|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first Glader to encounter the stairway and door to the surface in Chapter 15?
2. What creatures from the Maze stung Thomas, Ben, and Alby and caused their memories to flood back to them?
(a) Beetle Blades.
3. The narrator says in Chapter 22, "The more Thomas thought about it, the more he realized that there wasn't much to be happy about. Still two things kept him going." What is the first thing that keeps Thomas going?
(a) A curiosity to see what is in the town.
(b) A need to find Chuck.
(c) A hope that he can find the cure.
(d) A desire to see his mother.
4. How old is Thomas in the dream he has at the end of Chapter 8?
(d) 7 or 8.
5. What word does the old man in the desert repeat when he talks to Thomas in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Thomas describe hearing as the Gladers make their way to the town in the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. What title is tattooed on Newt's neck in Chapter 6?
3. Where did the rescuers take Aris and his group after saving them from the Maze?
4. Who killed Chuck in the Maze?
5. How does Aris describe the Glade when he arrived in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Gladers do when they are approached by a man and woman in the desert in Chapter 18?
2. What awakens Thomas from his sleep in Chapter 2?
3. Whom do the Gladers encounter on their journey in Chapter 23? What does this character reveal?
4. What sights and sounds do the Gladers see and hear as they approach the town in Chapter 19?
5. How is the landscape described when the Gladers exit the underground tunnel in Chapter 17?
6. What do the Gladers do after one in their group is killed by a "death ball" in Chapter 15?
7. How does Aris describe his recent past when he meets the Gladers in Chapter 5?
8. What is signified by the alarm in Chapter 7? What do the Gladers discover after the alarm has sounded?
9. What does Thomas dream about in Chapter 8? How old is Thomas in the dream?
10. What do the Gladers discover outside of Teresa's door in Chapter 4? How does Thomas respond?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)