|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
(a) The attic.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The loft.
(d) The bedroom.
2. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To escape the law.
(b) To attend a trial.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To save a fugitive.
3. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
4. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 2:00 am.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 12:00 am.
5. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
2. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
3. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
4. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
5. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
2. What relieves the tension Marguerite was feeling when she arrives in France?
3. What does Marguerite receive from Chauvelin after she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. What does Chauvelin ask of the Jewish man in Calais?
5. What does Suzanne talk about when she comes to see Marguerite the day after the ball?
6. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
7. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
8. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
9. What does Marguerite confide in her husband in the garden after the ball?
10. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)