Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ship.
(d) A creed.
2. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) A seaside resort.
(d) Her home.
3. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A seal.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note.
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
5. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A horse.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old woman.
6. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her niece.
7. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A letter.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seal.
8. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
(a) Her home.
(c) The Fisherman's Rest.
(d) The Tower of London.
9. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) He went to school with her.
(b) He helped her escape France.
(c) He is friends with Lord Blakeney.
(d) He was in love with her.
10. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
(a) She tells him nice things.
(b) She tells him about her situation.
(c) She fakes being sick.
(d) She lies about his wife.
11. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
(a) His revelation about the Scarlet Pimpernel's motives.
(b) His romantic advances.
(c) His promise to return her to France.
(d) His threat against her brother.
12. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) A play.
(b) An opera.
(c) A trial.
(d) A ball.
13. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
(b) Lord Grenville.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
14. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The opera.
(b) The docks.
(c) Her house.
(d) The market.
15. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
2. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
3. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
4. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
5. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)