|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Gives her a note.
(d) Squeezes her hand.
2. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
3. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(c) Lady Blakeney.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
4. How many people does the Scarlet Pimpernel smuggle out when he tricks the favorite guard?
5. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
6. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
(a) Protested the trial.
(b) Denied her initial statement.
(c) Was a witness for the prosecution.
(d) Tried to defend him.
7. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She refrains from giving an answer.
(b) She is bullied into accepting.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She refuses.
8. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
9. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Never being tricked by the Republic.
(c) Being the best fighter in France.
(d) Always finding disguised people.
10. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A horse.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A corpse.
(d) An old woman.
11. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
12. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They turned in another family.
(b) They bribed a guard.
(c) They used a hidden society.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
13. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
(d) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
14. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) He went to school with her.
(b) He is friends with Lord Blakeney.
(c) He was in love with her.
(d) He helped her escape France.
15. What is Andrew's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Margeurite?
2. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
3. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
4. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)