|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
(a) A skull and crossbones.
(b) A flower wrapped around a fleur de lis.
(c) A picture of a flower.
(d) The words, "The Scarlet Pimpernel."
2. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To save Armand.
(b) To free the Viscomte.
(c) To visit some relatives.
(d) To get away from her.
3. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he was in the supper room.
(b) If he still loves her at all.
(c) Where he is going the next day.
(d) Why he stopped loving her.
4. How does the narrator describe the private rooms of the Blakeney house?
(b) All of these.
5. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) Word from her husband.
(c) She made it up.
(d) Andrew's letter.
6. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) All of these.
(b) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(c) It will avoid tension with England.
(d) It will bring him more honor.
7. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
8. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
(a) A local police chief.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The innkeeper.
9. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
10. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he passes out his picture.
(b) When she hears his plan of attack.
(c) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(d) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
11. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Withhold his promised payment.
(b) Bind and gag him.
(c) Offer him more money.
(d) Beat him.
12. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His hands.
(b) His voice.
(c) His stance.
(d) His eyes.
13. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
14. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
15. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her bravery.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her truthfulness.
(d) Her intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
2. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
4. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
5. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)