|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The servant.
2. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) Andrew's letter.
(b) Word from her husband.
(d) She made it up.
3. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She goes on horseback.
(b) She sneaks onto the carriage.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She rents a carriage of her own.
4. Who tells Marguerite that Chauvelin now knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
5. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(a) Skips and twirls.
(d) Shoots a gun.
6. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
7. What does Blakeney attend when he gets home to England at the end of the book?
(a) Armand's reception into the standing Army.
(b) Andrew's wedding.
(c) A knighting ceremony.
(d) A second wedding for himself.
8. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(b) A cigar.
(c) Some snuff.
(d) Tobacco chew.
9. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
(a) Strange and foriegn.
(b) Small and smelly.
(c) Quaint and unfamiliar.
(d) Dirty and unpleasant.
10. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
(b) Tries to stop Chauvelin.
(c) Turns away.
11. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) Chauvelin lied to her.
(b) She is being black mailed.
(c) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(d) Armand is in trouble.
12. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her past.
(c) The truth.
(d) His love.
13. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A sloop.
(b) A horse carriage.
(c) A second room for rent.
(d) A suit of fine silk.
14. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lord Antony.
15. How does Margeurite feel after passing along information about the Scarlet Pimpernel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
2. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
3. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
4. Where is the Blakeney estate?
5. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)