|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Gladers have been killed in the lightning storm in Chapter 25?
2. What is the name that Brenda calls the system of underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
3. How old is Thomas in his dream in the beginning of Chapter 47?
4. Where is Thomas shot in Chapter 39?
5. What weapon does Aris threaten Thomas with in Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Jorge develop in Chapter 28? What risks are involved?
2. What happens when the door opens to the chamber in Chapter 54? How does Thomas respond?
3. How is Thomas treated once he arrives at Group B's camp in Chapter 46?
4. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
5. How does Brenda describe the circumstances of the Cranks in Chapter 29?
6. What information does Harriet relate to Thomas regarding her group in Chapter 49?
7. How many Gladers have survived the journey to the city in Chapter 25? Whom do they first encounter there?
8. How does Thomas go about fighting off his opponents in Chapter 51?
9. What do Thomas and Jorge talk about privately in Chapter 27? What agreement do they reach?
10. How are the Cranks described that pursue Brenda and Thomas in Chapter 32? What do Brenda and Thomas do to evade them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe WICKED in The Scorch Trials. How and why was this organization formed? What are the objectives of WICKED? How are Thomas and Teresa involved in WICKED's objectives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the encounter between Thomas and Teresa at the building in the desert. Why do you think that Teresa behaves as she does in this encounter? What are Thomas's impressions of Teresa? Why does Thomas lead the other Gladers to run away from the building after he leaves Teresa?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thomas as the protagonist of The Scorch Trials. What "heroic" qualities does Thomas exhibit in the story? What do you think are Thomas's character flaws? What is Thomas's overall objective in the narrative?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)