|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
2. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
3. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
2. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
3. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
4. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
5. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
6. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
7. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
9. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
10. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)