|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
2. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
3. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
4. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
5. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
2. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
3. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
4. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
5. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
6. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
7. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
8. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
9. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)