|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antsy is in charge of walking Old Man Crawley's dogs that are named after __________.
(b) The seven deadly sins.
(c) The seven virtues.
(d) Flowering plants.
2. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Feeds it to the dog.
(b) Dumps it on the floor.
(c) Pours it down the drain.
(d) Throws it out the window.
3. Antsy takes Lexie to what kind of concert in Chapter 9?
(a) Salsa concert.
(b) Rap concert.
(c) Gospel concert.
(d) Rock concert.
4. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(c) The Schwa's father.
5. Who dares the Schwa to sneak into Old Man Crawley's apartment in Chapter 4?
(d) Wendell Tiggor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
2. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
3. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
4. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
5. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
2. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
3. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
4. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
5. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
6. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
7. What happens in the first experiment with Manny Bullpucky in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
8. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
9. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
10. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)