|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lord Antony.
2. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
(a) The library.
(b) Lord Blakeney's study.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The attic.
3. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An inn.
(c) A train station.
(d) A pub.
4. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To free the Viscomte.
(b) To visit some relatives.
(c) To save Armand.
(d) To get away from her.
5. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(b) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
2. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
3. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
4. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
5. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
2. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
3. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
4. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
5. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
6. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
7. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
8. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
9. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
10. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)