|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Flirts with the guard.
(c) Hides in a casket.
(d) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
2. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
3. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Always finding disguised people.
(b) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Being the best fighter in France.
(d) Never being tricked by the Republic.
4. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(b) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(c) The way she feels about the republic.
(d) Her love for Armand.
5. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
2. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
3. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
4. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
5. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
2. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
3. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
4. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
5. What does Lord Blakeney do when he is challenged to a duel in the Fisherman's Rest?
6. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
7. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
8. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
9. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
10. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)