|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
2. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
3. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(d) The Country.
4. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(b) The servant.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
5. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(b) She rents a carriage of her own.
(c) She goes on horseback.
(d) She goes on foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
2. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
3. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
4. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
2. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
3. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
4. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
5. Why is Marguerite unable to sail for France when she had hoped?
6. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
7. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
9. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
10. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)