|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
2. The Schwa invites Antsy over for dinner and shows him a clip he got that was supposedly _________.
3. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
4. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
5. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
2. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
3. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
5. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
6. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
7. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
8. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
10. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Antsy and the Schwa in the narrative. In what ways does Antsy feel similar to the Schwa? What characteristics define and separate him from the Schwa? How are these similarities and differences represented symbolically in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of Old Man Crawley's character and his relationship with Antsy in the novel. How does Crawley's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end? What precipitates this change in him? In what ways does Crawley express admiration for Antsy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)