|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
2. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) The Vicomte.
(b) Lady Blakeny.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
3. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
4. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
5. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
2. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
4. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
5. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
2. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
3. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
4. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
5. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
6. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
7. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
8. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
9. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
10. How is the Scarlet Pimpernel introduced in the first chapter?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)