|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is discovered in the ziplock bag by Percy and his friends in Chapter 17?
(a) At least $600.
(b) Just under $200.
(c) At least $300.
(d) At least $400.
2. What is the attack plan called that Percy orders in the opening of Chapter 15?
3. Who is directed to take Annabeth on a tour of the facilities in Chapter 12?
4. What two words are printed on the letter that Percy receives in Chapter 19?
(a) Love yourself.
(b) Brace yourself.
(c) Believe yourself.
(d) Trust yourself.
5. Whom has Grover been on a quest to find?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckendorf toss into Percy's chariot in the race in Chapter 19?
2. What is done with the Fleece when it is brought to Camp Half-Blood?
3. Percy and his friends reach the shores of what city in the opening of Chapter 17?
4. With whom does Percy team up in the chariot races in Chapter 19?
5. For his actions in clearing the way for future searchers, the Council of Cloven Elders bestows upon Grover a two-month furlough and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Circe in Greek mythology and how is she presented in the novel?
2. What is the name of Clarisse's ship? Who mans the ship?
3. What leads to Tyson's disappearance in Chapter 11?
4. What does Annabeth reveal the Oracle's prophesy to be that involves Percy?
5. Where do Percy and his friends arrive in the opening of Chapter 17? How long has it been since their departure?
6. Who is Ares in Greek mythology? How is he presented in this novel?
7. Where is Tyson going for the summer in Chapter 20? Why?
8. What emerges as Percy's tragic flaw in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Annabeth want to hear the Sirens' song? How does she attempt to do so?
10. How does Hermes appear when he arrives in the stables in Chapter 19? Why?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)