|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ tries to convince Charles that he attempts to rescue Hartley were delusions from an old dream.
2. Hartley insists that all she wants to do the first night he is with Charles is ____________.
(a) Watch the water
(c) Make love
3. _______________ is almost catatonic with fear and with tension, according to Charles.
4. Fitch thought Hartley would be pleased by the ______________ he brought home for her.
(d) New couch
5. Charles now realizes that he has always been in love with his own _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles decides to return to his life in the ____________, according to the diary entries.
2. Charles begins to reflect upon _______________ and the misery of her death.
3. In whose apartment is Charles now living according to the contents of this chapter?
4. ______________ tells Charles that when he dropped off the letter he heard Fitch talking to another woman.
5. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing that Charles keeps in James's apartment, no matter who offers to buy it?
2. What does Charles promise Titus he will do for him when he is staying at the house with him?
3. Who does Charles believe is deceiving him, according to his diary entries?
4. For what purpose does Charles want to use Titus once he arrives on his doorstep?
5. What does Charles decide happened to him the night that Peregrine tried to kill him?
6. What does Hartley do when Fitch opens the door for her when she arrives back home?
7. What is contained in the letter that Charles has from Hartley, which he puts off reading for a while?
8. Why does Charles become frustrated when he sees Hartley and Titus reunited because of his actions?
9. Who is involved in helping take Hartley back to her home and back to Fitch?
10. What do museums and other interested parties ask Charles for when he becomes the owner of James's apartment?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)