|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
2. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
3. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
4. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
5. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
2. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
3. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
4. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
5. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
6. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
7. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
8. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
9. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
10. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
Essay Topic 2
How does Lord Blakeney mask his role as the Scarlet Pimpernel, and what affect does this have on his social standing?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)