|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
2. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blackwell.
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A ring.
(b) A knife.
(c) A seal.
(d) A note.
4. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Squeezes her hand.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Gives her a note.
5. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
2. Who are Antony and Andrew working for?
3. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
4. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
5. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
2. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
3. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
4. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
5. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
6. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
7. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
8. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
9. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
10. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)