Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
2. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
3. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
4. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
6. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
7. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
8. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
9. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
10. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
How does the time period of this book differ from our own time period. Why is this book placed in this time setting rather than a more modern one?
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)