|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
2. Lexie can tell when the Schwa is present more than others in the novel for what reason?
3. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
4. What is an idea that Antsy, Lexie, and the Schwa come up with when they are discussing how to change Crawley's attitudes and behavior?
5. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
2. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
3. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
4. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
6. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
7. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
8. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
9. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
10. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss the narrative voice of the novel. In what person is the narrative related? In what tense? From whose perspective does the reader learn the events which take place? Who is the protagonist and is the protagonist the same person as the narrator? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)