|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) Vicomte de Tournay.
(c) Countess de Tournay.
2. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(a) A servant.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
3. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
(a) 12:00 am.
(b) 2:00 am.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 11:00 pm.
4. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her truthfulness.
(d) Her bravery.
5. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
3. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
4. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
5. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
2. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
3. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
4. What does Chauvelin command his soldiers when they get to the cabin?
5. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
6. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
7. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
8. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
9. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
10. Why does Marguerite follow Chauvelin to where he thinks her husband will be?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)