|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
2. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In an inn.
3. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His voice.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His stance.
4. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her truthfulness.
(b) Her bravery.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her intelligence.
5. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
(a) Dirty and unpleasant.
(b) Strange and foriegn.
(c) Small and smelly.
(d) Quaint and unfamiliar.
6. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) She made it up.
(b) Word from her husband.
(d) Andrew's letter.
7. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
(a) A fine meal.
(c) Passage to England.
(d) Gold pieces.
8. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he passes out his picture.
(b) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(c) When she hears his plan of attack.
(d) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
9. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
10. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To get away from her.
(b) To free the Viscomte.
(c) To visit some relatives.
(d) To save Armand.
11. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A suit of fine silk.
(b) A sloop.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A second room for rent.
12. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For being too loud.
(b) For being too slow.
(c) For not stopping Blakeney.
(d) For taking them to the wrong place.
13. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A belt buckle.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
14. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(b) The Country.
15. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
2. What does Lord Blakeney do when he sees Chauvelin a the inn in Calais?
3. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
4. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)