|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Charles say the first paragraph he's written is supposed to be for, though he is waiting to complete this?
(a) His memoirs.
(b) His will.
(c) A letter to a lover.
(d) An article.
2. Charles prays that he be allowed to find Hartley and to make her _____________.
(a) Sexually satisfied
(b) His wife
(d) His cooking partner
3. Who drives Charles to London in order to take him away from his situation with Hartley?
4. Where does Charles go to find Hartley as he is afraid she fell on the rocks, though he can not find her by the rocks?
(d) Shruff End
5. What does Charles see in the distance when he is watching Rosina leave?
(a) A flash of light.
(b) A sea serpent.
(c) An old women.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles does find photographs of his Uncle ___________ and Aunt Estelle.
2. Who was the older actress with whom Charles became involved when he was a younger actor?
3. The dark marks on the table "which remained there ever after to remind [him] of that ____________ night."
4. Twice, Charles's hand brushes up against Hartley's ______________, though she moves away.
5. What does Peregrine call his Uncle Peregrine during the conversation with Charles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hartley tearfully admit to Charles when he finds her the next day in the market?
2. What does Charles interrupt when he arrives at Nibletts that same evening after seeing Hartley?
3. What does Hartley ask Charles to do when she is getting ready to leave the church?
4. What does Rosina confess to doing in order to haunt Charles in his house at Shruff End?
5. Why does Gilbert arrive on the doorstep of Charles at the start of this chapter's events?
6. What does Charles say in response to his own question of how his first love was?
7. What does Charles get to witness when he sneaks into the garden of Nibletts?
8. What are the three passions which Charles describes in his writing at the start of this book?
9. What is Charles afraid of as he writes the letter to Hartley offering to take her away and to take care of her forever?
10. What does Charles do for the first time since he was a child when he is out looking for Hartley?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)