|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
(a) A dressing screen.
(b) A bed spread.
(c) A table cloth.
(d) A dirty sheet.
2. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(a) A servant.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
3. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
4. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she already left.
(b) That she is ready to go home.
(c) That she will be going home with a friend.
(d) That she is ill.
5. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
6. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A train station.
(c) A pub.
(d) An inn.
7. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(d) A large feast.
8. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) The truth.
(b) His love.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her future.
9. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
10. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
11. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(b) Sir Antony.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lord Grenville.
12. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
(a) His accent.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shoes.
13. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A ticket.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
14. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A steward.
(c) A lackey.
(d) A French soldier.
15. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
(a) The Chamber Minister.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Blakeney tell Margeurite he is leaving after he talks with her?
2. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
3. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
4. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
5. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)