• Charles writes in his journal about the sea.
• Charles wanted to write his memoir, but needs to be calmer before he can attempt to do so again.
• Charles lives in an odd house called Shruff End.
• Charles talks about the many women with which he has had relationships.
• One day when looking out into the sea, Charles saw a large sea serpent, reminding him of a bad LSD trip.
• Charles had written to Lizzie to have her come be with him again.
• Charles finds a hidden post box and reads the accumulated mail in it.
• Lizzie tells Charles he is going to live with Gilbert.
• Charles recounts a story about a woman who hurt him - Hartley, but her real name was Mary.
• Gilbert arrives to tell Charles to leave Lizzie alone.
• Lizzie and Gilbert leave.
• Charles is confident Lizzie will make a good decision and...
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)