|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) The political turmoil.
(b) His sickly nature.
(c) His admiration of Blakeny.
(d) His past reputation.
2. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
(a) The King.
(b) The Repulic chief.
(c) Some friends.
(d) The police.
3. What is Tinville's occupation?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) Leader of the Committe of Public Safety.
(c) Public Executioner.
(d) Tax Collector and Revenue Reporter.
4. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her reputation.
(b) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) She wants to protect her brother.
(d) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
5. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
2. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
3. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
4. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
5. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
2. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
3. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
4. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
5. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
6. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
7. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
8. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
9. What did Margeurite do when the Marquis de St. Cyr was on trial?
10. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)