|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 5", where does the narrator say he isn't when he says: "where [he is] neither alive nor..."
(c) Avoiding people.
(d) The other place.
2. When the narrator receives a letter from Claire in "Section 1: Part 3", what does he decide to do?
(a) Send the letter back.
(b) Write her back.
(c) Not write her back.
(d) Send her a present.
3. When does the narrator say his father left his family?
(a) The summer after he met Chloe.
(b) The summer before he met Chloe.
(c) The summer he met Chloe.
(d) When he was an infant.
4. In "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator say he has been replaced by?
(a) An angel.
(b) More talented writers.
(c) A parody of himself.
(d) A demon.
5. Where is the stone located, in "Section 1: Part 6", that the narrator is transported to?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A rocky shore.
(c) A river bank.
(d) A beach.
6. In "Section 1: Part 6", what ailment does the narrator confess to looking up in a medical dictionary?
(c) Liver spots.
7. What does the narrator say made him cry over Mrs. Grace as a teenager?
(a) His mother telling him to leave her alone.
(b) Her sending him away.
(c) Her moving to the city.
(d) Not being able to know her better.
8. Who does the narrator remember finding him hiding with Mrs. Grace at the picnic?
(a) Mr. Grace.
9. How does the narrator feel during his dream in "Section 1: Part 2"?
10. In the beginning of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator look at?
(a) A portrait of Bonnard.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A self-portrait.
(d) A photograph of himself.
11. What does the narrator say he did with Claire shortly after Anna died?
(a) Went to the beach.
(b) Went for a drive.
(c) Sold the house.
(d) Sent her away.
12. What type of game does the narrator remember Mrs. Grace wanting to play at the picnic?
(a) A chasing game.
(b) A betting game.
(c) A running game.
(d) A jumping game.
13. In "Section 1: Part 3", what does the narrator say is the last thing he sees when leaving the dairy farm?
(a) A pot of flowers.
(b) A dying tree.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A single cow.
14. What type of life does the narrator say he envisioned for himself as a child?
(a) A life in business.
(b) A troubled life.
(c) A life of travel.
(d) An academic life.
15. What does the narrator do with the rock in "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) Gives it to a child.
(b) Puts it to his lips.
(c) Squeezes it in his hand.
(d) Throws it in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator assume Roget used to do to patients?
2. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator overhear Anna say after he has a drink?
3. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
4. How old is Miss Vavasour?
5. What does the narrator say he realized after spending time alone with Mrs. Grace?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)