|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
2. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
(a) Put it in a garbage disposal.
(b) Try to saw it in half.
(c) Wrap it in firecrackers.
(d) Set fire to it.
3. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Orville Ox.
(b) Manny Bullpucky.
(c) Diamond Dave.
(d) Stanley Stump.
4. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
5. Old Man Crawley owns what kind of business?
(a) A bank.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A bread bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
2. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
3. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
5. What has Old Man Crawley named his dogs after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
3. How does Old Man Crawley end up apprehending Antsy and the Schwa?
4. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
5. What is revealed about the Schwa's last name in Chapter 2?
6. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
7. How is Manny Bullpucky a metaphorical representation of the Schwa?
8. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
9. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
10. What does Antsy remark about the Schwa's letter in Chapter 22?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)