|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dark-skinned girl in Group B that Thomas describes in Chapter 46?
2. How old is Thomas in his dream in the beginning of Chapter 47?
3. In his dream in Chapter 47, Thomas tells Teresa, "All that matters now are" what?
(a) "The patterns."
(b) "The murder."
(c) "The Berg."
(d) "The Cranks."
4. About how many feet deep is the cave where Teresa and Group B take Thomas in Chapter 46?
(a) About 40 feet deep.
(b) About 20 feet deep.
(c) About 30 feet deep.
(d) About 100 feet deep.
5. What is the absurd sentence spoken by the Crank that appears in the tunnel in the end of Chapter 31?
(a) "The road to tomorrow is full of yesterday."
(b) "Come here, you little Gladers."
(c) "Rose took my nose, I suppose."
(d) "Come out come out and see the spout."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl with reddish blond hair and pale skin in Group B?
2. Who is the first of the Gladers that Thomas talks to when he awakens in Chapter 25?
3. Who does Jorge say sent him and the other Cranks to the city in Chapter 27?
4. Who is the sick boy that was banished from the Glade in Thomas's memory in Chapter 51?
5. How close are Thomas and the others to the end of their two week trial when Thomas is freed from the room by Teresa in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teresa explain her actions in Chapter 55?
2. What does Teresa tell Thomas about Aris in Chapter 50? Why does this hurt him?
3. How does Brenda describe the circumstances of the Cranks in Chapter 29?
4. How is Thomas's dream described in Chapter 47? How old is Thomas in the dream?
5. How does Thomas go about fighting off his opponents in Chapter 51?
6. How many Gladers have survived the journey to the city in Chapter 25? Whom do they first encounter there?
7. How is Thomas treated once he arrives at Group B's camp in Chapter 46?
8. How does Brenda describe WICKED's role in the Flare in Chapter 35?
9. How are the Cranks described that pursue Brenda and Thomas in Chapter 32? What do Brenda and Thomas do to evade them?
10. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)