|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
2. Where is the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to Marguerite?
(a) The market.
(b) The opera.
(c) Her house.
(d) The docks.
3. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Reading a note.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Cleaning his gun.
4. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) A trial.
(b) A ball.
(c) An opera.
(d) A play.
5. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His past reputation.
(b) His sickly nature.
(c) The political turmoil.
(d) His admiration of Blakeny.
6. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(b) They cut ties.
(c) They send ambassadors over.
(d) They write treaties.
7. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(b) The Comtesse.
8. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
(a) The Midsummer Night's Dream.
(b) The Dream of Dreams.
(c) The Musing.
(d) The Day Dream.
9. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Hides in a casket.
(b) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Flirts with the guard.
(d) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
10. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) St. Just.
(b) St. Cyr.
(c) St. Johns.
(d) St. Lucas.
11. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
12. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
13. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
(b) The English.
(c) The Republic.
(d) The Aristocracy.
14. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(b) To watch for imposters.
(c) To keep English men out.
(d) To control trade.
15. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(d) Lady Blakeney.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
3. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
4. Who does the Comtesse credit for her safe removal from France?
5. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)