|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
(b) Coffee filter.
(d) Car tire.
2. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Play a basketball game.
(b) Leave the room without being noticed.
(c) Appear from thin air.
(d) Walk behind the techer.
3. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Pours it down the drain.
(b) Dumps it on the floor.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Feeds it to the dog.
4. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
(a) The Schwa.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's mother.
(d) Antsy's father.
5. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
2. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
3. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
4. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
5. Old Man Crawley tells Antsy and the Schwa that they will have to work off their debt for breaking into his house by doing what chore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
2. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
3. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
4. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
5. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
6. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
7. What offer does the Schwa make Antsy in Chapter 9?
8. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
9. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
10. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)