|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
2. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
3. What is Antony's title?
4. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
5. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Flirts with the guard.
(b) Hides in a casket.
(c) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
2. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
3. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
2. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
3. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
4. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
5. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
6. What does Chauvelin say after tying up Antony and Andrew?
7. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
8. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
10. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)