|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
2. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
3. The Schwa attempts to appeal to Antsy on grounds of their friendship to let him ______________.
4. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
5. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
2. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
3. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
4. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
6. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
7. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
8. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
9. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
10. What offer does the Schwa make Antsy in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Antsy and the Schwa in the narrative. In what ways does Antsy feel similar to the Schwa? What characteristics define and separate him from the Schwa? How are these similarities and differences represented symbolically in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Schwa effect in the novel. How literal is the invisibility of the Schwa? Who is able to overcome the Schwa effect? How does the Schwa feel about his effect on those around him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)