|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
(a) The principal's office.
(b) Their parents' closets.
(c) The sorority house.
(d) The girls' locker room.
2. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(b) A pane of glass.
(c) The surface of the moon.
(d) Waves on the ocean.
3. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
(a) Wendell Tiggor.
4. The Schwa attempts to appeal to Antsy on grounds of their friendship to let him ______________.
(a) Walk none of the dogs.
(b) Hang out with Lexie alone.
(c) Walk all of the dogs himself.
(d) Not play video games.
5. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
(c) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lexie tells Antsy and the Schwa that she wants to change whom?
2. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
3. The Schwa shows Antsy a newspaper clipping announcing the birth of whom?
4. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
5. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
2. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
3. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
4. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
5. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
6. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
7. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
8. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
9. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)