|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A flower.
(b) A small dagger.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A note.
2. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
3. What is Tinville's occupation?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) Tax Collector and Revenue Reporter.
(c) Leader of the Committe of Public Safety.
(d) Public Executioner.
4. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) A seaside resort.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) Her home.
(d) The Fisherman's Rest.
5. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
2. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
3. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
4. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
5. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
2. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
3. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
5. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
6. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
7. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
8. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
9. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
10. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)