|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
2. Where is the Blakeney estate?
3. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
4. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
5. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
2. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
3. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
4. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
5. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
6. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
7. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
8. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
9. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
10. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme of this book that and is important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)