|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the stone the narrator says he is transported to in "Section 1: Part 6"?
2. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As needing topical creams.
(b) As stemming from his childhood.
(c) As perhaps being fictional.
(d) As being the result of an accident.
3. What does the narrator do with the rock in "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) Gives it to a child.
(b) Throws it in the water.
(c) Puts it to his lips.
(d) Squeezes it in his hand.
4. What do the waves in "Section 1: Part 6" do to the narrator?
(a) Harm him.
(b) Whisper to him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Mock him.
5. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
(a) Because her ankles were swollen.
(b) Because she was gaining weight.
(c) Because of her illness.
(d) Because she wanted a baby.
6. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
(a) Send the letter back.
(b) Not write her back.
(c) Send her a present.
(d) Write her back.
7. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace's introduction of himself?
8. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say he lacked in the early days of Anna's illness?
9. What does the narrator say he was told about his bedroom?
(a) It used to be the master bedroom.
(b) It is the newest of all the rooms.
(c) It has money hidden in it.
(d) It is haunted.
10. In the beginning of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator look at?
(a) A self-portrait.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A photograph of himself.
(d) A portrait of Bonnard.
11. What does the narrator see in the water at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) A ship.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A whale.
(d) A rowboat.
12. What type of life does the narrator say he envisioned for himself as a child?
(a) A troubled life.
(b) An academic life.
(c) A life in business.
(d) A life of travel.
13. What does the narrator say Anna feared about being bald?
(a) People knowing she was sick.
(b) Losing her hair.
(c) Looking like her father.
(d) Having to wear hats.
14. What physical ailment does the narrator have in his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
(a) He is covered in sores.
(b) He can't speak.
(c) His arm is broken.
(d) He limps.
15. What does the narrator assume Roget used to do to patients?
(a) Study them.
(b) Use laughing gas.
(c) Lie to them.
(d) Take their medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say energizes him?
2. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say his mother did when she once heard him crying?
3. Why does the narrator assume that Miss Vavasour cries herself to sleep?
4. In the narrator's dream in "Section 1: Part 2", where does he travel?
5. What does the narrator say happened at the end of the Grace family picnic?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)