|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 22, "The more Thomas thought about it, the more he realized that there wasn't much to be happy about. Still two things kept him going." What is the second thing that keeps Thomas going?
(a) The hope for freedom.
(b) The need to find and kill Cranks.
(c) The hope that Teresa is alive and well.
(d) The desire to see his mother.
2. For how many miles are the Gladers to head due north after reaching open air, according to their mission from "Rat Man" in Chapter 11?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
3. Who is the first of the Gladers to see the old man in the desert in Chapter 23?
4. What creatures from the Maze torment Teresa as she tries to sleep in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Gremlins.
(b) The Grievers.
(c) The Newts.
(d) The Beetle Blades.
5. What happened to the Maze walls after Aris's arrival in the Glade?
(a) They exploded.
(b) They sank into the earth.
(c) They stopped shutting at night.
(d) They turned to stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Minho call the Gladers to stop and sleep as they are making their way to the city in Chapter 22?
2. What color is the door that leads to Teresa's room from the common area in Chapter 4?
3. What does Thomas use to smash the door handle to Teresa's room in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the girl that Aris says stabbed his friend in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the first Glader to encounter the stairway and door to the surface in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas describe his encounter with Teresa to the Gladers in Chapter 21?
2. How is the Gladers' journey toward the town described in Chapter 22?
3. What awakens Thomas from his sleep in Chapter 2?
4. What is signified by the alarm in Chapter 7? What do the Gladers discover after the alarm has sounded?
5. What similarities does Aris's story share with the Gladers' in Chapter 6? What does Aris's tattoo reveal?
6. What food does Minho bring to Thomas after days of not eating in Chapter 9? Where is the food from?
7. How does Aris describe his recent past when he meets the Gladers in Chapter 5?
8. How is the landscape described when the Gladers exit the underground tunnel in Chapter 17?
9. What does Thomas dream about in Chapter 8? How old is Thomas in the dream?
10. How is the storm described in Chapter 24? How does the storm impact the Gladers' journey?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)