|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
2. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
3. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
4. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
2. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
3. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
4. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
6. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
7. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
9. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
10. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 2
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)