|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to in Chapter 1 as "that horrible cube of cold metal that had delivered [Thomas] to the Glade and the Maze"?
(b) The Coffin.
(c) The Berg.
(d) The Box.
2. How far away does Minho believe the town is after the Gladers have come up the staircase in Chapter 17?
(a) 100 miles away.
(b) 50 miles away.
(c) 70 miles away.
(d) 30 miles away.
3. What title is tattooed on Newt's neck in Chapter 6?
(a) The Glue.
(b) The Leader.
(c) The Betrayer.
(d) The Partner.
4. Who is attacked by a metal ball in the end of Chapter 15?
5. When did Aris arrive at the Glade in relation to Rachel's arrival?
(a) Aris arrived one day after Rachel's arrival.
(b) Aris arrived one year before Rachel's arrival.
(c) Aris arrived one month before Rachel.
(d) Aris arrived one day before Rachel's arrival.
6. How frequently does Aris say new girls arrived at the Glade when he was there in Chapter 19?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once every two months.
(c) Once every two weeks.
(d) Once a month.
7. Who killed Chuck in the Maze?
8. When does Minho call the Gladers to stop and sleep as they are making their way to the city in Chapter 22?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
9. Who enters the common room first after the Gladers have broken the door handle in Chapter 3?
10. Who is sleeping in the bunk-bed above Thomas in the beginning of Chapter 1?
11. What sound does Thomas describe hearing as the Gladers make their way to the town in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A bird screaming.
(b) A girl screaming.
(c) A frog croaking.
(d) A wolf howling.
12. For how many miles are the Gladers to head due north after reaching open air, according to their mission from "Rat Man" in Chapter 11?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
13. Whom does Thomas recall having been stabbed in the chest before he died in Chapter 1?
14. How old is Thomas in the dream he has at the end of Chapter 8?
(c) 7 or 8.
15. What is the first theory that Aris presents regarding the two groups and tthe Maze experiment in Chapter 19
(a) That WICKED is planning to extinguish both groups.
(b) That WICKED intends to weed the best out of the groups.
(c) That WICKED is planning to breed the groups.
(d) That WICKED intends to free one group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out the people running toward Thomas and the other Gladers in Chapter 17?
2. The narrator says in Chapter 22, "The more Thomas thought about it, the more he realized that there wasn't much to be happy about. Still two things kept him going." What is the first thing that keeps Thomas going?
3. Who is the girl that Aris says stabbed his friend in Chapter 6?
4. What do the Gladers call the alarm that rings in Chapter 7?
5. What phrase is tattooed on Thomas's neck after his name in Chapter 6?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)