|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Old Man Crawley owns what kind of business?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) A bread bakery.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bank.
2. What is the Schwa's first name?
3. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
(c) The Schwa's.
4. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Virtually invisible.
(b) Ironically invisible.
(c) Functionally invisible.
(d) Effectively invisible.
5. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Schwa offers to give a prized clip to Antsy if he will give _________ in return.
2. When Antsy and the Schwa are discovered in Old Man Crawley's home, he comes at them brandishing what weapon?
3. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to wear in the boys' bathroom?
4. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
5. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
2. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
3. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
4. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
5. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
6. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
7. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
8. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
9. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
10. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)