|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
2. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
3. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
4. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
5. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
2. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
3. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
5. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
6. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
7. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
8. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
9. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Baroness Orczy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)