|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
2. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
3. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
4. Where is Chauvelin from?
5. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
2. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
3. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
4. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
5. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
6. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
7. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
9. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time period of this book differ from our own time period. Why is this book placed in this time setting rather than a more modern one?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)