|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jollyman.
(b) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(c) Mr. Jallywag.
(d) Mr. Jellyband.
2. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
3. What does Chauvelin do when he sees Antony and Andrew?
(a) Asks for their help.
(b) Ties them up.
(c) Burns their letter.
(d) Offers to help them.
4. What is Antony's title?
5. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) Her house.
(b) The opera.
(c) The market.
(d) The docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
2. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
3. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
4. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
2. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
3. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
4. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
5. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
6. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
7. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
9. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
10. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)