|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to spend their time stocking the pantry when they are at Charles's home?
2. With whom does Charles argue gently about how love should be expressed?
3. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
4. ___________ says that sometimes things need to be simply allowed to happen, in a calm and resigned way.
5. ____________ tries to convince Charles that he attempts to rescue Hartley were delusions from an old dream.
6. Who has been swimming in the nude in the scene, so Charles go out to check on him?
7. Fitch thought Hartley would be pleased by the ______________ he brought home for her.
(b) New couch
8. Charles begins to wonder if Hartley married and stayed with Fitch because she found him __________ attractive.
9. Diary entries reveal that in his will, ___________ named Charles as the sole heir.
10. Who begins to drink heavily as a result of the death of one of the members of the household?
11. Charles considers the idea that James might possibly be in ______________.
12. What has Charles been invited to, according to the letter he has received in the mail?
13. Charles is frustrated when the emotions between Titus and Hartley aren't as ____________ as he hoped they would be.
14. Whose death has left everyone in the house in a daze at the start of this chapter?
15. ____________ is devoted to Charles in a loving way that this person has always wanted with Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles convinces himself that the change in Hartley's behavior is the result of her realizing the ____________ of his love.
2. Who wrote Lizzie a letter, telling her everything that has happened since her disappearance?
3. __________ and other interested parties ask Charles to be given the books and artifacts in his new home.
4. What is the only thing that Charles keeps from James's apartment?
5. Who slips and falls into the sea when they happily greet Charles?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)