|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Margeurite's brother?
2. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(c) Lady Blackwell.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
3. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
(a) Lord Grenville.
(c) Lord Blakeney.
4. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
5. Who does the Comtesse credit for her safe removal from France?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) All of these.
6. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They were in prison.
(c) They left her.
(d) They were exiled from France.
7. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
8. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
(a) The Ambassador of France.
(b) The Republic officials.
(c) The King and Queen.
(d) The board of trustees.
9. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The rich.
(b) The men.
(c) The poor.
(d) The women.
10. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(a) The Aristocracy.
(b) The Republic.
11. Who raised Margeurite?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
12. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Laughs with him.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Throws a drink in his face.
13. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
14. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Andrew and Antony.
(b) The man she is to meet.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
15. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
2. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
3. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
4. What is Chauvelin's occupation?
5. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)