|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the absurd sentence spoken by the Crank that appears in the tunnel in the end of Chapter 31?
(a) "Come out come out and see the spout."
(b) "The road to tomorrow is full of yesterday."
(c) "Rose took my nose, I suppose."
(d) "Come here, you little Gladers."
2. What did Brenda's father attack the WICKED people with when they came to take Brenda away?
(a) A rolling pin.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A frying pan.
(d) A butcher knife.
3. What color is the door that is shut on Thomas in the room in the beginning of Chapter 52?
4. About how many feet deep is the cave where Teresa and Group B take Thomas in Chapter 46?
(a) About 30 feet deep.
(b) About 100 feet deep.
(c) About 40 feet deep.
(d) About 20 feet deep.
5. Which of the Gladers gets into a physical fight with Jorge in Chapter 26?
6. What is the name that Brenda calls the system of underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
(a) The Subway.
(b) The Metro.
(c) The Tube.
(d) The Underneath.
7. For how long does Teresa say she and Aris have been communicating telepathically in Chapter 54?
(a) Since she was born.
(b) Since she arrived in the Scorch.
(c) Since she was 3 years old.
(d) Since she arrived in the Glade.
8. Where do Thomas and Brenda find a place to sleep for the night in Chapter 34?
(a) An old truck.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A movie theater.
9. How many Gladers have survived through the lightning storm when Thomas counts them in Chapter 25?
10. How long ago does Jorge say he caught the disease of the Cranks in Chapter 27?
(a) 6 months ago.
(b) A few weeks ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
11. How old is Thomas in the dream he has in the beginning of Chapter 53?
12. How are the trees described in the beginning of Chapter 50?
13. Who is the sick boy that was banished from the Glade in Thomas's memory in Chapter 51?
14. What does Brenda use for light when she and Thomas are going through the underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A candle.
(c) A torch.
(d) A flashlight.
15. What color are Teresa's eyes described as in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is Teresa carrying as the comes toward the Gladers in Chapter 44?
2. How many of the Gladers have been killed in the lightning storm in Chapter 25?
3. Who is the first of the Gladers that Thomas talks to when he awakens in Chapter 25?
4. What is the first sound that Thomas hears as he awakens in Chapter 54?
5. In his dream in Chapter 47, Thomas tells Teresa, "All that matters now are" what?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)