|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His stance.
(d) His voice.
2. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
4. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
5. Where is the Blakeney estate?
6. Why does Chauvelin have the Jewish man beaten?
(a) For being too loud.
(b) For taking them to the wrong place.
(c) For being too slow.
(d) For not stopping Blakeney.
7. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For the back-up officers to arrive.
(b) For a signal from him.
(c) For Blakeney to arrive.
(d) For the fugitives to show themselves.
8. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To save a fugitive.
(b) To have an affair.
(c) To attend a trial.
(d) To escape the law.
9. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) If he still loves her at all.
(b) Where he is going the next day.
(c) Why he stopped loving her.
(d) Why he was in the supper room.
10. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Sir Antony.
(d) Lord Grenville.
11. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her truthfulness.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her bravery.
(d) Her love.
12. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) He doesn't have his signet ring.
(b) The French government will recognize him now.
(c) He and her brother are in danger.
(d) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
13. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) A ticket.
(d) A telegram.
14. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
15. Where was the last place Andrew saw Chauvelin when they get to Calais?
(a) The docks in Dover.
(b) The steep passing in the channel.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) The ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
2. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
3. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
4. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
5. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)