|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(d) The Country.
2. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(a) A cigar.
(c) Some snuff.
(d) Tobacco chew.
3. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
(a) The words, "The Scarlet Pimpernel."
(b) A flower wrapped around a fleur de lis.
(c) A skull and crossbones.
(d) A picture of a flower.
4. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
(a) The attic.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The loft.
(d) The dining room.
5. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
(a) A table cloth.
(b) A dressing screen.
(c) A dirty sheet.
(d) A bed spread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
2. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
3. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
4. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
5. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
3. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
4. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
5. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
6. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
7. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
8. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
9. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
10. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)