|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(d) A large feast.
2. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) All of these.
(b) It will avoid tension with England.
(c) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(d) It will bring him more honor.
3. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The loft.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The attic.
4. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
5. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
(b) All of these.
(c) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
(d) She wants to see what will happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
3. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
4. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
5. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
2. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
3. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
5. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
6. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
7. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
8. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
9. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
10. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)