|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Gives her a note.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Squeezes her hand.
2. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The opera.
(b) The market.
(c) Her house.
(d) The docks.
3. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) The court house.
(b) Lady Blakeney's house.
(c) Lord Grenville's house.
(d) The town square.
4. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) Blakeney's ballroom.
(b) The coffee room.
(c) The seaside cabin.
(d) The yacht.
5. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
2. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
3. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
4. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
5. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
2. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
3. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
4. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
5. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
6. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
7. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
8. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
9. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
10. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)