|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests experimenting with the Schwa in order to quantify the Schwa effect in Chapter 3?
(b) The Schwa.
2. Whom does Old Man Crawley hire to be Lexie's companion in Chapter 7?
(c) The Schwa.
3. What does the Schwa collect?
(c) Baseball cards.
4. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
(b) The Schwa's.
5. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
(a) Blind spot.
(b) Danger quadrant.
(c) Suspicion area.
(d) Triangle of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to do in the boys' bathroom?
2. What is the Schwa's first name?
3. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
4. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
5. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Antsy recognize about his life after his parents' dispute in Chapter 10?
2. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
3. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Antsy take Lexie in Chapter 9?
5. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
6. What offer does the Schwa make Antsy in Chapter 9?
7. What do Antsy and his friends decide to test in an experiment?
8. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
9. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the narrative voice of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told? How is this character described?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)