|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Jorge demand in exchange for helping Thomas in Chapter 27?
2. About how many girls accompany Teresa when she confronts Thomas and the Gladers in Chapter 44?
3. What does Brenda use for light when she and Thomas are going through the underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
(a) A torch.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A candle.
4. Who from Group B does Minho say explained everything about Thomas to him in Chapter 56?
5. What is the disease called that the Cranks have in The Scorch Trials?
(a) The Bubonic Plague.
(b) The Creek.
(c) The Vex.
(d) The Flare.
6. Who is the first of the Gladers that Thomas talks to when he awakens in Chapter 25?
7. What is the absurd sentence spoken by the Crank that appears in the tunnel in the end of Chapter 31?
(a) "The road to tomorrow is full of yesterday."
(b) "Come out come out and see the spout."
(c) "Come here, you little Gladers."
(d) "Rose took my nose, I suppose."
8. Who is the dark-skinned girl in Group B that Thomas describes in Chapter 46?
9. Where do the Cranks force Thomas and Brenda to go with them in Chapter 37?
(a) To a party.
(b) To a train.
(c) To a cemetery.
(d) To a church.
10. Who is Thomas with in his dream in Chapter 35?
(d) His mother.
11. Which of the Gladers gets into a physical fight with Jorge in Chapter 26?
12. What is written on the plaque on the wall that Thomas discovers at the end of Chapter 35?
(a) "Group B will kill you, Thomas."
(b) "Thomas, you're the real leader."
(c) "Beware of False Leads."
(d) "Teresa, the Betrayer."
13. How many of the Gladers have been killed in the lightning storm in Chapter 25?
14. How was Brenda's father killed?
(a) He was shot in the head.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was drowned in the river.
(d) He was hanged.
15. How does Teresa describe the people's attire that appeared in her room the night after they were saved from the Maze in Chapter 54?
(a) Baggy jumpsuits and goggles.
(b) Black suits and black sunglasses.
(c) Hooded sweaters and capes.
(d) Black suits and ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are three of the walls comprised of in the room where Thomas is trapped in Chapter 54?
2. What is the last thing Thomas says in the dream before exiting in Chapter 53?
3. What does Teresa say to Tom when she first opens the door in Chapter 54?
4. How does Thomas kill the Crank in Chapter 34?
5. What theme from the novel consumes Thomas as he passes out in Chapter 52?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)