|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
2. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
3. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
4. What is the Chat Gris?
5. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
2. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
4. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
5. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
6. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
7. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
8. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
9. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
10. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)