|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
2. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) She made it up.
(c) Andrew's letter.
(d) Word from her husband.
3. How does Marguerite realize the Jewish man was her husband?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His accent.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His voice.
4. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The spy who was captured.
(d) Her relationship.
5. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A celtic knot.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) A fluer de lis.
(d) An owl.
6. What does Chauvelin have to do to get the Jewish man to stay with him?
(a) Bind and gag him.
(b) Offer him more money.
(c) Withhold his promised payment.
(d) Beat him.
7. Who is the third person Margeurite talks to in the boudoir?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) A servant.
8. What time does Margeurite say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be in the supper room the night of the ball?
(a) 1:00 am.
(b) 12:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 11:00 pm.
9. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he stopped loving her.
(b) If he still loves her at all.
(c) Why he was in the supper room.
(d) Where he is going the next day.
10. What is found in the place where Armand was seen hiding when the soldiers rush into it?
(d) A large feast.
11. How does Marguerite feel after finding the object on the floor of the private room?
12. What does Chauvelin offer to the Jewish man in return for solid information about Blakeny?
(b) A fine meal.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) Passage to England.
13. How does Marguerite feel when she sees the room that is always locked standing open?
14. What does Chauvelin appear to feel as he speaks with Blakeney?
15. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(d) The servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
2. What does Blakeney do as he walks up the path to where Armand was seen hiding?
3. What does Marguerite hide behind in the inn at Calais?
4. What does Blakeney say has allowed him to forgive her of her follies?
5. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)