|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
(a) The letter from her brother.
(b) Protection to France.
(c) His vow of secrecy.
(d) A chance to meet him.
2. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) Her daughter was well liked there.
(b) Her son does not like England.
(c) She had to leave all her money.
(d) She could not take her husband with her.
3. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
(a) He defiled her mother.
(b) He beat her brother.
(c) He denied her courtship.
(d) He imprisoned her parents.
4. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The docks.
(b) The market.
(c) Her house.
(d) The opera.
5. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
2. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
4. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
5. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blakeney say he uses in men to outwit them?
2. What does Marguerite hope to do when she hears Chauvelin's plan to imprison Blakeney?
3. How does Marguerite feel when she first realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. How are Lord Blakeney and his wife different from each other when they appear in public?
5. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
6. What does Chauvelin find after getting information from Marguerite?
7. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
8. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
9. What does Chauvelin want Blakeney to be doing when he arrests him, and why?
10. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)