|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the stone the narrator says he is transported to in "Section 1: Part 6"?
2. After the Grace picnic, what does the narrator say worried him most about Mr. Grace?
(a) His violent side.
(b) His poor driving skills.
(c) His depression.
(d) His political influence.
3. In "Section 1: Part 6", what ailment does the narrator confess to looking up in a medical dictionary?
(d) Liver spots.
4. In "Section 1: Part 5", where does the narrator say he isn't when he says: "where [he is] neither alive nor..."
(a) The other place.
(b) Avoiding people.
5. What does the narrator struggle to write?
(a) An academic paper.
(b) A biography.
(c) A news article.
(d) A summary.
6. What does the narrator say he never saw again after meeting Mr. and Mrs. Grace for the first time?
(a) His father.
(c) The dog.
(d) The housekeeper.
7. How does the narrator describe the early self-portraits of Van Gogh?
8. Who does the narrator say introduced him to Mr. Grace?
(d) Mrs. Grace.
9. What confuses the narrator most about Bonnard?
(a) How to critique his work.
(b) How to treat him.
(c) How to write to him.
(d) How to define him.
10. When does the narrator say Bonnard painted self-portraits?
(a) When he was in his 20s.
(b) He never painted self-portraits.
(c) As an old man.
(d) After the death of his wife.
11. What does the narrator say he remembers most about the dairy farmer?
(a) The fresh cheese.
(b) Collecting the daily milk.
(c) Helping him churn butter.
(d) His children playing.
12. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say that Anna said when he made her tea?
(a) She asked for Brandy.
(b) She thanked him.
(c) She asked to be alone.
(d) She wanted her tea cold.
13. What type of life does the narrator say he envisioned for himself as a child?
(a) A life in business.
(b) An academic life.
(c) A life of travel.
(d) A troubled life.
14. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) The fences.
(b) The cows.
(c) The barn.
(d) The house.
15. What does the narrator say happened at the end of the Grace family picnic?
(a) His mother was late picking him up.
(b) He helped clean up.
(c) Mr. Grace made him leave early.
(d) Chloe hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
2. What does the narrator do with the rock in "Section 1: Part 6"?
3. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
4. What does the narrator say Mr. Grace overdid when introducing himself?
5. Why does the narrator contrast Anna's father with Anna?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)