|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) It will avoid tension with England.
(b) It will bring him more honor.
(c) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(d) All of these.
2. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she will be going home with a friend.
(b) That she already left.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is ready to go home.
3. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) A knighting ceremony.
(b) Andrew's wedding.
(c) A second wedding for himself.
(d) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
4. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
5. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) A servant.
6. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(c) The Country.
7. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(b) She goes on foot.
(c) She goes on horseback.
(d) She rents a carriage of her own.
8. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) She is being black mailed.
(b) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(c) Chauvelin lied to her.
(d) Armand is in trouble.
9. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His patience.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His morals.
(d) His love.
10. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Sir Antony.
(d) Lord Grenville.
11. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
(a) The Fisherman's Rest.
(b) The Greenfield Hotel.
(c) The Dock House.
(d) The Ship's Gallery.
12. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The French government will recognize him now.
(b) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(c) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
(d) He and her brother are in danger.
13. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
14. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For Blakeney to arrive.
(b) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(c) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(d) For a signal from him.
15. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When she hears his plan of attack.
(b) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(c) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(d) When he passes out his picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin want to wait for before imprisoning Blakeney?
2. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
3. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
4. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
5. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)