|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emerges from Percy's watch during the chariot race in Chapter 19?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bear.
(c) A shield.
(d) A gun.
2. What is the title of Chapter 14?
(a) "I Take Many Gifts."
(b) "We Meet the Three Sisters."
(c) "Clarisse Blows Up Everything."
(d) "We Meet the Sheep of Doom."
3. How do Percy and Annabeth make their way back to the ship from Siren Bay?
(a) In a submarine.
(b) On the backs of Naiads.
(c) On the backs of hippocampi.
(d) Inside a bubble.
4. What is Percy turned into after drinking the beverage given to him on the island in Chapter 12?
(a) A cat.
(b) A Dryad.
(c) A Minotaur.
(d) A guinea pig.
5. Who is the woman who is weaving at the loom when Percy and Annabeth meet her?
(a) Mrs. D.
6. For his actions in clearing the way for future searchers, the Council of Cloven Elders bestows upon Grover a two-month furlough and what?
(a) A new set of reed pipes.
(b) A chariot.
(c) A new set of wings.
(d) A new set of hooves.
7. Who is Chiron's father?
8. What color does Percy describe Chiron's eyes as being in Chapter 18?
(a) Deep brown.
(b) Light gray.
(c) Dark blue.
(d) Bright green.
9. What does the beverage taste like that Percy is given on the island in Chapter 12?
(a) A Dr. Pepper.
(b) A root beer.
(c) A chocolate milkshake.
(d) A strawberry milkshake.
10. How does the Cyclops entrap Clarisse and Grover in his cave when he goes to tend to his flocks?
(a) He straps several chains across the door.
(b) He uses an electric shield to bar the door.
(c) He places a boulder over the entrance.
(d) He puts a magical spell over the opening.
11. What area of the ship of Confederate soldiers is Clarisse's favorite?
(a) The gunnery deck.
(b) The commander's chamber.
(c) The poop deck.
(d) The spa room.
12. Who tells a ghost story about an evil king who was eaten alive by demonic pastries in Chapter 19?
(b) Agrius and Oreius.
(d) The Stoll brothers.
13. What kind of tree does Polyphemus rip from the side of a cliff to hurl at Percy in Chapter 16?
(a) A fir tree.
(b) An olive tree.
(c) A willow tree.
(d) An oak tree.
14. Who does Luke give permission to eat Annabeth and Grover in Chapter 18?
15. To what would Chiron's cousins be most closely equated in reality?
(a) Solemn clerics.
(b) Concert singers.
(c) Sports fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tyson and Percy summon to help them after the ship sinks in Chapter 16?
2. What is done with the Fleece when it is brought to Camp Half-Blood?
3. Where does Tyson describe a Sphynx living that is a big bully in Chapter 19?
4. Who has managed to salvage the bag of cash that Percy and his friends believed they had lost in Chapter 17?
5. When Percy and Annabeth first see Clarisse on the Cyclops's island, she is tied up and hanging over what?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)