|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the person from #25 come in order to haunt Charles and to frighten him?
2. Gilbert explain to Charles how much he and Lizzie both care for him and ___________ him.
3. Who drives Charles to London in order to take him away from his situation with Hartley?
4. When he goes home Charles sees the dark marks that were caused by the ______________ during the conversation with Hartley.
(d) Coffee mugs
5. For what does Charles say the first paragraph he's written is supposed to be for, though he is waiting to complete this?
(a) An article.
(b) A letter to a lover.
(c) His memoirs.
(d) His will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles learns the Hartley is ______________ and reacts with inner disappointment.
2. What does Fitch go in search of when Charles arrives and makes up a story about Hartley?
3. Fitch accuses Hartley of getting back together with _____________ during the argument they have.
4. What does Charles create that will express his love for Hartley, hopefully persuading her to leave?
5. What did Fitch do to Titus, which is part of the reason why Titus runs away from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charles begins to desire the company of a man when he is in London?
2. What does Charles say about the situation in which he has placed himself as he is writing?
3. What does Charles get to witness when he sneaks into the garden of Nibletts?
4. What does Gilbert says that he and Lizzie would be happy if Charles did?
5. What is the prediction that Charles makes for the decision Lizzie will make about being with Gilbert?
6. What does Hartley do when Charles's hand brushes up against her twice as they are talking?
7. Who are the two women which Charles mentions as having had a significant influence on his life?
8. How does Charles attempt to calm himself after his encounter with Hartley?
9. What does Charles find when there is an insistent knock on his door that day, though it's not what he expected?
10. What does Charles say in response to his own question of how his first love was?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)