|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
2. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She goes on horseback.
(b) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She rents a carriage of her own.
3. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The French government will recognize him now.
(b) He and her brother are in danger.
(c) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(d) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
4. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
5. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) She is being black mailed.
(b) Armand is in trouble.
(c) Chauvelin lied to her.
(d) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
6. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A train station.
(b) A pub.
(c) An inn.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His love.
(b) His morals.
(c) His patience.
(d) His intelligence.
8. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A ticket.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some flowers.
9. Where is Marguerite when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The private office.
(d) A carriage.
10. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
(a) A dressing screen.
(b) A bed spread.
(c) A table cloth.
(d) A dirty sheet.
11. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
12. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
13. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A horse carriage.
(b) A sloop.
(c) A second room for rent.
(d) A suit of fine silk.
14. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To free the Viscomte.
(b) To get away from her.
(c) To visit some relatives.
(d) To save Armand.
15. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(b) A server.
(c) A Cabinet Minister.
(d) Lord Grenville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
2. Where is the Blakeney estate?
3. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
4. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
5. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)