|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fitch thought Hartley would be pleased by the ______________ he brought home for her.
(b) New couch
2. What does Charles thrust into Hartley's hand when he finally leaves the home she and Fitch share?
(a) A book
(b) A letter
(c) A ring
(d) A bottle of wine
3. Hartley becomes horrified when she finds out that Charles _________________.
(a) Has been lying to Titus.
(b) Listened in on her and Fitch.
(c) Watched her as she slept.
(d) Tried to kill Fitch.
4. Charles finds that Gilbert and James are getting along in a way that makes him _____________.
5. What does Charles want Titus to consider him, though he has said this before?
(a) His uncle
(b) His son
(c) His brother
(d) A friend
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ gave up a role in a film in order to remarry Peregrine and move with him to Ireland.
2. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
3. Charles is twice interrupted by ___________, forcing him to leave the others in the kitchen.
4. Charles instead tells Titus that he only wants to see Hartley so they can be ____________ again.
5. Who does Fitch recognize in the group from his days in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the state of Hartley how she is described at the start of this scene with Charles.
2. What does Charles imagine as Fitch becomes insistent about bringing Hartley back home with him?
3. In which outfit does Charles dress Hartley in order to take her back to Fitch?
4. Why did Peregrine attempt to kill Charles, as he states in his confession to Charles in this section?
5. Why does Titus get out of the car on the way back from dropping Hartley off?
6. Why does Titus end up at Charles's house as well after the arrival of Gilbert?
7. What does Charles discover as he is waiting for the people to leave his house?
8. What does Hartley do when Fitch opens the door for her when she arrives back home?
9. Who does Charles believe is deceiving him, according to his diary entries?
10. What happens to Lizzie when she comes to visit Charles unexpectedly?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)