|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's title?
2. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
3. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
4. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
5. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
2. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
3. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
5. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
6. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
7. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
8. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
9. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
10. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How was blackmail used in this plot, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Jellyband was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Jellyband had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)