|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A horse.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old woman.
2. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(a) They send ambassadors over.
(b) They write treaties.
(d) They cut ties.
3. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Gives her a note.
(b) Squeezes her hand.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Hugs her.
4. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
5. What is Andrew's title?
6. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
7. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
8. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Cleaning his gun.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading a note.
9. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
(a) Unite the Republic.
(b) Join in the executions.
(c) Free the royalty.
(d) Save the aristocrats.
10. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) They travelled together.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) She was engaged to her brother.
(d) She helped her escape.
11. How many people does the Scarlet Pimpernel smuggle out when he tricks the favorite guard?
12. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
13. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A store.
(b) A ship.
(c) An inn.
(d) A pub.
14. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
15. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) She wants to protect her reputation.
(c) She wants to protect her brother.
(d) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chauvelin from?
2. What does Margeurite think will happen if she does not cooperate with Chauvelin?
3. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
4. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
5. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)