|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
2. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
4. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
5. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
2. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
3. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
4. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
5. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
6. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
7. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
8. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
9. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
10. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)