|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andrew's title?
2. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
(a) A foolish bloke.
(b) All of these.
(c) A man of many colors.
(d) A handsome charmer.
3. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The seaside cabin.
(c) The coffee room.
(d) Blakeney's ballroom.
4. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
(a) Her brother will be executed.
(b) Her divorce will be finalized.
(c) Her husband will be shamed.
(d) Her past will be spread about.
5. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
6. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The lack of French imports.
(b) The higher taxes.
(c) The French fugitives.
(d) The weather.
7. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) The Scarlet Pimernel.
(c) Lord Jellyband.
8. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A ship.
(b) A store.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
9. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
(c) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
10. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
11. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She wants to protect her reputation.
(b) She wants to protect her brother.
(c) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
12. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To watch for imposters.
(b) To control trade.
(c) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(d) To keep English men out.
13. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Being the best fighter in France.
(c) Always finding disguised people.
(d) Never being tricked by the Republic.
14. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Reading a note.
(d) Cleaning his gun.
15. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) Lady Blakeny.
(c) The Vicomte.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
2. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
3. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
4. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
5. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)