|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They were exiled from France.
(b) They died.
(c) They left her.
(d) They were in prison.
2. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Join in the executions.
(b) Unite the Republic.
(c) Free the royalty.
(d) Save the aristocrats.
4. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She is bullied into accepting.
(b) She refrains from giving an answer.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She accepts.
5. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
2. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
4. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
5. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
2. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
3. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
4. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
5. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
6. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
7. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
8. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
9. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
10. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)