|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(b) A server.
(d) A Cabinet Minister.
2. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
(a) The outgoing port is blocked.
(b) The yacht is damaged.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) The regulations have changed.
3. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(b) A sleeping draught.
(c) A stick of mild dynamite.
(d) Black pepper.
4. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
5. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A train station.
(b) An inn.
(c) A pub.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
3. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
4. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
5. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
2. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
3. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
4. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
5. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
6. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
7. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
8. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
9. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
10. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)