|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(b) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(c) For a signal from him.
(d) For Blakeney to arrive.
3. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
4. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The Jewish Man.
5. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) A steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
2. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
3. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
4. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
5. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
2. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
3. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
4. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
5. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
6. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
7. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
9. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
10. How did Blakeney trick Chauvelin at the end of the book?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)