|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
(a) He is sure the Marquis is laughing in his grave.
(b) He will kill her brother if she screams.
(c) He is grateful to her for giving them the answers.
(d) He could not have done any of this without her.
2. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
3. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
4. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(c) A large feast.
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His love.
(b) His morals.
(c) His patience.
(d) His intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
2. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
3. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
4. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
5. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
2. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
3. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
4. What do the Blakeneys do when they return to England at the end of the book?
5. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
6. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
7. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
8. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
9. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
10. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)