|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(a) Skips and twirls.
(b) Shoots a gun.
2. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
(a) His secretary.
(b) A local police chief.
(c) The innkeeper.
3. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
4. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
(a) Lord Blakeney's study.
(b) The library.
(c) The attic.
(d) The pantry.
5. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(a) The Country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
3. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
4. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
5. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
2. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
3. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. Why did the soldiers not stop Armand and the fugitives when they boarded the boat and left?
5. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
6. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
7. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
8. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
9. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
10. How does Marguerite feel after giving information to Chauvelin at the ball?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)