|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Teresa say she and Aris have been communicating telepathically in Chapter 54?
(a) Since she was born.
(b) Since she was 3 years old.
(c) Since she arrived in the Scorch.
(d) Since she arrived in the Glade.
2. What is written on the plaque on the wall that Thomas discovers at the end of Chapter 35?
(a) "Teresa, the Betrayer."
(b) "Thomas, you're the real leader."
(c) "Beware of False Leads."
(d) "Group B will kill you, Thomas."
3. About how many Gladers were there originally in Thomas's group, according to his story to Jorge in Chapter 27?
4. Where do Thomas and Brenda find a place to sleep for the night in Chapter 34?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) An old truck.
5. Who is the dark-skinned girl in Group B that Thomas describes in Chapter 46?
6. What does Teresa tell Aris to do before she kisses Thomas in Chapter 55?
(a) To turn around.
(b) To go ahead of them.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To go home.
7. Where does Jorge tell the Cranks he will meet up with them in an hour in Chapter 28?
(a) The Galley.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The Tower.
(d) The Underneath.
8. What is the last thing Thomas says in the dream before exiting in Chapter 53?
(a) "Good luck."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Don't forget me."
(d) "See ya tomorrow."
9. What color are Teresa's eyes described as in the novel?
10. What does Brenda use for light when she and Thomas are going through the underground tunnels in Chapter 30?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A torch.
(d) A candle.
11. Who comes and unties Thomas from the tree after Teresa leaves Group B's camp in Chapter 48?
12. What does Jorge say "a good eyeball" tastes like in Chapter 26?
(a) Vanilla pudding.
(c) Undercooked eggs.
13. How old is Thomas in the dream he has in the beginning of Chapter 53?
14. How do the Cranks say that they arrived in the city in Chapter 38?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a Berg.
(c) In a Flat Trans.
(d) On a bus.
15. What are three of the walls comprised of in the room where Thomas is trapped in Chapter 54?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the absurd sentence spoken by the Crank that appears in the tunnel in the end of Chapter 31?
2. With whom did Thomas first run through the Maze?
3. As Thomas and his friends are making their way toward the safe zone, who suggests that they run in Chapter 56?
4. How close are Thomas and the others to the end of their two week trial when Thomas is freed from the room by Teresa in Chapter 54?
5. How much time does Thomas plead for to talk to Jorge alone in Chapter 26?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)