|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
2. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
3. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
4. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
5. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
Essay Topic 1
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)