|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
2. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
3. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
4. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
5. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
2. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
3. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
4. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
6. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
7. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
9. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
10. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the time period of this book differ from our own time period. Why is this book placed in this time setting rather than a more modern one?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)