|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blackwell.
2. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Always finding disguised people.
(b) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Being the best fighter in France.
(d) Never being tricked by the Republic.
3. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
(a) The King and Queen.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Republic officials.
(d) The Ambassador of France.
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
(b) Hides in a casket.
(c) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Flirts with the guard.
5. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
(d) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
6. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
7. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A horse.
(d) A corpse.
8. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
9. Who does the Comtesse credit for her safe removal from France?
(b) All of these.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
10. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
11. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
12. What is Antony's title?
13. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blakeney.
14. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) He went to school with her.
(c) He is friends with Lord Blakeney.
(d) He helped her escape France.
15. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her reputation.
(b) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
(c) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) She wants to protect her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
2. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
3. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
4. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
5. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)