Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A historian.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A doctor.
2. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) He wanted to use the phone.
(b) He said he was hurt.
(c) He wanted something to eat.
(d) He was chasing a dog.
3. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
(a) A river bank.
(b) A cliff.
(c) A beach.
(d) A rocky shore.
4. What do stocking feet remind the narrator of?
(b) Christmas morning.
(d) Myle's webbed toes.
5. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator name the members of the Grace family?
(a) He uses their middle names.
(b) He gives them nicknames based on how they look.
(c) He refers to them by their initials.
(d) He doesn't name them yet.
6. After the Grace picnic, what does the narrator say worried him most about Mr. Grace?
(a) His political influence.
(b) His violent side.
(c) His depression.
(d) His poor driving skills.
7. Who does the narrator remember finding him hiding with Mrs. Grace at the picnic?
(d) Mr. Grace.
8. How does the narrator say he felt when he discovered the dairy farmer's lane in "Section 1: Part 3"?
9. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
(a) Send her a present.
(b) Write her back.
(c) Send the letter back.
(d) Not write her back.
10. What ancient city is the narrator reminded of while looking at the water in "Section 1: Part 6"?
11. What does the narrator say happened at the end of the Grace family picnic?
(a) He helped clean up.
(b) Mr. Grace made him leave early.
(c) Chloe hit him.
(d) His mother was late picking him up.
12. How does the narrator feel about his appearance in "Section 1: Part 6"?
13. At the end of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator hear?
(b) A whistle.
(c) A song.
(d) A cry.
14. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say his priest told him about thoughts as a child?
(a) That they should be written down.
(b) That they were owned by God.
(c) That they could be sins.
(d) That they were never good.
15. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say that Anna said when he made her tea?
(a) She wanted her tea cold.
(b) She asked for Brandy.
(c) She thanked him.
(d) She asked to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator reminded of because of his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
2. What nationality is the painter, Bonnard?
3. What type of game does the narrator remember Mrs. Grace wanting to play at the picnic?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", what makes the narrator question Colonel Blunden's health?
5. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)