|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Buys drinks for everyone.
(c) Demands attention.
(d) Makes a joke.
2. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A knife.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seal.
3. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(a) They write treaties.
(b) They cut ties.
(c) They send ambassadors over.
4. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
5. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lady Blakeney.
6. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) She wants to protect her brother.
(c) She wants to protect her reputation.
(d) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
7. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A seal.
(b) A note.
(c) A ring.
(d) A knife.
8. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(c) The Aristocracy.
(d) The Republic.
9. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(c) The Comtesse.
10. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
11. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The higher taxes.
(b) The weather.
(c) The lack of French imports.
(d) The French fugitives.
12. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Andrew and Antony.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The man she is to meet.
13. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
14. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Gives her a note.
(d) Squeezes her hand.
15. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
(a) She tells him about her situation.
(b) She lies about his wife.
(c) She tells him nice things.
(d) She fakes being sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
2. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
3. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)