|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) An opera.
(b) A ball.
(c) A trial.
(d) A play.
2. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Save the aristocrats.
(b) Join in the executions.
(c) Free the royalty.
(d) Unite the Republic.
3. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
4. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jollyman.
(b) Mr. Jallywag.
(c) Mr. Jellyband.
(d) Mr. Jollbrooke.
5. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are executed.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They are banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
2. What is Tinville's occupation?
3. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
3. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
4. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
5. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
6. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
7. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
8. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
9. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
10. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)