|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To watch for imposters.
(b) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(c) To keep English men out.
(d) To control trade.
2. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A knife.
(b) A seal.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
3. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) An opera.
(b) A trial.
(c) A ball.
(d) A play.
4. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) St. Lucas.
(b) St. Cyr.
(c) St. Just.
(d) St. Johns.
5. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Cleaning his gun.
(d) Reading a note.
6. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) A seaside resort.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) Her home.
(d) The marketplace.
7. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
8. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She refrains from giving an answer.
(b) She is bullied into accepting.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She accepts.
9. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
10. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
11. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Leaves in a hurry.
(c) Begins to weep.
(d) Hides her face.
12. What does Marguerite say she thinks she saw when she approaches the friend of her husband?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A pretty bauble.
(c) A flame.
(d) A coded message.
13. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Demands attention.
(b) Buys drinks for everyone.
(c) Makes a joke.
(d) Sings a song.
14. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A horse.
15. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Always finding disguised people.
(b) Never being tricked by the Republic.
(c) Being the best fighter in France.
(d) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
2. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
3. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
4. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
5. Who raised Margeurite?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)