|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the plaque on the wall that Thomas discovers at the end of Chapter 35?
(a) "Beware of False Leads."
(b) "Thomas, you're the real leader."
(c) "Teresa, the Betrayer."
(d) "Group B will kill you, Thomas."
2. Who comes to rescue Thomas and Brenda in Chapter 39?
3. What does Brenda throw at the gang of Cranks that she and Thomas encounters in the tunnel in Chapter 32?
(a) A rock.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A can.
4. What weapon is Teresa carrying as the comes toward the Gladers in Chapter 44?
(a) A machine-gun.
(b) A spear.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A dagger.
5. Who is the dark-skinned girl in Group B that Thomas describes in Chapter 46?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the door has shut, trapping Thomas in the chamber in Chapter 52?
2. Who among the Cranks does Brenda think is responsible for the explosion in Chapter 30?
3. How many of the Gladers have been killed in the lightning storm in Chapter 25?
4. What does Teresa order her subordinates to do once Thomas agrees to go with them in Chapter 44?
5. Who are fighting Cranks in the nightmare that awakens Thomas in the beginning of Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thomas's dream described in Chapter 47? How old is Thomas in the dream?
2. What does Brenda make Thomas promise to her in Chapter 30? How does Brenda behave in this chapter?
3. What does Teresa tell Thomas about Aris in Chapter 50? Why does this hurt him?
4. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
5. What does Jorge announce to the Cranks when he and Thomas return from their talk in Chapter 29?
6. What do Harriet and Sonya propose to Thomas when he awakens in Chapter 47? How does he respond?
7. How is Thomas attacked by the Crank in Chapter 33? How is this conflict resolved?
8. What demands does Teresa make when she appears in Chapter 44? Are her demands met?
9. What does Jorge inform the Gladers about when he first appears in Chapter 26?
10. What information does Thomas relate to the members of Group B in Chapter 48? What decision is made regarding Thomas?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)