|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is engraved on the object Marguerite finds on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A celtic knot.
(b) A scarlet pimpernel.
(c) A fluer de lis.
(d) An owl.
2. What message does Margeurite have the second person she talks to in the boudoir send?
(a) That she will be going home with a friend.
(b) That she is ready to go home.
(c) That she already left.
(d) That she is ill.
3. Where does Margeurite see love from her husband after the ball?
(a) His stance.
(b) His voice.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
4. Who talks to Margeurite just before she gets into her carriage to leave the ball?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) The servant.
5. How does Marguerite follow Chauvelin after he deals with the Jewish man?
(a) She goes on horseback.
(b) She rents a carriage of her own.
(c) She goes on foot.
(d) She sneaks onto the carriage.
6. What object does Marguerite find on the floor of the private rooms?
(a) A ring.
(b) A belt buckle.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A seal.
7. What is Chauvelin doing as Blakeney escapes from the inn in Calais?
8. What is Chauvelin eating when Lord Blakeney arrives at the inn in Calais?
9. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) A ticket.
(d) A telegram.
10. Where did Margeruite get the information about the Scarlet Pimpernel that she passes along?
(a) Andrew's letter.
(b) She made it up.
(c) Word from her husband.
11. How far behind does Andrew think Chauvelin is when they get to Calais?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
12. What does Marguerite see her husband has a good head for when she enters the private rooms?
13. What is the Chat Gris?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A train station.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
14. How does the narrator describe the private rooms of the Blakeney house?
(a) All of these.
15. Where does Marguerite meet the man who has agreed to travel with her to meet her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chauvelin threaten to do to the soldiers who do not obey his every command?
2. Where does Marguerite stay hidden in the Calais in?
3. What room is always locked in the Blakeney house?
4. What does Suzanne talk about with Marguerite in the garden?
5. How many soldiers does Chauvelin send to find Armand when he hears where he is?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)