|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 5 (pp. 68-93).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe his tone?
2. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe the chance to be with the Grace family at a picnic?
(a) Troubled by the importance of the situation.
(b) Happy to be alive.
(c) Blessed by the gods.
(d) Nervous and shaking.
3. Where does the narrator say he took his daughter for tea after leaving the farm in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) His house.
(d) A museum.
4. When does the narrator say he decided to move to The Cedars?
(a) A month before Anna's death.
(b) When Claire convinced him to.
(c) After visiting it when Anna died.
(d) After reading about it in the paper.
5. How does the narrator say his mother reacted when he told her about going to a picnic with the Grace family?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She was worried.
(c) She didn't care.
(d) She was pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 4", when does the narrator say he thinks of the Graces the most?
2. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say he lacked in the early days of Anna's illness?
3. What does the narrator say he never saw again after meeting Mr. and Mrs. Grace for the first time?
4. In "Section 1: Part 1", how does the narrator describe the deaths of people he knows?
5. At the picnic, who does the narrator say Mrs. Grace called jealous?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)