|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Throws a drink in his face.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Laughs with him.
2. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(c) The Comtesse.
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
(a) The letter from her brother.
(b) Protection to France.
(c) His vow of secrecy.
(d) A chance to meet him.
4. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jollyman.
(b) Mr. Jallywag.
(c) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(d) Mr. Jellyband.
5. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
(a) The King and Queen.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Ambassador of France.
(d) The Republic officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
2. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
4. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
5. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
3. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
4. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
5. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
6. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
7. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
8. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
9. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
10. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)