|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A ship.
(b) A store.
(c) A pub.
(d) An inn.
2. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
3. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
4. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) He is friends with Lord Blakeney.
(b) He went to school with her.
(c) He was in love with her.
(d) He helped her escape France.
6. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
7. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Begins to weep.
(c) Hides her face.
(d) Leaves in a hurry.
8. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) Blakeney's ballroom.
(b) The coffee room.
(c) The seaside cabin.
(d) The yacht.
9. What is Tinville's occupation?
(a) Public Executioner.
(b) Police Chief.
(c) Tax Collector and Revenue Reporter.
(d) Leader of the Committe of Public Safety.
10. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
11. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(d) The Scarlet Pimernel.
12. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) Her home.
13. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She refrains from giving an answer.
(c) She is bullied into accepting.
(d) She refuses.
14. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(b) To watch for imposters.
(c) To keep English men out.
(d) To control trade.
15. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
(b) Hides in a casket.
(c) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Flirts with the guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
2. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
3. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
4. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
5. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)