|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the thought 'religion is all very well up to a point' lead to?
(a) Jargon has no place in religion.
(b) Free will can define the limits of religion.
(c) Moderated religion is no religion at all.
(d) Sensible strong Christians.
2. What is Screwtape's response to whether it is desirable for a patient to be in love?
(a) Always undesirable, provides the patient an ally.
(b) Always desirable, befuddles the patient.
(c) Neither desirable or undesirable, only useful if it can corrupt.
(d) Always undesirable, directs the mind to God.
3. When does sex work best in the fiend's favor?
(a) When sex is bereft of love, as a remedy for emotional pain.
(b) When the patient is an adolescent.
(c) When sex involves deceit of another.
(d) When sex is readily available and involves multiple partners.
4. What is one of the best fiend tactics to use during spiritual dullness?
(a) Overindulgence in food and sex.
(b) Childish prayers to combat sexual temptation.
(c) Pointless sexual daydreams.
(d) Sexual exploits.
5. Why is sexual perversion a useful tool for the fiend?
(a) Sexual perversion diverts a person's thinking about sexuality within marriage.
(b) God tolerates sexual perversion.
(c) Sexual perversion breeds distrust.
(d) Sexual perversion is fun and satisfying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love viewed from Hell's standpoint?
2. How does Screwtape think about the patient's mind?
3. How should the fiend encourage the patient to think about malice and benevolence?
4. Why is subtly by degrees Screwtape's preferred method of temptation?
5. What is one main theme Lewis repeatedly asserts?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)