|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A seal.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note.
2. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her wit.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her social connections.
3. What is Antony's title?
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
5. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
2. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
4. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
5. Who is causing the revolution in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blakeney escape from Chauvelin at the Chat Gris?
2. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
3. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
4. What does the item Marguerite receives from Chauvelin reveal to her?
5. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
6. Who does Marguerite turn to for help when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel and why?
7. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
8. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin at the ball?
9. What is the most dangerous part of what the Scarlet Pimpernel has been doing?
10. Why did Lord Blakeney say his love for Marguerite cooled?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)