|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
2. Old Man Crawley owns what kind of business?
3. What breaks off the dummy when Antsy and his friends throw it off a bridge in their first experiment?
4. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
5. Antsy takes Lexie to what kind of concert in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
2. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
3. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
4. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
5. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
6. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
7. What offer does the Schwa make Antsy in Chapter 9?
8. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
9. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
10. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss "trauma therapy" in the novel. What does Antsy relate trauma therapy to in the medical world? What experiments do Antsy and his friends conduct to test trauma therapy? What results do they find?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the first date between Antsy and the Schwa. In what ways are they compatible as a couple? How does their relationship develop in the course of the novel? How are the characteristics of both Lexie and Antsy contrasted to those of the Schwa?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)