|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The coffee room.
(c) The seaside cabin.
(d) Blakeney's ballroom.
2. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
3. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
(a) Protested the trial.
(b) Was a witness for the prosecution.
(c) Tried to defend him.
(d) Denied her initial statement.
4. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
6. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To watch for imposters.
(b) To control trade.
(c) To keep English men out.
(d) To keep fugitives from leaving.
7. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
8. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
9. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
10. Where is Chauvelin from?
11. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
12. Who raised Margeurite?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandparents.
13. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(a) They write treaties.
(c) They cut ties.
(d) They send ambassadors over.
14. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
15. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
2. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
3. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
4. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
5. What is Antony's title?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)