|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Throws a drink in his face.
(b) Laughs with him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Challenges him to a duel.
2. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A flower.
(b) A small dagger.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A note.
3. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) She was part of the Revolution.
(b) Her uncle was executed.
(c) She caused a man to be executed.
(d) Her family is in prison.
4. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The opera.
(b) The market.
(c) Her house.
(d) The docks.
5. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
6. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(b) The way she feels about the republic.
(c) Her love for Armand.
(d) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
7. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
8. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
(a) A spy.
(b) A ferrier.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An agent.
9. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) The town square.
(b) Lady Blakeney's house.
(c) The court house.
(d) Lord Grenville's house.
10. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(b) The Vicomte.
(d) Lady Blakeny.
11. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
12. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
13. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
14. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
(b) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
15. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Gives her a note.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Squeezes her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. What is Andrew's title?
3. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
4. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)