|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Part 3 (pp. 136-148).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say at the end of "Section 1: Part 6"?
(a) That there isn't real.
(b) That he will never go there.
(c) That he is almost there.
(d) That he has always been there.
2. What does the narrator say he inspected first on the dairy farmer's land in "Section 1: Part 3"?
(a) The barn.
(b) The house.
(c) The cows.
(d) The fences.
3. What ancient city is the narrator reminded of while looking at the water in "Section 1: Part 6"?
4. When does the narrator say he decided to move to The Cedars?
(a) When Claire convinced him to.
(b) After visiting it when Anna died.
(c) A month before Anna's death.
(d) After reading about it in the paper.
5. At the end of "Section 1: Part 6", what does the narrator hear?
(b) A song.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say fascinated him about Avril?
2. What does the narrator say Avril told him about the dairy farmer's family?
3. What does the narrator say he believes in instead of an afterlife?
4. What does the narrator say he visited while in England?
5. What does the narrator assume about Miss Vavasour and the Colonel?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)