|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
(a) The letter from her brother.
(b) His vow of secrecy.
(c) A chance to meet him.
(d) Protection to France.
2. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jollyman.
(b) Mr. Jallywag.
(c) Mr. Jellyband.
(d) Mr. Jollbrooke.
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Flirts with the guard.
(c) Hides in a casket.
(d) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
5. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A creed.
(b) A flower.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
2. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
3. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
4. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
5. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. What happened to Marguerite's marriage after her place in the Marquis's death was explained?
3. How does the relationship between the Blakeneys appear when they are in public together?
4. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
5. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
6. Who is the French Republic punishing in their Revolution, and why?
7. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
8. What can we see about Suzanne at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
10. What was Marguerite's place in the Marquis's death?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)