|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(b) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(c) Her love for Armand.
(d) The way she feels about the republic.
2. Who does the Comtesse credit for her safe removal from France?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) All of these.
3. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They turned in another family.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
(c) They bribed a guard.
(d) They used a hidden society.
4. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
(a) She fakes being sick.
(b) She tells him about her situation.
(c) She lies about his wife.
(d) She tells him nice things.
5. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They are banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
2. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Andrew and Antony say in response to what the Comtesse says to them in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. How does Marguerite trick Andrew into showing her the letter he has at the ball?
3. What does Tinville find every time the Scarlet Pimpernel is successful?
4. What did Chauvelin find that made Lady Blakeney willing to help him?
5. What will happen if Marguerite complies with and helps Chauvelin?
6. What makes Jellyband nervous while serving guests at his inn?
7. How does Lord Blakeney treat his wife when they are alone together in private?
8. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him, and why?
9. Why is Marguerite concerned for her brother when he boards her husband's yacht?
10. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her cooperation?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)