|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
2. Where is Chauvelin from?
3. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
4. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
5. What does Chauvelin do when he sees Antony and Andrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
3. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
4. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
5. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
6. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
7. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
8. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
9. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
10. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)