|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
2. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
3. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
4. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
5. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)