|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles is twice interrupted by ___________, forcing him to leave the others in the kitchen.
2. Who decides to take over the cooking at the house for the group living with Charles?
3. In whose apartment is Charles now living according to the contents of this chapter?
4. Peregrine refers to Charles as a withered __________________, and that he would not be anything without the help of Clement.
(d) Richard III
5. Diary entries reveal that in his will, ___________ named Charles as the sole heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ has left university in search of Charles as he wants to ask where Charles is actually his father.
2. Charles is frustrated when the emotions between Titus and Hartley aren't as ____________ as he hoped they would be.
3. Charles now realizes that he has always been in love with his own _______________.
4. After the visit with Hartley, Charles was worried about the arrival of ______________.
5. Charles says that the ____________ is the only part of his life with any meaning and that he wants to wait for Hartley.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles do with the apartment that James has left to him in his will?
2. What does Fitch demand from Charles when he arrives at the home where Hartley is staying?
3. What causes everyone in the house Charles owns to be in a bit of a daze for a few days?
4. Why did Peregrine attempt to kill Charles, as he states in his confession to Charles in this section?
5. For what purpose does Charles want to use Titus once he arrives on his doorstep?
6. What does Charles decide happened to him the night that Peregrine tried to kill him?
7. What is revealed to have happened to Peregrine at the ending of this book?
8. What happens to Lizzie when she comes to visit Charles unexpectedly?
9. What does Hartley reveal she would have liked to have been home for instead of with Charles?
10. What is contained in the letter that Charles has from Hartley, which he puts off reading for a while?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)