|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
2. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
3. What is the Chat Gris?
4. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
5. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
2. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
3. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
4. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
5. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
6. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
7. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
9. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
10. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)