|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
2. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
3. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
4. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
5. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
2. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
3. What do the boys say of Calvin Schwa when he is first introduced in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
4. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
5. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
6. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
7. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
8. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
9. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
Essay Topic 2
Define irony and discuss the irony in Chapter 18. What is ironic about the Schwa's billboard? What did the Schwa hope to achieve with renting the space? Why does this attempt fail? How does this represent a fundamental flaw in the Schwa's approach to life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the symbolism and meaning of the Schwa's paperclip collection. From where are the paperclips gathered? When did the Schwa begin collecting paperclips? What do the paperclips represent to Antsy?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)