|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
(a) 1 Fortnight.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 year.
2. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His admiration of Blakeny.
(b) His past reputation.
(c) The political turmoil.
(d) His sickly nature.
3. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
4. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) All of the above.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are banished.
(d) They are executed.
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A horse.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
2. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
4. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
5. What is Andrew's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
3. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
4. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
5. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
6. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
7. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
8. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
9. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
10. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)