|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(d) The Schwa.
2. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
(b) Wendell Tiggor.
3. Ira has ambitions to become a _________ when he grows up.
4. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
5. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
(a) Car tire.
(c) Coffee filter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
2. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
3. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
4. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
5. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys say of Calvin Schwa when he is first introduced in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
2. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
3. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
4. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
5. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
6. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
7. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
8. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
9. What offer does the Schwa make Antsy in Chapter 9?
10. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)