|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
2. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
3. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
4. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
5. What is Andrew's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
2. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
3. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
4. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
5. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
6. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
7. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
8. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
9. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
The Scarlet Pimpernel used many ingenious plots and plans to protect and evacuate the aristocrats in France. Describe some of these and what those plans revealed about the Scarlet Pimpernel and his character.
Essay Topic 3
Valor is a theme of this book that and is important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)