|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
2. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) All of these.
(b) It will avoid tension with England.
(c) It will bring him more honor.
(d) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
3. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A ticket.
(d) Some flowers.
4. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(b) The Country.
5. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
2. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
3. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
4. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
5. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
4. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
5. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
6. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
7. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
8. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
9. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
10. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)