|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) Waves on the ocean.
(b) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(c) The surface of the moon.
(d) A pane of glass.
2. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Scratching his car.
(b) Baking cakes.
(c) Coloring easter eggs.
(d) Egging his apartment.
3. What has Old Man Crawley named his dogs after?
(b) Gems and minerals.
(c) Trees and flowers.
(d) The seven sins and seven virtues.
4. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(c) The Schwa.
5. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Pours it down the drain.
(b) Feeds it to the dog.
(c) Dumps it on the floor.
(d) Throws it out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antsy's real name in the novel?
2. Who films the throwing of the dummy off the bridge with his video camera?
3. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
4. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
5. How many dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
2. What do the boys say of Calvin Schwa when he is first introduced in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
3. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
4. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
5. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
6. What is the third experiment Antsy and his friends attempt in Chapter 3?
7. What happens when the police arrive in Chapter 6?
8. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
9. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
10. What are the first two experiments conducted on the Schwa effect?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)