|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fitch thought Hartley would be pleased by the ______________ he brought home for her.
(d) New couch
2. What has fallen to the floor, releasing the demon within, according to Charles?
(a) His book
(b) A glass
3. What does Hartley refuse from Charles, saying over and over again that she wants to go home?
4. Charles insists that James and ____________ leave immediately, even opening the car doors for them.
5. __________ protests that Charles can't just arbitrarily end someone else's marriage the way he wants.
6. Who lets Charles know they have received a good part in a good film, though he dismisses the person?
7. Charles tells Hartley he has every intention of _______________ at Shruff End.
(a) Keeping her
(b) Marrying her
(c) Making love to her
(d) Killing Fitch
8. Charles instead tells Titus that he only wants to see Hartley so they can be ____________ again.
(a) A happy group
(b) A family
(d) Acting partners
9. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
10. Charles decides to return to his life in the ____________, according to the diary entries.
(a) Banking sector
(c) Real estate market
(d) Art business
11. Charles believes that Fitch and Hartley aren't actually in _______________, but hiding from him elsewhere.
12. Peregrine refers to Charles as a withered __________________, and that he would not be anything without the help of Clement.
(b) Richard III
13. Charles considers the idea that James might possibly be in ______________.
14. ___________ says that sometimes things need to be simply allowed to happen, in a calm and resigned way.
15. Charles finds out that _____________ has left her partner and she is nowhere to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to go back to London in order to act in a television play?
2. Who does Charles imagine throwing off the rocks in order to kill him?
3. Charles begins to reflect upon _______________ and the misery of her death.
4. Rosina reveals that when she and Charles were together, he made her _____________.
5. Who is the first of many visitors that Charles has the next day after talking with Hartley?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)