|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
2. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
3. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
4. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
5. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
2. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
3. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
4. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
5. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
6. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
7. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
9. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
10. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)