|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(a) Tobacco chew.
(b) A cigar.
(c) Some snuff.
2. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
3. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
4. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(b) A large feast.
5. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Where he is going the next day.
(b) Why he stopped loving her.
(c) Why he was in the supper room.
(d) If he still loves her at all.
6. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(b) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(c) For a signal from him.
(d) For Blakeney to arrive.
7. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
8. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) A knighting ceremony.
(b) A second wedding for himself.
(c) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
(d) Andrew's wedding.
9. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
10. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
11. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
12. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To free the Viscomte.
(b) To get away from her.
(c) To save Armand.
(d) To visit some relatives.
13. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
(a) Have them executed.
(b) Have them arrested.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Banish them.
14. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
15. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
(a) 2:00 am.
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 12:00 am.
(d) 1:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
2. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
3. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
5. Where is the Blakeney estate?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)