|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Chat Gris?
2. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
4. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
5. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
2. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
3. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
4. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
5. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
6. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
7. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
8. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
9. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
10. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)