|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Blakeney tell Margeurite he is leaving after he talks with her?
(a) He tells her.
(b) He sends a telegram after leaving.
(c) He sends a note.
(d) He has a servant tell her.
2. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) A steward.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) A lackey.
3. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
(a) Fire them.
(b) Have them executed.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Have them arrested.
4. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(b) A servant.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
6. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
(a) Turns away.
(d) Tries to stop Chauvelin.
7. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His love.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His morals.
(d) His patience.
8. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) The truth.
(b) His love.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her future.
9. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
10. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
11. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her relationship.
(c) The spy who was captured.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
12. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A frigate.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A barge.
(d) A sloop.
13. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) Armand is in trouble.
(b) She is being black mailed.
(c) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(d) Chauvelin lied to her.
14. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The steep passing in the channel.
(b) The docks in Dover.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) The ball.
15. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(b) She goes on horseback.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She rents a carriage of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
2. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
3. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
4. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
5. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)