|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(b) The Scarlet Pimernel.
2. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
(a) A handsome charmer.
(b) A man of many colors.
(c) All of these.
(d) A foolish bloke.
3. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Demands attention.
(c) Buys drinks for everyone.
(d) Makes a joke.
4. Who are Antony and Andrew working for?
(a) Lady Blakeney.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
5. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her reputation.
(b) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) She wants to protect her brother.
(d) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
2. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
4. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
5. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney say to his wife before leaving after their talk in the garden?
2. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
3. What does Chauvelin offer and threaten the Jewish man in Calais with?
4. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
5. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
6. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
7. What does the Comtesse talk about with Andrew and Antony in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. What does Chauvelin say to Marguerite just before she leaves the ball?
9. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
10. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)