|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
2. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(b) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
(c) The French government will recognize him now.
(d) He and her brother are in danger.
3. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A fluer de lis.
(b) A celtic knot.
(c) A scarlet pimpernel.
(d) An owl.
4. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(a) Black pepper.
(c) A sleeping draught.
(d) A stick of mild dynamite.
5. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
6. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he passes out his picture.
(b) When she hears his plan of attack.
(c) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(d) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
7. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A seal.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A ring.
(d) A belt buckle.
8. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For Blakeney to arrive.
(b) For a signal from him.
(c) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(d) For the fugitives to show themselves.
9. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she is ready to go home.
(b) That she already left.
(c) That she will be going home with a friend.
(d) That she is ill.
10. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
11. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a cabin.
12. What does Lord Blakeney do when he sees Chauvelin a the inn in Calais?
(a) Talks to him happily.
(b) Makes fun of him.
(c) Eats some of his food.
(d) All of these.
13. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A barge.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A frigate.
(d) A sloop.
14. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A lackey.
(d) A steward.
15. How does the narrator describe the private rooms of the Blakeney house?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
2. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
3. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
4. Who is Chauvelin talking to when he arrives at the inn at Calais?
5. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)