|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
2. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
3. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
4. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
5. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
2. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
3. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
4. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
5. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
6. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
7. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
8. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
9. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
10. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lord Blakeney mask his role as the Scarlet Pimpernel, and what affect does this have on his social standing?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)