|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
2. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
3. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
4. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
5. What is Antony's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
2. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
3. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
4. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
5. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
6. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
7. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
8. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
9. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
10. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)