|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The rich.
(b) The women.
(c) The poor.
(d) The men.
2. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(c) The Comtesse.
3. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A horse.
(c) A corpse.
(d) An old woman.
4. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Andrew and Antony.
(d) The man she is to meet.
5. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A seal.
(b) A knife.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
6. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Gives her a note.
(c) Squeezes her hand.
(d) Slaps her.
7. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The docks.
(b) The opera.
(c) Her house.
(d) The market.
8. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
(a) Denied her initial statement.
(b) Protested the trial.
(c) Was a witness for the prosecution.
(d) Tried to defend him.
9. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
10. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Unite the Republic.
(b) Join in the executions.
(c) Free the royalty.
(d) Save the aristocrats.
11. What does Marguerite say she thinks she saw when she approaches the friend of her husband?
(a) A coded message.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A flame.
(d) A pretty bauble.
12. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(c) The Aristocracy.
(d) The Republic.
13. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The lack of French imports.
(b) The French fugitives.
(c) The higher taxes.
(d) The weather.
14. What is Antony's title?
15. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
(a) Her life-style before she met Blakeney.
(b) The way she feels about the republic.
(c) Word of her place in the Marquis's death.
(d) Her love for Armand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
2. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
3. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
4. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
5. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)