|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
2. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
3. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
(a) She tells him nice things.
(b) She lies about his wife.
(c) She tells him about her situation.
(d) She fakes being sick.
4. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A knife.
(d) A note.
5. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They left her.
(c) They were exiled from France.
(d) They were in prison.
6. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Unite the Republic.
(b) Save the aristocrats.
(c) Free the royalty.
(d) Join in the executions.
7. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(b) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(c) Her love for Armand.
(d) The way she feels about the republic.
8. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
9. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) They travelled together.
(b) She helped her escape.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) She was engaged to her brother.
10. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
11. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
12. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
13. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
14. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Throws a drink in his face.
(c) Laughs with him.
(d) Punches him.
15. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Reading a note.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Cleaning his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
2. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
3. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
4. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
5. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)