|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
3. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
2. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
3. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
4. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
6. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
7. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
8. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
9. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
10. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does the time period of this book differ from our own time period. Why is this book placed in this time setting rather than a more modern one?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)