|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) All of these.
(b) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(c) It will avoid tension with England.
(d) It will bring him more honor.
2. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
(a) Quaint and unfamiliar.
(b) Strange and foriegn.
(c) Dirty and unpleasant.
(d) Small and smelly.
4. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
(b) A knighting ceremony.
(c) Andrew's wedding.
(d) A second wedding for himself.
5. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
(b) She wants to see what will happen.
(c) All of these.
(d) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
6. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Orders a dinner made.
(d) Goes to bed.
7. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His hands.
(b) His stance.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His voice.
8. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A frigate.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A barge.
9. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she will be going home with a friend.
(b) That she already left.
(c) That she is ready to go home.
(d) That she is ill.
10. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
11. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) A steward.
12. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(b) A servant.
13. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(b) Chauvelin lied to her.
(c) Armand is in trouble.
(d) She is being black mailed.
14. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
15. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(b) Lord Grenville.
(c) A Cabinet Minister.
(d) A server.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
2. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
3. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
4. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
5. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)