|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
2. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She wants to see what will happen.
(b) All of these.
(c) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
(d) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
3. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
4. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The Chamber Minister.
(d) A servant.
6. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The docks in Dover.
(b) The steep passing in the channel.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) The ball.
7. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) He and her brother are in danger.
(b) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(c) The French government will recognize him now.
(d) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
8. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
9. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(b) When she hears his plan of attack.
(c) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(d) When he passes out his picture.
10. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
11. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Tobacco chew.
(c) Some snuff.
12. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
13. Where is the Blakeney estate?
14. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(a) A stick of mild dynamite.
(b) A sleeping draught.
(c) Black pepper.
15. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(b) A large feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
2. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
3. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
4. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
5. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)