|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
2. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
3. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
4. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
5. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
2. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
3. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
4. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
5. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
6. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
7. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
8. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
9. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
10. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)