|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
3. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
2. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
3. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
4. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
5. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
6. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
7. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
8. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
9. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)