|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what class of Antsy's does the Schwa sit next to him?
2. What is the Schwa's first name?
3. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
(a) Coffee filter.
(b) Car tire.
4. Lexie can tell when the Schwa is present more than others in the novel for what reason?
(a) She hears him breathing.
(b) His watch ticks very loudly.
(c) He holds her hand.
(d) She hears his heartbeat.
5. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) A letter from Hitler.
(c) The United States Constitution.
(d) The Nuclear Arms Treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy takes Lexie to what kind of concert in Chapter 9?
2. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
3. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Antsy's family live?
5. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
2. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
3. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
4. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
5. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
6. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
7. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
8. What causes Antsy to leave with the Schwa in Chapter 7?
9. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
10. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)