|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lizzie weakens her stance in response to Charles's letter, what does she tell him that she will need?
(b) A new house
(c) A job
2. What was Peregrine's birth name, though he changed it in order to reflect his love of an uncle?
3. ___________ is the self-important Irishman is the most important friend in Charles's life.
4. Charles insists that there is no ______________ with Lizzie when he is talking to Rosina.
5. What is the look in Hartley's eyes when she recognizes Charles in the crowd?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles sneaks his way into the ________________ at Niblett's and tries to learn more about the relationship of Fitch and Hartley.
2. What does Charles drop in shock of seeing the person from #25 at his house?
3. Who does Charles decide he wants to befriend and to mentor in order to get closer to Hartley?
4. Who does Charles find at the door, giving the door an insistent knock and surprising him?
5. Several times when Charles and Hartley are talking, she says that she has to leave to _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles get to witness when he sneaks into the garden of Nibletts?
2. What is the prediction that Charles makes for the decision Lizzie will make about being with Gilbert?
3. What does Charles find when there is an insistent knock on his door that day, though it's not what he expected?
4. Who are the two women which Charles mentions as having had a significant influence on his life?
5. From what location is Charles writing after his encounter with Fitch about Hartley and her feelings?
6. Why does Gilbert arrive on the doorstep of Charles at the start of this chapter's events?
7. What does James have in his apartment which Charles makes fun of as having a demon inside?
8. How does Charles finally deliver the letter to Hartley when he is done writing it?
9. How does Charles introduce himself to the reader in terms of his profession and achievements?
10. What does Charles discover in his home after he has gone to town to pick up a bottle of wine?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)