|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Blakeney estate?
2. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A train station.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
3. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For being too loud.
(b) For being too slow.
(c) For taking them to the wrong place.
(d) For not stopping Blakeney.
4. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In an inn.
5. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
(a) The Chamber Minister.
(b) A servant.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
2. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
3. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
4. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
5. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
2. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
3. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
4. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
5. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
6. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
7. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
8. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
9. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
10. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)