|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
2. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
3. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
4. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
5. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
2. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
3. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
5. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
6. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
7. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
8. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
9. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
10. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)