|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maruerite so worried when she realizes that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) The French government will recognize him now.
(b) He and her brother are in danger.
(c) Chauvelin is on his tracks.
(d) He doesn't have his signet ring.
2. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
(b) Shoots a gun.
(d) Skips and twirls.
3. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he was in the supper room.
(b) Where he is going the next day.
(c) Why he stopped loving her.
(d) If he still loves her at all.
4. What did Lord Blakeney say Margeurite should have trusted him with?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her past.
(c) His love.
(d) The truth.
5. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
6. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A steward.
(b) A lackey.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) A French soldier.
7. Where does a soldier say they think Armand was spotted?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a shed.
8. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 12 hours.
9. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
(a) His voice.
(b) His accent.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His shoes.
10. Where does Marguerite plan to travel to to meet her husband?
11. Where does Marguerite eat supper before leaving to find her husband?
(a) The Ship's Gallery.
(b) The Dock House.
(c) The Greenfield Hotel.
(d) The Fisherman's Rest.
12. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
13. Where does Chauvelin promise to send Armand when he has captured the Scarlet Pimpernel?
14. What does Chauvelin say before he takes off Marguerite's gag?
(a) He will kill her brother if she screams.
(b) He is sure the Marquis is laughing in his grave.
(c) He could not have done any of this without her.
(d) He is grateful to her for giving them the answers.
15. Why does Chauvelin want to wait for something before arresting Blakeney?
(a) It will bring him more honor.
(b) It will avoid tension with England.
(c) All of these.
(d) It will allow him to be executed immediateley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he sees Chauvelin a the inn in Calais?
2. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
4. What does Marguerite do when she sees the Jewish man beaten?
5. What has Blakeney actually given Chauvelin as they sit talking a the inn in Calais?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)