|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator like to remember the Grace family in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) He feels like they owe him something.
(b) He is afraid of them.
(c) He has fond memories of them.
(d) He married into their family.
2. What is Myles' physical ailment?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has polio.
(d) He is mute.
3. After the Grace picnic, what does the narrator say worried him most about Mr. Grace?
(a) His depression.
(b) His violent side.
(c) His poor driving skills.
(d) His political influence.
4. Where does the narrator say he hid with Mrs. Grace while playing a game at the picnic?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Under a table.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) Inside an empty building.
5. In "Section 1: Part 1", what makes the narrator question Colonel Blunden's health?
(a) His limp.
(b) His trips to the bathroom.
(c) The way he cries at night.
(d) The visits his daughter has been making.
6. What does the narrator say Anna feared about being bald?
(a) Looking like her father.
(b) People knowing she was sick.
(c) Losing her hair.
(d) Having to wear hats.
7. How does the narrator feel during his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
8. What does the narrator say he realized after spending time alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) She wasn't as attractive as he thought.
(b) She was older than he thought.
(c) She didn't clean her house.
(d) She was very well-educated.
9. What does the narrator say Chloe used to do to grasshoppers?
(a) Pull their legs off.
(b) Keep them in a box.
(c) Set them on fire.
(d) Build them new homes.
10. Who does Claire blame for breaking up her relationship in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) Her father.
(b) The Grace family.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her boyfriend.
11. What does the narrator do with the rock in "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) Squeezes it in his hand.
(b) Gives it to a child.
(c) Puts it to his lips.
(d) Throws it in the water.
12. What does the narrator say he likened Mrs. Grace's body to as a teenager?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A flower.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A Greek goddess.
13. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say his priest told him about thoughts as a child?
(a) That they were never good.
(b) That they should be written down.
(c) That they were owned by God.
(d) That they could be sins.
14. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say that Anna said when he made her tea?
(a) She thanked him.
(b) She wanted her tea cold.
(c) She asked to be alone.
(d) She asked for Brandy.
15. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
(a) They moved down the road.
(b) They have all died.
(c) They work in the city now.
(d) They all left for Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say introduced him to Mr. Grace?
2. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
3. Who is the narrator reminded of because of his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
4. What does the narrator struggle to write?
5. Who does the narrator say was the first member of the Grace family to greet him?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)