|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should Wormwood try to develop permanent deceit in the patient?
(a) Convince the patient that the more science he knows the better.
(b) Avoid church going people.
(c) Encourage self-perception as a complex person superior to others.
(d) Participate in church affairs and worldly affairs at the same time.
2. What does Lewis say is the modern fiend's methods of temptation?
(a) Muddle the essentials of old-fashioned concepts such as gluttony.
(b) Create vanities that become excesses of thought or action.
(c) Convince people the old-fashioned concepts are false.
(d) Create a false sense of sophistication about life experiences.
3. What does Screwtape become because he is so angry about the girl?
(a) A centipede.
(b) Weepy and morose.
(c) Unable to think clearly.
4. When does Screwtape think it more advisable that the patient not think about the future?
(a) If the patient thinks the Enemy servants will provide protection.
(b) If the patient has a dull imagination.
(c) If the patient thinks he should arm himself with virtues in the present.
(d) If the patient foresees a world identical to the present.
5. What preference by God does Screwtape view as nonsense?
(a) Sexual intercourse is reserved for mature adults only.
(b) Sexual intercourse creates a temporary bond.
(c) Multiple sexual acts should always be repented.
(d) Unity in diversity, such as male and female as one flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of true humility?
2. Why is subtly by degrees Screwtape's preferred method of temptation?
3. What usually brings a person to Hell?
4. How does Lewis suggest the modern person avoid gluttony?
5. How does Lewis summarize the cosmic battle?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)