|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rosina tells Charles that he knows of his desire to be with ____________.
2. During the conversation between Fitch and Hartley, it is reveals they came to Narrowdean for ____________.
(a) A better community.
(b) A better home.
(c) A fresh start.
(d) A place for her to recuperate.
3. Fitch tells Hartley that he is going to force her to__________ and to take care of him.
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Stay away from Charles.
(d) Stay in the marriage.
4. Who is the old women that Charles eventually recognizes to be a long lost lover?
5. Charles comments that always in their conversations, James makes him feel defensive and __________.
6. From where did the person from #25 come in order to haunt Charles and to frighten him?
7. Who appears in the middle of the argument between Charles and Gilbert at Charles's home?
8. What does Charles drop in shock of seeing the person from #25 at his house?
9. Rosina reminds Charles that he promised her that he would _______________ if he ever made that choice.
(a) Marry Hartley
(b) Marry Clement
(c) Marry her
(d) Marry Lizzie
10. _____________ was the passionate and the very talented former over from Charles's past.
11. Charles sneaks his way into the ________________ at Niblett's and tries to learn more about the relationship of Fitch and Hartley.
(a) Inner tower
12. What are the two things which came with the house that Charles bought? An exotically framed mirror and an ugly _________.
13. Who does Charles decide he wants to befriend and to mentor in order to get closer to Hartley?
14. What does Charles go into Narrowdean to buy as he is confident Lizzie will come to be with him?
(b) A hot dinner
(d) A new bedspread
15. Who drives Charles to London in order to take him away from his situation with Hartley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles do every day as a part of his routine, something that he loves?
2. Who does Charles find at the door, giving the door an insistent knock and surprising him?
3. What does Fitch go in search of when Charles arrives and makes up a story about Hartley?
4. Peregrine spends most of the evening talking about his ____________ of the theater, his job, and Ireland.
5. Who is the Buddhist and ex-soldier cousin of Charles with whom he shares a strange kind of rivalry?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)