|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In an inn.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a boat.
(d) In a shed.
2. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A pub.
(b) An inn.
(c) A train station.
(d) A restaurant.
3. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) It will bring him more honor.
(b) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(c) It will avoid tension with England.
(d) All of these.
4. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Sir Antony.
5. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The docks in Dover.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) The steep passing in the channel.
(d) The ball.
6. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A seal.
(b) A belt buckle.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dagger.
7. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The Jewish Man.
8. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
9. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) Her past.
(b) The truth.
(c) Her future.
(d) His love.
10. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
(a) His voice.
(b) His accent.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His eyes.
11. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
12. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To escape the law.
(b) To save a fugitive.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To attend a trial.
13. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(c) A servant.
14. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
(a) Black pepper.
(b) A stick of mild dynamite.
(c) A sleeping draught.
15. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
(a) A bed spread.
(b) A dressing screen.
(c) A dirty sheet.
(d) A table cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
3. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
4. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
5. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)