|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
3. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
4. What is Tinville's occupation?
5. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
2. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
3. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
4. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
5. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
6. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
7. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
8. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
10. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)