|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
2. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
3. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
4. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
5. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
3. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
4. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
5. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
6. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
7. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
8. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
9. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
10. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)