|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is causing the revolution in France?
2. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
3. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
4. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
5. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
2. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
3. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
4. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
5. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
6. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
7. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
8. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
9. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
10. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Marguerite's discovery of the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, and how does this affect her life for both good and bad.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)