|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in the supper room at the appointed hour doing?
2. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His stance.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His voice.
3. What was Blakeney seen renting from a Jewish man in Calais?
(a) A second room for rent.
(b) A sloop.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A suit of fine silk.
4. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
5. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
(a) A fine meal.
(b) Passage to England.
(d) Gold pieces.
6. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(b) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(c) For Blakeney to arrive.
(d) For a signal from him.
7. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She goes on horseback.
(b) She goes on foot.
(c) She rents a carriage of her own.
(d) She sneaks onto the carriage.
8. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
(b) It will avoid tension with England.
(c) It will bring him more honor.
(d) All of these.
9. Where does Lord Blakeney tell his wife he plans to go after talking with Margeurite?
10. Who is the first person Marguerite sees after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
(c) A servant.
11. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Orders a dinner made.
(d) Goes to bed.
12. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
13. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) A lackey.
(c) A steward.
(d) A nobleman.
14. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
15. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin want to wait for before imprisoning Blakeney?
2. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
3. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
4. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
5. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)