|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Thomas in the dream he has at the end of Chapter 8?
2. How far away does Minho believe the town is after the Gladers have come up the staircase in Chapter 17?
3. Who among the Gladers is referred to as "the hairy cook" in Chapter 3?
4. Who is sleeping in the bunk-bed above Thomas in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Who is the first of the Gladers to enter the city building in the end of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man in the desert describe the Cranks in Chapter 18?
2. What do the Gladers discover outside of Teresa's door in Chapter 4? How does Thomas respond?
3. What food does Minho bring to Thomas after days of not eating in Chapter 9? Where is the food from?
4. What do the Gladers do when they are approached by a man and woman in the desert in Chapter 18?
5. How does Thomas describe his encounter with Teresa to the Gladers in Chapter 21?
6. What do the Gladers do after one in their group is killed by a "death ball" in Chapter 15?
7. How is the landscape described when the Gladers exit the underground tunnel in Chapter 17?
8. What are the circumstances of the main characters in Chapter 1? Where are they located and what have they just gone through?
9. What is signified by the alarm in Chapter 7? What do the Gladers discover after the alarm has sounded?
10. What similarities does Aris's story share with the Gladers' in Chapter 6? What does Aris's tattoo reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the dreams that Thomas has throughout The Scorch Trials. How old is Thomas in these dreams? What is revealed to Thomas and the reader regarding Thomas's past through the dreams? How do the dreams relate to WICKED?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thomas as the protagonist of The Scorch Trials. What "heroic" qualities does Thomas exhibit in the story? What do you think are Thomas's character flaws? What is Thomas's overall objective in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Brenda in the novel. Who introduces Brenda to the Gladers of Group A? What are Thomas's first impressions of Brenda? How would you compare Thomas's feelings for Brenda with his feelings for Teresa?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)