|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin tell his soldiers to wait for when they get to where Armand was spotted?
(a) For a signal from him.
(b) For the fugitives to show themselves.
(c) For Blakeney to arrive.
(d) For the back-up officers to arrive.
2. What time of day is Marguerite finally able to leave to find her husband?
3. What does Blakeney offer Chauvelin as they sit talking at the inn?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Some snuff.
(d) Tobacco chew.
4. Who has agreed to travel with Marguerite to meet her husband?
5. Who does Margeurite talk to in the boudoir the second time?
(a) A Cabinet Minister.
(c) A server.
(d) Lord Grenville.
6. Who does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send a message to?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(c) Sir Antony.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
7. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
8. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(c) The servant.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
9. What kind of ship is spotted just off the coast of where Armand was seen?
(a) A frigate.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A barge.
10. What does Margeurite tell her husband when she senses he still loves her?
(a) She knows who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(b) She is being black mailed.
(c) Chauvelin lied to her.
(d) Armand is in trouble.
11. How does Marguerite describe her surroundings in the Chat Gris?
(a) Strange and foriegn.
(b) Dirty and unpleasant.
(c) Quaint and unfamiliar.
(d) Small and smelly.
12. How long does Lord Blakeney say he will be gone after talking with Margeurite?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 fortnight.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 quarter.
13. What does Chauvelin want to wait for before imprisoning Blakeney?
(a) Meeting him alone.
(b) His seal to appear.
(c) His gang to be with him.
(d) Finding him with fugitives.
14. What important question does Margeurite ask her husband after the ball?
(a) Why he stopped loving her.
(b) If he still loves her at all.
(c) Why he was in the supper room.
(d) Where he is going the next day.
15. What makes Marguerite think Blakeney will never escape Chauvelin?
(a) When he passes out his picture.
(b) When he offers a huge reward for news of Blakeney.
(c) When she hears how many guards he has posted.
(d) When she hears his plan of attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers approach Chauvelin as he is heading out to meet Blakeney?
2. Why does Marguerite not show herself when Chauvelin is talking with Lord Blakeney?
3. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
4. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
5. What does Margeurite do when she gets home from the ball?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)