|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For being too slow.
(b) For taking them to the wrong place.
(c) For not stopping Blakeney.
(d) For being too loud.
2. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(b) A servant.
3. How does Lord Blakeney tell Margeurite he is leaving after he talks with her?
(a) He sends a telegram after leaving.
(b) He sends a note.
(c) He has a servant tell her.
(d) He tells her.
4. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
(a) Small and smelly.
(b) Quaint and unfamiliar.
(c) Strange and foriegn.
(d) Dirty and unpleasant.
5. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(b) Andrew's letter.
(c) She made it up.
(d) Word from her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
2. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
3. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
4. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
5. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
2. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
3. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
4. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
5. What does Marguerite ask her husband when she is in her garden after the ball?
6. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
7. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
9. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
10. What do Jellyband and his daughter think Marguerite is up to when she is planning her trip to France with Andrew?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)