Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
2. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
3. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
4. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
Essay Topic 1
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)