|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The private office.
(b) The garden.
(c) A carriage.
(d) Her bedroom.
2. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For Blakeney to arrive.
(b) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(c) For a signal from him.
(d) For the back-up officers to arrive.
3. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
4. Where is the Blakeney estate?
5. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Offer him more money.
(b) Bind and gag him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Withhold his promised payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
2. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
3. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
4. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
5. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
2. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
3. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
4. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
6. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
7. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
8. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
9. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
10. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)