|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Old Man Crawley named his dogs after?
(a) Gems and minerals.
(c) The seven sins and seven virtues.
(d) Trees and flowers.
2. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
(a) Academy for the Gifted.
(b) Academy for the Rich.
(c) Academy for the Deaf.
(d) Academy for the Blind.
3. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
4. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
5. Where does Antsy's family live?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Burlington, Vermont.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
2. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
3. Lexie points out to Antsy that their outing isn't really a date for what reason?
4. What is an idea that Antsy, Lexie, and the Schwa come up with when they are discussing how to change Crawley's attitudes and behavior?
5. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
2. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
3. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
4. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
5. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
6. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
7. What leads up to the Schwa's outburst in Chapter 7?
8. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
9. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
10. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)