|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
(a) Sneak into Old Man Crawley's house.
(b) Pass through airport security with a gun.
(c) Pass through airport security with an iron bar in his pocket.
(d) Break into a local bank.
2. Who films the throwing of the dummy off the bridge with his video camera?
(d) The Schwa.
3. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
(a) The Schwa.
(c) Wendell Tiggor.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
4. Antsy is in charge of walking Old Man Crawley's dogs that are named after __________.
(a) The seven deadly sins.
(b) Flowering plants.
(d) The seven virtues.
5. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to do in the boys' bathroom?
2. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
3. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
4. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
5. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
2. How is Antsy's introduction to Lexie described in Chapter 8?
3. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
4. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
5. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
6. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
7. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
8. Why does Lexie believe her grandfather needs a change?
9. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
10. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)