|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to wear in the boys' bathroom?
(a) An orange sombrero.
(b) High heels.
(c) A bikini.
(d) A ski mask.
2. Who in the novel is mentally handicapped due to brain trauma?
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(b) The Schwa's father.
(d) The Schwa's Mother.
3. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(a) Plot structure.
5. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
2. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
4. Lexie tells Antsy and the Schwa that she wants to change whom?
5. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys say of Calvin Schwa when he is first introduced in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
2. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
3. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
5. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
6. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
7. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
8. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
9. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
10. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)