|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The higher taxes.
(b) The French fugitives.
(c) The weather.
(d) The lack of French imports.
2. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
3. Where is Chauvelin from?
4. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) The Scarlet Pimernel.
(d) Lord Jellyband.
5. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) The Vicomte.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lady Blakeny.
6. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Andrew and Antony.
(c) The man she is to meet.
(d) Her husband.
7. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her brother.
(b) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
(c) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) She wants to protect her reputation.
8. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(b) Leaves in a hurry.
(c) Hides her face.
(d) Begins to weep.
9. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
(a) A ferrier.
(b) An agent.
(c) A spy.
(d) A police officer.
10. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) Lord Grenville's house.
(b) The court house.
(c) The town square.
(d) Lady Blakeney's house.
11. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) St. Cyr.
(b) St. Lucas.
(c) St. Johns.
(d) St. Just.
12. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A dressing room.
13. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A pub.
(b) An inn.
(c) A store.
(d) A ship.
14. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) The coffee room.
(b) The seaside cabin.
(c) The yacht.
(d) Blakeney's ballroom.
15. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
(a) Denied her initial statement.
(b) Tried to defend him.
(c) Was a witness for the prosecution.
(d) Protested the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
2. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
3. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
4. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
5. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)