|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
2. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
3. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
4. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
5. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lord Blakeney mask his role as the Scarlet Pimpernel, and what affect does this have on his social standing?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)