|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to spend their time stocking the pantry when they are at Charles's home?
2. Charles finds out that _____________ has left her partner and she is nowhere to be found.
3. Who is NOT one of the people who go with Charles as he brings Hartley back to her home?
4. Diary entries reveal that in his will, ___________ named Charles as the sole heir.
5. Charles now realizes that he has always been in love with his own _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes for long and silent walks with Charles after the turn of events with Peregrine?
2. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
3. Charles tells Hartley he has every intention of _______________ at Shruff End.
4. Where does Hartley lock herself when she enters the house after Charles walks up to the door with her?
5. With whom does Charles argue gently about how love should be expressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what purpose does Charles want to use Titus once he arrives on his doorstep?
2. What does Gilbert say to Charles when he arrives at Charles's home after the incident with Lizzie?
3. Why did Peregrine attempt to kill Charles, as he states in his confession to Charles in this section?
4. What do museums and other interested parties ask Charles for when he becomes the owner of James's apartment?
5. Peregrine insults Charles by saying that he wouldn't have been as great as he was if not for what person?
6. What does Fitch demand from Charles when he arrives at the home where Hartley is staying?
7. What is revealed to have happened to Peregrine at the ending of this book?
8. Describe the state of Hartley how she is described at the start of this scene with Charles.
9. What does Charles promise Titus he will do for him when he is staying at the house with him?
10. How does Rosina interrupt the trip back to Nibletts, which is taking Hartley back to her husband?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)