|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The Alexander Hamilton Bridge.
(c) The Empire Bridge.
(d) The Marine Park Bridge.
2. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) A pane of glass.
(b) The surface of the moon.
(c) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(d) Waves on the ocean.
3. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
(c) Wendell Tiggor.
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(a) Plot structure.
5. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(a) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antsy's real name in the novel?
2. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
3. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
4. What is the Schwa dared to bring back from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 4?
5. Which one of the seven capital sins is defined as spiritual or emotional apathy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
2. What happens in the first experiment with Manny Bullpucky in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
3. Where in school does Antsy encounter the Schwa in Chapter 3?
4. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
5. What does Wendell Tiggor dare the Schwa to do in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
7. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
8. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
9. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
10. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)