|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jorge say sent him and the other Cranks to the city in Chapter 27?
(a) The CIA.
2. What did Brenda's father attack the WICKED people with when they came to take Brenda away?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A rolling pin.
(d) A frying pan.
3. In addition to the girl that he doesn't know, who is with Thomas in his dream in the beginning of Chapter 53?
(a) Teresa and Aris.
(b) Newt and Gally.
(c) Brenda and Jorge.
(d) Brenda and Teresa.
4. How long ago does Jorge say he caught the disease of the Cranks in Chapter 27?
(a) 6 months ago.
(b) A few weeks ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
5. How many of the Gladers have been killed in the lightning storm in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the absurd sentence spoken by the Crank that appears in the tunnel in the end of Chapter 31?
2. With whom did Thomas first run through the Maze?
3. Who is the dark-skinned girl in Group B that Thomas describes in Chapter 46?
4. How close are Thomas and the others to the end of their two week trial when Thomas is freed from the room by Teresa in Chapter 54?
5. As Thomas and his friends are making their way toward the safe zone, who suggests that they run in Chapter 56?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jorge inform the Gladers about when he first appears in Chapter 26?
2. How is Thomas's dream described in Chapter 47? How old is Thomas in the dream?
3. How are the Cranks described that pursue Brenda and Thomas in Chapter 32? What do Brenda and Thomas do to evade them?
4. What communication takes place between Teresa and Thomas during their journey in Chapter 45?
5. How is Thomas attacked by the Crank in Chapter 33? How is this conflict resolved?
6. How does Brenda describe WICKED's role in the Flare in Chapter 35?
7. How is Thomas treated once he arrives at Group B's camp in Chapter 46?
8. How does Thomas go about fighting off his opponents in Chapter 51?
9. How many Gladers have survived the journey to the city in Chapter 25? Whom do they first encounter there?
10. How has Thomas been affected by Teresa's actions in Chapter 56?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)