|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
2. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
3. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Hides her face.
(c) Leaves in a hurry.
(d) Begins to weep.
4. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
5. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
2. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
4. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
5. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
4. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
5. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
6. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
7. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
8. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
9. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)