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour's appearance?
(b) Young looking.
(d) Overly made-up.
11. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
(a) Is he rich?
(b) Is he troubled?
(c) Is he obsessive?
(d) Is he loved?
12. Why does the narrator say he once tried to grow a beard?
(a) To see if he could.
(b) To impress a girl.
(c) To pretend to be someone else.
(d) To hide his face.
13. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
(a) Because her ankles were swollen.
(b) Because she was gaining weight.
(c) Because of her illness.
(d) Because she wanted a baby.
14. What type of game does the narrator remember Mrs. Grace wanting to play at the picnic?
(a) A jumping game.
(b) A running game.
(c) A chasing game.
(d) A betting game.
15. In "Section 1: Part 5", where does the narrator say he isn't when he says: "where [he is] neither alive nor..."
(b) The other place.
(c) Avoiding people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator first meets Chloe, what is his impression of her mother?
2. When does the narrator say Bonnard painted self-portraits?
3. According to the narrator of "Section 1: Part 1", when did the gods leave?
4. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
5. How does the narrator feel about his appearance in "Section 1: Part 6"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)