|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
(a) The sorority house.
(b) The girls' locker room.
(c) The principal's office.
(d) Their parents' closets.
2. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Scratching his car.
(b) Coloring easter eggs.
(c) Baking cakes.
(d) Egging his apartment.
3. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to do in the boys' bathroom?
(a) Sing a patriotic song.
(b) Perform the President's speech.
(c) Perform a rap duet.
4. What is the Schwa dared to bring back from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 4?
(a) A mixing bowl.
(b) A dog bowl.
(c) A soup bowl.
(d) A dagger.
5. Where does Antsy's family live?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Burlington, Vermont.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
2. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
3. The Schwa offers to give a prized clip to Antsy if he will give _________ in return.
4. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
5. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
3. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
4. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
5. How is Manny Bullpucky a metaphorical representation of the Schwa?
6. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
7. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
8. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
9. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)