|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's father.
(b) Antsy's mother.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) The Schwa.
2. Where did the Schwa's mother disappear from when the Schwa was young?
(a) A farmer's market.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A grocery store.
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(b) Plot structure.
4. Which of the seven deadly sins is defined as an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self?
5. Who throws the dummy off the bridge in the boys' first experiment?
(c) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
2. What is an idea that Antsy, Lexie, and the Schwa come up with when they are discussing how to change Crawley's attitudes and behavior?
3. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
4. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
5. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the concept of "trauma therapy" introduced?
2. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
3. In what ways does the Schwa appear to fade from Antsy's life in Chapter 15?
4. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
5. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
6. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
7. What prized collection does the Schwa show Antsy?
8. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
9. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
10. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)