|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is struck by lightning and killed as the Gladers make their way through the storm to the city in Chapter 24?
2. What is Teresa's last name listed as on her door in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Thomas say that Teresa acted like when he saw her in the building in Chapter 21?
4. Who calls for a "potty break" as the Gladers make their way toward the town in Chapter 19?
5. How far away does Minho believe the town is after the Gladers have come up the staircase in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Gladers do after one in their group is killed by a "death ball" in Chapter 15?
2. How does Thomas describe his encounter with Teresa to the Gladers in Chapter 21?
3. What theory does Aris present regarding the two groups in Chapter 19?
4. What similarities does Aris's story share with the Gladers' in Chapter 6? What does Aris's tattoo reveal?
5. How does the man in the white suit describe the objective of WICKED in Chapter 11?
6. Whom do the Gladers encounter on their journey in Chapter 23? What does this character reveal?
7. What happens when Thomas confronts the man in the white suit in Chapter 10?
8. How is the Gladers' journey toward the town described in Chapter 22?
9. What is the mission that the man in the white suit gives to the Gladers in Chapter 11?
10. What do the Gladers do when they are approached by a man and woman in the desert in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Gladers' experiences in the Flat Trans in the novel. What creatures do they encounter in this setting? How many of the Gladers are killed in the Flat Trans? Where does the Flat Trans lead the Gladers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mission of Group B given from the man in the white suit. How many components are there in this mission? What is the ultimate objective of the mission? How do you think this mission will help WICKED achieve their objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the encounter between Thomas and Teresa at the building in the desert. Why do you think that Teresa behaves as she does in this encounter? What are Thomas's impressions of Teresa? Why does Thomas lead the other Gladers to run away from the building after he leaves Teresa?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)