|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Percy's mother celebrate special occasions?
(a) By taking him to eat Chinese food.
(b) By hosting a party with his father.
(c) By serving blue food.
(d) By making him steak tartare.
2. What are the names of the snakes that encircle the jogger's phone in Chapter 7?
(a) George and Martha.
(b) Bob and Cindy.
(c) Jack and Sally.
(d) Waldorf and Wilma.
3. What is the magical borderline around Camp Half-Blood that is supposed to keep away monsters?
(a) Poseidon's harp.
(b) Zeus's arrow.
(c) The River Styx.
(d) Thalia's tree.
4. What does Tyson call the bull when he punches it in the face in Chapter 4?
(a) Bad cow.
(b) Bad horsey.
(c) Bad bull.
(d) Bad donkey.
5. What is Percy's cabin number?
(a) Number 10.
(b) Number 12.
(c) Number 3.
(d) Number 34.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Annabeth's mother?
2. What are the names of the three old ladies in the taxi?
3. Who has taken Chiron's job in Chapter 5?
4. What distance does Percy say the ship traveled overnight when they reach Virginia Beach in Chapter 9?
5. What creatures come up from the canoe lake for dinner at the pavilion in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chiron described? What is his position at Camp Half-Blood?
2. What irony involves Monster Donuts in Chapter 10?
3. What is in the sarcophagus? Why is it significant?
4. Over what does Poseidon rule? How is Poseidon connected to the novel?
5. Who is Matt Sloan and what role does he play in the novel?
6. How does Percy describe the cabin set-ups at the camp in Chapter 5?
7. How do Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson escape the ship in Chapter 9?
8. Where is Percy's dream set in Chapter 1? What is Grover doing in the dream?
9. What important information is related to Percy from the Three Gray Sisters?
10. What occurs when the camp directors are deciding what to do about Tyson in Chapter 5? What does this indicate?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)