|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A seal.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A knife.
2. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
3. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) Her home.
(d) The Tower of London.
4. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The women.
(b) The men.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
5. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(b) The Aristocracy.
(c) The Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
2. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
3. Who are Antony and Andrew working for?
4. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
5. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Marguerite introduced when she first appears in the book?
2. Why is Marguerite so close to her brother?
3. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
4. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
5. How does Marguerite feel about the French Monarchy and the French Republic?
6. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
7. What is most upsetting to Marguerite about being blackmailed by Chauvelin?
8. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
9. Why has England not stepped in to stop the Republic in France?
10. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)