|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator overhear Anna say after he has a drink?
(a) Who cares?
(b) What now?
(c) Are you there?
(d) So what?
2. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) The cows.
(b) The house.
(c) The barn.
(d) The fences.
3. What does the narrator say Mr. Grace overdid when introducing himself?
(a) His handshake.
(b) His movements.
(c) His facial expressions.
(d) His manners.
4. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
(a) They have all died.
(b) They moved down the road.
(c) They work in the city now.
(d) They all left for Europe.
5. What does the narrator say at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) That there isn't real.
(b) That he has always been there.
(c) That he will never go there.
(d) That he is almost there.
6. Who does Claire blame for breaking up her relationship in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Grace family.
7. In "Section 1: Part 2", what does the narrator wonder about himself?
(a) Is he loved?
(b) Is he rich?
(c) Is he obsessive?
(d) Is he troubled?
8. How did Myles interrupt the narrator the first time he was alone with Mrs. Grace?
(a) He wanted something to eat.
(b) He said he was hurt.
(c) He wanted to use the phone.
(d) He was chasing a dog.
9. In "Section 1: Part 2", how does the narrator describe his pains?
(a) As being the result of an accident.
(b) As stemming from his childhood.
(c) As needing topical creams.
(d) As perhaps being fictional.
10. Where is the narrator when he first meets Chloe?
(a) The Grace's house.
(c) The beach.
(d) A restaurant.
11. In "Section 1: Part 6", what ailment does the narrator confess to looking up in a medical dictionary?
(c) Liver spots.
12. What does the narrator say he was told about his bedroom?
(a) It has money hidden in it.
(b) It used to be the master bedroom.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is the newest of all the rooms.
13. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe the chance to be with the Grace family at a picnic?
(a) Nervous and shaking.
(b) Troubled by the importance of the situation.
(c) Blessed by the gods.
(d) Happy to be alive.
14. At the end of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator hear?
(a) A cry.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A song.
15. What does the narrator say he remembers most about the dairy farmer?
(a) Helping him churn butter.
(b) His children playing.
(c) The fresh cheese.
(d) Collecting the daily milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", what does the narrator say he should have done?
2. Why does the narrator say he went to The Cedars after Anna died?
3. In "Section 1: Part 4", what does the narrator say he once contemplated doing to Myles?
4. How does the narrator describe living with his ill wife in "Section 1: Part 1"?
5. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say his priest told him about thoughts as a child?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)