|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The docks.
(b) Her house.
(c) The market.
(d) The opera.
2. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) Her home.
3. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Buys drinks for everyone.
(b) Demands attention.
(c) Makes a joke.
(d) Sings a song.
4. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She refrains from giving an answer.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She is bullied into accepting.
5. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(c) The Scarlet Pimernel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tinville's occupation?
2. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
3. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
4. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
2. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
3. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
4. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
5. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
6. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
7. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
9. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
10. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)