|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Antony and Andrew working for?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Lady Blakeney.
2. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A knife.
(b) A note.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seal.
3. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
(a) A foolish bloke.
(b) A man of many colors.
(c) A handsome charmer.
(d) All of these.
4. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) She helped her escape.
(b) They travelled together.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) She was engaged to her brother.
5. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A flower.
(b) A creed.
(c) A ship.
(d) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
2. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
3. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
4. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
5. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
2. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
3. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
4. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
5. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
6. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
7. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
8. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
9. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
10. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)