|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
2. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They were exiled from France.
(c) They were in prison.
(d) They left her.
3. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
(a) He beat her brother.
(b) He imprisoned her parents.
(c) He denied her courtship.
(d) He defiled her mother.
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blackwell.
5. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(b) Her love for Armand.
(c) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(d) The way she feels about the republic.
6. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They turned in another family.
(b) They used a hidden society.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
(d) They bribed a guard.
7. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His past reputation.
(b) His sickly nature.
(c) The political turmoil.
(d) His admiration of Blakeny.
8. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A spy.
(c) An agent.
(d) A ferrier.
9. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
10. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(b) The Aristocracy.
(c) The Republic.
11. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
(a) Reveal who helped the Comtesse escape France.
(b) Write a letter to her brother.
(c) Testify against the Count de Tourney.
(d) Find out who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
12. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
13. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
(d) Lord Blakeney.
14. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To watch for imposters.
(b) To keep English men out.
(c) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(d) To control trade.
15. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
3. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
4. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
5. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)