|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) Armand is in trouble.
(b) She is being black mailed.
(c) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(d) Chauvelin lied to her.
2. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
(a) Orders a dinner made.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Goes for a walk.
3. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A fluer de lis.
(b) An owl.
(c) A scarlet pimpernel.
(d) A celtic knot.
4. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(b) When she hears his plan of attack.
(c) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(d) When he passes out his picture.
5. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To get away from her.
(b) To free the Viscomte.
(c) To save Armand.
(d) To visit some relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
2. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
3. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
4. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
5. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
2. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
3. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
4. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
5. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
6. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
7. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
8. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
9. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
10. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)