|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sleeping in the bunk-bed above Thomas in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. By what mode of transportation does Minho say the Gladers arrived at the dorm yesterday in Chapter 5?
3. What creatures from the Maze stung Thomas, Ben, and Alby and caused their memories to flood back to them?
4. About how many bodies are hanging from the ceiling in the common room when the Gladers enter in Chapter 3?
5. Who are the first three Gladers to cross into the doorway into the light in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similarities does Aris's story share with the Gladers' in Chapter 6? What does Aris's tattoo reveal?
2. What awakens Thomas from his sleep in Chapter 2?
3. What sights and sounds do the Gladers see and hear as they approach the town in Chapter 19?
4. What is signified by the alarm in Chapter 7? What do the Gladers discover after the alarm has sounded?
5. Whom do the Gladers encounter on their journey in Chapter 23? What does this character reveal?
6. What do the Gladers do after one in their group is killed by a "death ball" in Chapter 15?
7. How is the Gladers' journey toward the town described in Chapter 22?
8. What theory does Aris present regarding the two groups in Chapter 19?
9. How does the man in the desert describe the Cranks in Chapter 18?
10. How does Teresa appear and behave when Thomas encounters her in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens after Thomas has been shot in the shoulder? Who assists in treating Thomas's wounds? Where is Thomas taken after the arrival of the Berg? What does he learn in this setting?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mission of Group B given from the man in the white suit. How many components are there in this mission? What is the ultimate objective of the mission? How do you think this mission will help WICKED achieve their objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of memory in The Scorch Trials. What has happened to the memories of the Gladers? Why? How does their lack of memory present obstacles for them? How does the author develop this theme through symbolism?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)