|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
2. Lexie points out to Antsy that their outing isn't really a date for what reason?
3. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
5. Who dares the Schwa to sneak into Old Man Crawley's apartment in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
3. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
4. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
5. What happens in the first experiment with Manny Bullpucky in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
6. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
7. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
8. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
9. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
10. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the first date between Antsy and the Schwa. In what ways are they compatible as a couple? How does their relationship develop in the course of the novel? How are the characteristics of both Lexie and Antsy contrasted to those of the Schwa?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)