|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fourth wall composed of in the room where Thomas is trapped in Chapter 54?
2. What is the first sound that Thomas hears as he awakens in Chapter 54?
3. Who is the first of the Gladers that Thomas talks to when he awakens in Chapter 25?
4. For how long does Teresa say she and Aris have been communicating telepathically in Chapter 54?
5. Where is Thomas shot in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thomas attacked by the Crank in Chapter 33? How is this conflict resolved?
2. What happens when the door opens to the chamber in Chapter 54? How does Thomas respond?
3. What do Thomas and Jorge talk about privately in Chapter 27? What agreement do they reach?
4. What demands does Teresa make when she appears in Chapter 44? Are her demands met?
5. What plan does Jorge develop in Chapter 28? What risks are involved?
6. How old is Thomas in his dream in Chapter 35? What does he dream about?
7. What does Jorge inform the Gladers about when he first appears in Chapter 26?
8. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
9. How are the Cranks described that pursue Brenda and Thomas in Chapter 32? What do Brenda and Thomas do to evade them?
10. What does Brenda make Thomas promise to her in Chapter 30? How does Brenda behave in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Teresa in The Scorch Trials. How has Teresa's character changed in this novel of the series? How does Teresa's character evolve in the course of the narrative? What actions does Teresa take in the story, and what do you think her objectives are based on those actions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the language style in The Scorch Trials. What are examples of slang words used by the characters in the novel? Where did these slang words come from? Why do you think the author has chosen this language style?
Essay Topic 3
What happens after Thomas has been shot in the shoulder? Who assists in treating Thomas's wounds? Where is Thomas taken after the arrival of the Berg? What does he learn in this setting?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)