|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
2. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
3. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
4. How many people does the Scarlet Pimpernel smuggle out when he tricks the favorite guard?
5. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
2. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
3. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
4. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
5. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
6. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
7. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
8. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
9. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
10. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)