|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
2. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
5. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
3. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
4. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
5. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
6. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
7. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
8. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
9. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
10. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)