|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A suit of fine silk.
(b) A sloop.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A second room for rent.
2. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The ball.
(b) The docks in Dover.
(c) The steep passing in the channel.
(d) The Fisherman's Rest.
3. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
4. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
(b) A fine meal.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) Passage to England.
5. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a boat.
6. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(b) Armand is in trouble.
(c) Chauvelin lied to her.
(d) She is being black mailed.
7. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A celtic knot.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) An owl.
(d) A fluer de lis.
8. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
(a) 1 quarter.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 fortnight.
9. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
(a) The Greenfield Hotel.
(b) The Ship's Gallery.
(c) The Dock House.
(d) The Fisherman's Rest.
10. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(b) A server.
(c) A Cabinet Minister.
11. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His patience.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His love.
(d) His morals.
12. How does the narrator describe the private rooms of the Blakeney house?
(a) All of these.
13. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
14. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She rents a carriage of her own.
(b) She goes on horseback.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She sneaks onto the carriage.
15. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(a) A stick of mild dynamite.
(c) A sleeping draught.
(d) Black pepper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
2. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
3. How does Marguerite feel after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
4. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)