|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient city is the narrator reminded of while looking at the water in "Section 1: Part 6"?
2. What does the narrator say he never saw again after meeting Mr. and Mrs. Grace for the first time?
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The dog.
(d) His father.
3. When does the narrator say he decided to move to The Cedars?
(a) A month before Anna's death.
(b) When Claire convinced him to.
(c) After reading about it in the paper.
(d) After visiting it when Anna died.
4. What does the narrator assume Roget used to do to patients?
(a) Lie to them.
(b) Take their medicine.
(c) Use laughing gas.
(d) Study them.
5. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say he lacked in the early days of Anna's illness?
6. In "Section 1: Part 5", where does the narrator say he isn't when he says: "where [he is] neither alive nor..."
(a) Avoiding people.
(c) The other place.
7. What does the narrator say Anna feared about being bald?
(a) Looking like her father.
(b) Losing her hair.
(c) Having to wear hats.
(d) People knowing she was sick.
8. After the Grace picnic, what does the narrator say worried him most about Mr. Grace?
(a) His depression.
(b) His poor driving skills.
(c) His violent side.
(d) His political influence.
9. What type of game does the narrator remember Mrs. Grace wanting to play at the picnic?
(a) A chasing game.
(b) A jumping game.
(c) A running game.
(d) A betting game.
10. What was the daughter doing the first time the narrator saw her at the Grace house?
11. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say his mother did when she once heard him crying?
(a) Left him alone.
(b) Hugged him.
(c) Gave him advice.
(d) Helped him talk about it.
12. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say is the last thing he sees when leaving the dairy farm?
(a) A dying tree.
(b) A single cow.
(c) A pot of flowers.
(d) A little girl.
13. Who does the narrator say was the first member of the Grace family to greet him?
(a) The father.
(b) The son.
(c) The mother.
(d) The daughter.
14. What color is the stone the narrator says he is transported to in "Section 1: Part 6"?
15. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
2. What does the narrator say he remembers most about the dairy farmer?
3. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
4. How does the narrator describe the early self-portraits of Van Gogh?
5. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)