Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
2. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
3. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
4. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
6. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
7. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
8. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
9. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
10. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
Essay Topic 1
How does Lord Blakeney mask his role as the Scarlet Pimpernel, and what affect does this have on his social standing?
Essay Topic 2
Marguerite endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)