|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Charles been invited to, according to the letter he has received in the mail?
2. Who decides to take over the cooking at the house for the group living with Charles?
3. Where does Fitch reveal that he and Hartley are moving during the course of their conversation together?
4. Where do Titus and Hartley shut themselves in order to have a long talk together?
(c) Inner room
5. Rosina reveals that when she and Charles were together, he made her _____________.
6. Who goes for long and silent walks with Charles after the turn of events with Peregrine?
7. What does Charles thrust into Hartley's hand when he finally leaves the home she and Fitch share?
(a) A ring
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A letter
(d) A book
8. The next morning, Charles dresses Hartley in an overcoat and a _____________ for her trip back home.
(a) Large hat
(c) Beach towel
(d) Pair of pants
9. Who does Charles want Gilbert to keep an eye out for when they are the house at Shruff End?
10. What is Hartley beginning to mutter to herself that she wants to do, besides go home?
(b) Kill Titus
(d) Kill Charles
11. ____________ tries to convince Charles that he attempts to rescue Hartley were delusions from an old dream.
12. Charles is frustrated when the emotions between Titus and Hartley aren't as ____________ as he hoped they would be.
13. ______________ is murdered for his political/theatrical activism, Charles shares with the reader.
14. Charles decides to return to his life in the ____________, according to the diary entries.
(a) Real estate market
(b) Banking sector
(c) Art business
15. Who gets out of the car on the ride home as he needs air after beginning to feel sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles reveals that he is _______________ every night at this point of his story and recollections.
2. Who begins to hurl rocks at the car as they are driving to Nibletts?
3. Charles finds out that _____________ has left her partner and she is nowhere to be found.
4. James tells Charles he sees plans for ______________ in Charles's eyes, and notices also the long simmering resentment.
5. Charles begins to reflect upon _______________ and the misery of her death.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)