|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
(b) The inn keeper.
(c) The steward.
2. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her bravery.
(b) Her truthfulness.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her intelligence.
3. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(c) A large feast.
4. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) A steward.
(d) A nobleman.
5. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
(b) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
(c) All of these.
(d) She wants to see what will happen.
6. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When she hears his plan of attack.
(b) When he passes out his picture.
(c) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(d) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
7. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Offer him more money.
(c) Withhold his promised payment.
(d) Bind and gag him.
8. Where did Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel would be going the day after the ball?
(a) The Country.
9. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A celtic knot.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) An owl.
(d) A fluer de lis.
10. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
(a) The Chamber Minister.
(b) A servant.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
11. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(a) A stick of mild dynamite.
(b) A sleeping draught.
(c) Black pepper.
12. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
(a) A skull and crossbones.
(b) A flower wrapped around a fleur de lis.
(c) A picture of a flower.
(d) The words, "The Scarlet Pimpernel."
13. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
14. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The Jewish Man.
15. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For a signal from him.
(b) For Blakeney to arrive.
(c) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(d) For the back-up officers to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
2. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
3. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
4. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
5. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)