|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(b) Wendell Tiggor.
(d) The Schwa.
2. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
(c) The Schwa's father.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
4. Antsy and his friends determine that how many students notice the Schwa in a classroom?
(a) 1 in 5.
(b) 9 in 10.
(c) 3 in 5.
(d) 4 in 5.
5. Who throws the dummy off the bridge in the boys' first experiment?
(d) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week do a bunch of kids gather outside Crawley's apartment to watch the Schwa's dare in Chapter 5?
2. Who suggests experimenting with the Schwa in order to quantify the Schwa effect in Chapter 3?
3. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
4. Lexie can tell when the Schwa is present more than others in the novel for what reason?
5. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antsy believe Old Man Crawley's threats?
2. In what ways does Antsy relate to the Schwa in the novel? How does he feel about his own invisibility?
3. What does Antsy find at the Schwa's home when he goes to dinner with him in Chapter 6?
4. What takes place as the Schwa begins to act out his dare in Chapter 5?
5. What is revealed about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 2?
6. What new job does Crawley give to Antsy in Chapter 7?
7. What is the introduction between Lexie and the Schwa like in Chapter 8?
8. What does Antsy do that escalates the fight between his parents in Chapter 10?
9. In what ways does Antsy's actions show that he is beginning to grow up in Chapter 7?
10. What is Manny Bullpucky? Why are the boys testing it in Chapter 1, "Manny Bullpucky Gets His Sorry Butt Hurled off the Marine Park Bridge"?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)