|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 22, "The more Thomas thought about it, the more he realized that there wasn't much to be happy about. Still two things kept him going." What is the second thing that keeps Thomas going?
2. What is the name of Aris's best friend that was killed in the Maze?
3. How old is Thomas in the dream he has at the end of Chapter 8?
4. At what time will the Flat Trans open, according to "Rat Man" in Chapter 11?
5. When did Aris arrive at the Glade in relation to Rachel's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Thomas from his sleep in Chapter 2?
2. What food does Minho bring to Thomas after days of not eating in Chapter 9? Where is the food from?
3. Whom do the Gladers encounter on their journey in Chapter 23? What does this character reveal?
4. What theory does Aris present regarding the two groups in Chapter 19?
5. What is the mission that the man in the white suit gives to the Gladers in Chapter 11?
6. How does the man in the white suit describe the objective of WICKED in Chapter 11?
7. What do the Gladers discover outside of Teresa's door in Chapter 4? How does Thomas respond?
8. What does Thomas dream about in Chapter 8? How old is Thomas in the dream?
9. How does Teresa appear and behave when Thomas encounters her in Chapter 20?
10. What do the Gladers do when they are approached by a man and woman in the desert in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thomas as the protagonist of The Scorch Trials. What "heroic" qualities does Thomas exhibit in the story? What do you think are Thomas's character flaws? What is Thomas's overall objective in the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Teresa in The Scorch Trials. How has Teresa's character changed in this novel of the series? How does Teresa's character evolve in the course of the narrative? What actions does Teresa take in the story, and what do you think her objectives are based on those actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Gladers' experiences in the Flat Trans in the novel. What creatures do they encounter in this setting? How many of the Gladers are killed in the Flat Trans? Where does the Flat Trans lead the Gladers?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)