|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To save Armand.
(b) To free the Viscomte.
(c) To get away from her.
(d) To visit some relatives.
2. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
4. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A fluer de lis.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) A celtic knot.
(d) An owl.
5. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His morals.
(b) His patience.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His love.
6. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(b) Shoots a gun.
(d) Skips and twirls.
7. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(a) The servant.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
8. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) Word from her husband.
(b) Andrew's letter.
(c) She made it up.
9. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To save a fugitive.
(b) To escape the law.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To attend a trial.
10. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
(a) He could not have done any of this without her.
(b) He is sure the Marquis is laughing in his grave.
(c) He will kill her brother if she screams.
(d) He is grateful to her for giving them the answers.
11. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
(a) Her relationship.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The spy who was captured.
12. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(a) A server.
(b) Lord Grenville.
(c) A Cabinet Minister.
13. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(b) For Blakeney to arrive.
(c) For a signal from him.
(d) For the fugitives to show themselves.
14. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
(c) Lord Antony.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
15. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
(b) A local police chief.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
2. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
3. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
4. How does Lord Blakeney tell Margeurite he is leaving after he talks with her?
5. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)