Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
2. The Schwa shows Antsy a newspaper clipping announcing the birth of whom?
3. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
4. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
5. In what class of Antsy's does the Schwa sit next to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
2. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
4. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
5. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
6. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
7. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
8. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
9. What does Antsy discover when he attempts to locate the Schwa in Chapter 21?
10. What does Lexie demand at the restaurant in Chapter 12? What organization does she tell Antsy about?
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
Describe the Schwa effect in the novel. How literal is the invisibility of the Schwa? Who is able to overcome the Schwa effect? How does the Schwa feel about his effect on those around him?
Describe and analyze the plot structure of The Schwa Was Here. Where does the exposition take place and what is revealed? When does the rising action transition into the climax? What is the outcome in the denouement? How traditional is this plot structure?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)