|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
2. Where is Chauvelin from?
3. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
4. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
5. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
2. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
3. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
4. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
5. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
6. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
7. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
8. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
9. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
10. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Jellyband was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Jellyband had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)