|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To escape the law.
(b) To attend a trial.
(c) To save a fugitive.
(d) To have an affair.
2. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Orders a dinner made.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Goes to bed.
3. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(b) For a signal from him.
(c) For Blakeney to arrive.
(d) For the fugitives to show themselves.
4. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
5. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(b) Countess de Tournay.
(c) Vicomte de Tournay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
2. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
3. Where is the Blakeney estate?
4. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
5. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
2. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
3. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
4. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
5. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
6. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
7. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
8. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
9. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
10. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)