|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
2. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) The coffee room.
(b) The seaside cabin.
(c) The yacht.
(d) Blakeney's ballroom.
3. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
(a) The King and Queen.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Ambassador of France.
(d) The Republic officials.
4. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
(a) The police.
(b) The King.
(c) The Repulic chief.
(d) Some friends.
5. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The French fugitives.
(b) The lack of French imports.
(c) The higher taxes.
(d) The weather.
6. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(b) Begins to weep.
(c) Hides her face.
(d) Leaves in a hurry.
7. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A pub.
(b) An inn.
(c) A ship.
(d) A store.
8. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ship.
(d) A creed.
9. Where is Chauvelin from?
10. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) The court house.
(b) The town square.
(c) Lady Blakeney's house.
(d) Lord Grenville's house.
11. How does Andrew know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) He is friends with Lord Blakeney.
(b) He went to school with her.
(c) He helped her escape France.
(d) He was in love with her.
12. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
13. Who raised Margeurite?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandparents.
14. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
15. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(b) The Comtesse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
2. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
3. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
4. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
5. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)