|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His past reputation.
(b) His sickly nature.
(c) His admiration of Blakeny.
(d) The political turmoil.
2. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They bribed a guard.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
(c) They turned in another family.
(d) They used a hidden society.
3. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) The court house.
(b) Lord Grenville's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) Lady Blakeney's house.
4. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
(b) The Republic.
(c) The English.
(d) The Aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
2. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
3. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
5. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
2. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
3. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
4. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
5. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
6. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
7. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
8. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
9. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
10. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)