|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he stopped loving her.
(b) Why he was in the supper room.
(c) If he still loves her at all.
(d) Where he is going the next day.
2. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The French government will recognize him now.
(b) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(c) He and her brother are in danger.
(d) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
3. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(a) Sir Antony.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lord Grenville.
4. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lord Antony.
5. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
(b) A knighting ceremony.
(c) Andrew's wedding.
(d) A second wedding for himself.
6. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she is ready to go home.
(c) That she will be going home with a friend.
(d) That she already left.
7. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(c) A servant.
8. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The servant.
9. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 fortnight.
(c) 1 quarter.
(d) 1 week.
10. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A barge.
(b) A frigate.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A schooner.
11. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A belt buckle.
12. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
(a) Banish them.
(b) Have them executed.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Have them arrested.
13. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
14. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(b) When he passes out his picture.
(c) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(d) When she hears his plan of attack.
15. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
(a) The yacht is damaged.
(b) The regulations have changed.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) The outgoing port is blocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
2. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
3. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
4. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
5. What does Lord Blakeney do when he sees Chauvelin a the inn in Calais?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)