|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(a) Skips and twirls.
(c) Shoots a gun.
2. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
(a) Gold pieces.
(c) A fine meal.
(d) Passage to England.
3. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She rents a carriage of her own.
(b) She goes on foot.
(c) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(d) She goes on horseback.
4. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
5. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he was in the supper room.
(b) Where he is going the next day.
(c) Why he stopped loving her.
(d) If he still loves her at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
2. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
4. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
5. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
2. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
3. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
4. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
5. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
6. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
7. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
8. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
9. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
10. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)