|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Part 5 (pp. 68-93).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 5", what does the narrator say energizes him?
2. Where does the narrator say he took his daughter for tea after leaving the farm in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) His house.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A museum.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does the narrator say made him cry over Mrs. Grace as a teenager?
(a) Her sending him away.
(b) His mother telling him to leave her alone.
(c) Her moving to the city.
(d) Not being able to know her better.
4. Which member of the Grace family does the narrator call a "godling"?
(a) The father.
(c) The mother.
5. Why does the narrator say he thought about the Grace family as a child?
(a) To try to become part of their family.
(b) To make up stories.
(c) To help him fall asleep.
(d) To escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Section 1: Part 4", what animal does the narrator compare Myles to?
2. In "Section 1: Part 5", how does the narrator describe the chance to be with the Grace family at a picnic?
3. Why does the narrator assume that Miss Vavasour cries herself to sleep?
4. How does the narrator say his mother reacted when he told her about going to a picnic with the Grace family?
5. Why does the narrator say he would joke with his wife about people thinking she was pregnant?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)