|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She wants to see what will happen.
(b) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
(c) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
(a) The spy who was captured.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her relationship.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
3. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(b) She goes on horseback.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She rents a carriage of her own.
4. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
(a) The loft.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The attic.
5. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(b) A cigar.
(c) Tobacco chew.
(d) Some snuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
2. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
3. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
4. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
2. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
3. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
4. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
5. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
6. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
7. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
8. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
9. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
10. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)