|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that he saw at the Grace picnic that troubled him?
(a) Mrs. Grace's crotch.
(b) Rose's chest.
(c) Chloe's scar.
(d) Myles being beat.
2. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
(a) They have all died.
(b) They work in the city now.
(c) They moved down the road.
(d) They all left for Europe.
3. How does the narrator describe the early self-portraits of Van Gogh?
4. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
(a) Like they were on a new planet.
(b) Like they were sinking.
(c) Like they were buried alive.
(d) Like they were on display.
5. What is Myles' physical ailment?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He has polio.
6. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe the chance to be with the Grace family at a picnic?
(a) Nervous and shaking.
(b) Blessed by the gods.
(c) Happy to be alive.
(d) Troubled by the importance of the situation.
7. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say energizes him?
8. What does the narrator see in the water at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) A rowboat.
(b) A whale.
(c) A ship.
(d) A school of fish.
9. What was the daughter doing the first time the narrator saw her at the Grace house?
10. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) He was chasing a dog.
(b) He wanted to use the phone.
(c) He wanted something to eat.
(d) He said he was hurt.
11. How does the narrator describe the nighttime at The Cedars?
12. What does the narrator say made him cry over Mrs. Grace as a teenager?
(a) Not being able to know her better.
(b) Her sending him away.
(c) His mother telling him to leave her alone.
(d) Her moving to the city.
13. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say is the last thing he sees when leaving the dairy farm?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A dying tree.
(c) A single cow.
(d) A pot of flowers.
14. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say his mother did when she once heard him crying?
(a) Helped him talk about it.
(b) Gave him advice.
(c) Hugged him.
(d) Left him alone.
15. In the beginning of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator look at?
(a) A photograph of himself.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A self-portrait.
(d) A portrait of Bonnard.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe his tone?
2. Who is Mr. Todd?
3. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
4. What does the narrator say Anna feared about being bald?
5. How does the narrator describe Mr. Grace the first time he sees him?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)