|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
2. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
3. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
4. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
5. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) A seaside resort.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) Her home.
(d) The Fisherman's Rest.
6. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Hides her face.
(b) Begins to weep.
(d) Leaves in a hurry.
7. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
(a) He defiled her mother.
(b) He beat her brother.
(c) He imprisoned her parents.
(d) He denied her courtship.
8. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) A trial.
(b) An opera.
(c) A play.
(d) A ball.
9. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(c) The Scarlet Pimernel.
10. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(a) Lady Blakeney.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
11. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The higher taxes.
(b) The lack of French imports.
(c) The French fugitives.
(d) The weather.
12. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
(a) His vow of secrecy.
(b) A chance to meet him.
(c) The letter from her brother.
(d) Protection to France.
13. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
14. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) The bathroom.
15. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
(a) Find out who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(b) Testify against the Count de Tourney.
(c) Reveal who helped the Comtesse escape France.
(d) Write a letter to her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
3. What does Chauvelin do when he sees Antony and Andrew?
4. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
5. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)