|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
(b) They bribed a guard.
(c) They turned in another family.
(d) They used a hidden society.
2. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
(a) The Midsummer Night's Dream.
(b) The Musing.
(c) The Day Dream.
(d) The Dream of Dreams.
3. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(c) The Scarlet Pimernel.
4. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A flower.
(b) A small dagger.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A note.
5. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
(a) The Aristocracy.
(b) The Republic.
(d) The English.
6. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) Her daughter was well liked there.
(b) She could not take her husband with her.
(c) Her son does not like England.
(d) She had to leave all her money.
7. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
8. Where is the Scarlet Pimpernel from?
9. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Join in the executions.
(b) Unite the Republic.
(c) Save the aristocrats.
(d) Free the royalty.
10. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
11. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
12. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
13. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) They are banished.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are executed.
14. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Leaves in a hurry.
(c) Begins to weep.
(d) Hides her face.
15. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her brother.
(b) She wants to protect her reputation.
(c) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
(d) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
2. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
3. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
4. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
5. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)