|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) St. Just.
(b) St. Lucas.
(c) St. Johns.
(d) St. Cyr.
2. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
3. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
4. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Buys drinks for everyone.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Makes a joke.
(d) Demands attention.
5. Who are Antony and Andrew working for?
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blakeney.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
2. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
3. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
4. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
5. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel sneak past the best gate guard in Paris?
2. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
4. What is Marguerite accused of by the Comtesse?
5. How does Marguerite make Andrew think that she has not seen what was written on the letter he received at the ball?
6. How is Lord Blakeney described when he first appears in the book?
7. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
8. What will happen if Marguerite does not help Chauvelin?
9. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
10. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)