|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
2. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
3. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
4. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
5. Where is the Scarlet Pimpernel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
2. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
4. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
5. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
6. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
7. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
8. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
9. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of assumptions did people make about Marguerite and why? How did these assumptions affect Marguerite and her standing in society?
Essay Topic 3
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)