|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
2. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
4. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
5. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
3. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
4. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
5. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
6. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
7. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
8. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
9. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
10. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)