|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
3. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) The Vicomte.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lady Blakeny.
4. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(b) They write treaties.
(c) They send ambassadors over.
(d) They cut ties.
5. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
(a) The Repulic chief.
(b) The King.
(c) Some friends.
(d) The police.
6. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Throws a drink in his face.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Laughs with him.
7. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
8. What is Antony's title?
9. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) She wants to protect her brother.
(c) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
(d) She wants to protect her reputation.
10. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(b) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(c) Her love for Armand.
(d) The way she feels about the republic.
11. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A small dagger.
(b) A flower.
(c) A note.
(d) A figurine.
12. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) Lord Grenville's house.
(b) The court house.
(c) Lady Blakeney's house.
(d) The town square.
13. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
14. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
15. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
(a) Testify against the Count de Tourney.
(b) Find out who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(c) Reveal who helped the Comtesse escape France.
(d) Write a letter to her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
2. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
3. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
4. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
5. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)