|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say was the first member of the Grace family to greet him?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(c) The father.
(d) The daughter.
2. Who does Claire blame for breaking up her relationship in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Grace family.
3. What does the narrator assume Roget used to do to patients?
(a) Use laughing gas.
(b) Take their medicine.
(c) Lie to them.
(d) Study them.
4. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he is trapped in?
(a) A bowl.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A book.
(d) A box.
5. Where does the narrator say he took his daughter for tea after leaving the farm in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) His house.
(c) A museum.
(d) A hotel.
6. What type of game does the narrator remember Mrs. Grace wanting to play at the picnic?
(a) A betting game.
(b) A running game.
(c) A chasing game.
(d) A jumping game.
7. What does the narrator struggle to write?
(a) A news article.
(b) A biography.
(c) A summary.
(d) An academic paper.
8. What makes the narrator's bed interesting to him?
(a) It is carved.
(b) It is old.
(c) It is falling apart.
(d) It is painted white.
9. How does the narrator describe the early self-portraits of Van Gogh?
10. Overall, how does the narrator describe his feelings for Avril?
11. What does the narrator say at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) That he has always been there.
(b) That he is almost there.
(c) That there isn't real.
(d) That he will never go there.
12. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
13. How does the narrator describe Miss Vavasour's appearance?
(a) Overly made-up.
(b) Young looking.
14. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As perhaps being fictional.
(b) As being the result of an accident.
(c) As stemming from his childhood.
(d) As needing topical creams.
15. How does the narrator say Anna's death affected his body?
(a) He lost weight.
(b) He began to shake.
(c) He became disgusted with it.
(d) He was nervous about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the water at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
2. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say his priest told him about thoughts as a child?
3. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say he should have done?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator overhear Anna say after he has a drink?
5. In "Section 1: Part 4", what animal does the narrator compare Myles to?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)