|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
2. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
3. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
4. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
5. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
3. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
4. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
5. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
6. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
7. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
8. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
9. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
10. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)