|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Enemy consistently helps the patient in which of these situations?
(a) Imagined daily slights and insults.
(b) Calm for imagined fears and hypotheticals.
(c) Grief and sadness.
(d) Present and actual suffering.
2. What is the goal of true humility?
(a) To guarantee salvation of the soul.
(b) To turn the person's attention to all sinfulness.
(c) To guarantee God is pleased.
(d) To turn the person's attention to God and others.
3. Why is Wormwood told "living in the future" is preferable to living in the now.
(a) The past can be altered through imaginings.
(b) This removes the patient from doing anything useful or charitable in the present.
(c) The future is thought to be remote.
(d) The future cannot be altered by the present.
4. How should the fiend encourage the patient to think about malice and benevolence?
(a) Malice toward those remote and unknown, benevolence toward the neighbors.
(b) Malice toward war leaders, benevolence to people affected by war.
(c) Malice toward the neighbors, benevolence toward those remote and unknown.
(d) Malice toward declared enemies of war, benevolence to injured.
5. Where do the fiends receive training?
(a) The School.
(b) The Fiend Foundation.
(c) Devil's Workshop.
(d) Training College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Screwtape tells Wormwood it is best if patient avoids this.
2. What does Screwtape identify as a disadvantage for devils?
3. Screwtape tells Wormwood to train the patient about prayer.
4. According to Screwtape, which old wisdom is mostly dismissed in the modern world?
5. How do devils use the media concerning female desirability?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)