|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ship.
(d) A creed.
2. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) A seaside resort.
(d) Her home.
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A seal.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note.
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A horse.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
2. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
3. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
4. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
5. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
3. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
4. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
6. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
7. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
8. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
9. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
10. What does Chauvelin say when he hears his secretary did not see Blakeny run out of the inn?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)