|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distance does Percy say the ship traveled overnight when they reach Virginia Beach in Chapter 9?
(a) 530 nautical miles.
(b) 623 nautical miles.
(c) 250 nautical miles.
(d) 165 nautical miles.
2. What body of water does the dining pavilion overlook at Camp Half-Blood?
(a) Puget Sound.
(b) Long Island Sound.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Lake Tahoe.
3. What does Tyson hit the hellhound with when it charges Percy in Chapter 9?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) His sword.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A coffee table.
4. What is engraved on the pen that Percy keeps under his pillow as he sleeps?
(a) "Bemus Mortem."
(b) "Alesando. Protector."
(c) "Anaklusmos. Riptide."
(d) "Achilles. Illiad."
5. What name does Annabeth use to refer to dragon women?
(d) Scythian Dracaenae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose remains are kept in the gold sarcophagus on the ship?
2. Where does Annabeth instruct Percy to lead the lifeboat when the coast guard begins following them?
3. Into what vessel do Percy and his friends escape from the monsters on the ship in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the bridal shop that Grover ducks into in the dream in Chapter 1?
5. What birds attacked during the chariot race?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)