|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Withhold his promised payment.
(b) Bind and gag him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Offer him more money.
2. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
3. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
4. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
(b) Lord Antony.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
5. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) Chauvelin lied to her.
(b) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(c) She is being black mailed.
(d) Armand is in trouble.
6. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
7. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The servant.
8. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her truthfulness.
(d) Her bravery.
9. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(c) Vicomte de Tournay.
(d) Countess de Tournay.
10. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In an inn.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In a shed.
11. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For not stopping Blakeney.
(b) For taking them to the wrong place.
(c) For being too loud.
(d) For being too slow.
12. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) Her past.
(b) The truth.
(c) Her future.
(d) His love.
13. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
(a) She doesn't want to make the situation worse.
(b) All of these.
(c) She doesn't want her husband to be mad.
(d) She wants to see what will happen.
14. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The French government will recognize him now.
(b) He and her brother are in danger.
(c) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
(d) He doesn't have his signet ring.
15. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A French soldier.
(d) A steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
2. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
3. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
4. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
5. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)