|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) An owl.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) A fluer de lis.
(d) A celtic knot.
2. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The servant.
3. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she already left.
(b) That she is ready to go home.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she will be going home with a friend.
4. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite tested too much in their early marriage?
(a) His love.
(b) His morals.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His patience.
5. How does the narrator describe the private rooms of the Blakeney house?
(c) All of these.
6. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The Jewish Man.
7. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) He and her brother are in danger.
(b) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(c) The French government will recognize him now.
(d) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
8. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
(a) Fire them.
(b) Banish them.
(c) Have them executed.
(d) Have them arrested.
9. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A pub.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An inn.
(d) A train station.
10. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For taking them to the wrong place.
(b) For being too loud.
(c) For being too slow.
(d) For not stopping Blakeney.
11. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
12. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To escape the law.
(b) To attend a trial.
(c) To save a fugitive.
(d) To have an affair.
13. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
14. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Orders a dinner made.
15. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he stopped loving her.
(b) If he still loves her at all.
(c) Where he is going the next day.
(d) Why he was in the supper room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
2. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
3. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
4. What does Lord Blakeney do when he sees Chauvelin a the inn in Calais?
5. Who is found in the supper room at the appointed hour?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)