|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
3. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
4. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
5. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
2. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
3. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
4. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
6. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
7. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
8. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
9. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
10. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the development of Old Man Crawley's character and his relationship with Antsy in the novel. How does Crawley's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end? What precipitates this change in him? In what ways does Crawley express admiration for Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the relationship between Lexie's blindness and the Schwa's invisibility. In what ways does Lexie treat the Schwa differently than the other characters? Why? What does Lexie represent symbolically to the Schwa? What does she represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the narrative voice of the novel. In what person is the narrative related? In what tense? From whose perspective does the reader learn the events which take place? Who is the protagonist and is the protagonist the same person as the narrator? Why or why not?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)