|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin do when he sees Antony and Andrew?
2. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
3. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
4. What is Andrew's title?
5. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
2. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
3. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
5. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
6. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
7. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
8. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
9. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
10. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time period of this book differ from our own time period. Why is this book placed in this time setting rather than a more modern one?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)