|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Offer him more money.
(c) Bind and gag him.
(d) Withhold his promised payment.
2. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
(a) The Fisherman's Rest.
(b) The Greenfield Hotel.
(c) The Ship's Gallery.
(d) The Dock House.
3. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
(a) 12:00 am.
(b) 1:00 am.
(c) 11:00 pm.
(d) 2:00 am.
4. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
5. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(b) Shoots a gun.
(d) Skips and twirls.
6. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A sloop.
(b) A suit of fine silk.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A second room for rent.
7. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) Some flowers.
(b) A ticket.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
8. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His accent.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His voice.
9. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
(a) 1 quarter.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 fortnight.
(d) 1 month.
10. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she will be going home with a friend.
(b) That she is ill.
(c) That she already left.
(d) That she is ready to go home.
11. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
(a) The weather is bad.
(b) The outgoing port is blocked.
(c) The regulations have changed.
(d) The yacht is damaged.
12. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To have an affair.
(b) To attend a trial.
(c) To save a fugitive.
(d) To escape the law.
13. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) Andrew's wedding.
(b) A second wedding for himself.
(c) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
(d) A knighting ceremony.
14. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) If he still loves her at all.
(b) Why he stopped loving her.
(c) Where he is going the next day.
(d) Why he was in the supper room.
15. What does the Scarlet Pimpernel sign all his letters with?
(a) A skull and crossbones.
(b) A picture of a flower.
(c) A flower wrapped around a fleur de lis.
(d) The words, "The Scarlet Pimpernel."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
2. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
3. How does Marguerite feel after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
4. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
5. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)