|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
3. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
4. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
5. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Jellyband was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Jellyband had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)