|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
2. In the novel, the urinal strainer found in most bathrooms is a product of what company?
3. When Antsy and the Schwa are discovered in Old Man Crawley's home, he comes at them brandishing what weapon?
4. Old Man Crawley puts the Schwa in charge of walking his dogs named after __________.
5. The Schwa invites Antsy over for dinner and shows him a clip he got that was supposedly _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of "Radiation Therapy" in the title of Chapter 19?
2. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
3. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
4. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
5. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
6. What information is revealed in the confrontation between Antsy and Old Man Crawley in Chapter 21?
7. What does Lexie demand at the restaurant in Chapter 12? What organization does she tell Antsy about?
8. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
9. In what ways does the Schwa appear to fade from Antsy's life in Chapter 15?
10. What do the boys say of Calvin Schwa when he is first introduced in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the first date between Antsy and the Schwa. In what ways are they compatible as a couple? How does their relationship develop in the course of the novel? How are the characteristics of both Lexie and Antsy contrasted to those of the Schwa?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
This section contains 1,777 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)