|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
2. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
3. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
4. Who films the throwing of the dummy off the bridge with his video camera?
5. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
2. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
3. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
4. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
5. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
6. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
7. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
8. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
9. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
10. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Schwa effect in the novel. How literal is the invisibility of the Schwa? Who is able to overcome the Schwa effect? How does the Schwa feel about his effect on those around him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the symbolism and metaphor regarding Old Man Crawley's dogs. Why did Crawley choose to name the dogs after the seven sins and seven virtues? What do the dogs represent to Crawley and to others in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)