|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) An inn.
(b) A pub.
(c) A train station.
(d) A restaurant.
2. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The Jewish Man.
3. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(b) When he passes out his picture.
(c) When she hears his plan of attack.
(d) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
4. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her truthfulness.
(d) Her bravery.
5. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A barge.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A frigate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
2. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
3. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
4. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
5. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
2. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
3. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
4. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
5. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
6. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
7. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
8. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
9. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
10. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)