|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
2. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
3. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
4. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
5. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
2. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
3. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
4. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
5. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
6. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
7. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
8. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
10. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss "trauma therapy" in the novel. What does Antsy relate trauma therapy to in the medical world? What experiments do Antsy and his friends conduct to test trauma therapy? What results do they find?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Antsy's parents. What is at the root of their constant bickering? What causes their climactic argument in Chapter 10? How does Antsy feel about each of his parents?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)