|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
2. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
3. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
4. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
5. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His hands.
(b) His voice.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His stance.
6. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
7. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
(a) Fire them.
(b) Have them arrested.
(c) Have them executed.
(d) Banish them.
8. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Sir Antony.
9. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A schooner.
(b) A sloop.
(c) A barge.
(d) A frigate.
10. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
(a) He will kill her brother if she screams.
(b) He could not have done any of this without her.
(c) He is grateful to her for giving them the answers.
(d) He is sure the Marquis is laughing in his grave.
11. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(b) Word from her husband.
(c) She made it up.
(d) Andrew's letter.
12. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The loft.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The attic.
13. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
14. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(d) A servant.
15. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The steep passing in the channel.
(b) The docks in Dover.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) The ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
2. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
3. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
4. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
5. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)