|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her bravery.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her truthfulness.
2. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he was in the supper room.
(b) Why he stopped loving her.
(c) Where he is going the next day.
(d) If he still loves her at all.
3. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she already left.
(b) That she will be going home with a friend.
(c) That she is ready to go home.
(d) That she is ill.
4. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
5. Why does Lord Blakeney say he is leaving after he talks with Margeurite?
(a) To get away from her.
(b) To save Armand.
(c) To visit some relatives.
(d) To free the Viscomte.
6. How does Lord Blakeney tell Margeurite he is leaving after he talks with her?
(a) He sends a note.
(b) He has a servant tell her.
(c) He sends a telegram after leaving.
(d) He tells her.
7. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
8. Who is sent in search of Lord Blakeney when Andrew and Marguerite arrive in Calais?
(a) The inn keeper.
(d) The steward.
9. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 4 hours.
10. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(b) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(c) When he passes out his picture.
(d) When she hears his plan of attack.
11. Who retrieves the Blakeney's carriage to leave from the ball?
(b) The Chamber Minister.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) A servant.
12. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(b) Lord Grenville.
(c) Sir Antony.
13. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
(a) The regulations have changed.
(b) The yacht is damaged.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) The outgoing port is blocked.
14. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
(a) Tries to stop Chauvelin.
(b) Turns away.
15. Where is the Blakeney estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Marguerite from getting to her brother?
2. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
3. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
4. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
5. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)