|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Thomas shot in Chapter 39?
2. What does Brenda use for light when she and Thomas are going through the underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
3. What is written on the plaque on the wall that Thomas discovers at the end of Chapter 35?
4. What color is the light in the cave where Teresa takes Thomas in Chapter 50?
5. What did Brenda's father attack the WICKED people with when they came to take Brenda away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harriet and Sonya propose to Thomas when he awakens in Chapter 47? How does he respond?
2. What information does Harriet relate to Thomas regarding her group in Chapter 49?
3. What does Jorge announce to the Cranks when he and Thomas return from their talk in Chapter 29?
4. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
5. How is Thomas attacked by the Crank in Chapter 33? How is this conflict resolved?
6. How does Brenda describe the circumstances of the Cranks in Chapter 29?
7. How is Thomas's dream described in Chapter 47? How old is Thomas in the dream?
8. How does Thomas go about fighting off his opponents in Chapter 51?
9. How are the Cranks described that pursue Brenda and Thomas in Chapter 32? What do Brenda and Thomas do to evade them?
10. What information does Thomas relate to the members of Group B in Chapter 48? What decision is made regarding Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe WICKED in The Scorch Trials. How and why was this organization formed? What are the objectives of WICKED? How are Thomas and Teresa involved in WICKED's objectives?
Essay Topic 2
What happens after Thomas has been shot in the shoulder? Who assists in treating Thomas's wounds? Where is Thomas taken after the arrival of the Berg? What does he learn in this setting?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the dreams that Thomas has throughout The Scorch Trials. How old is Thomas in these dreams? What is revealed to Thomas and the reader regarding Thomas's past through the dreams? How do the dreams relate to WICKED?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)