|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Throws a drink in his face.
(c) Laughs with him.
(d) Punches him.
2. What does Marguerite say she thinks she saw when she approaches the friend of her husband?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A coded message.
(c) A pretty bauble.
(d) A flame.
3. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
4. Where is Chauvelin from?
5. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
(c) Lord Blakeney.
6. What did Margeurite do when her evidence against the Marquis St. Cyr came out?
(a) Tried to defend him.
(b) Was a witness for the prosecution.
(c) Protested the trial.
(d) Denied her initial statement.
7. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
8. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
9. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A seal.
(b) A ring.
(c) A knife.
(d) A note.
10. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
(a) Her wit.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her social connections.
(d) Her beauty.
11. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
12. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
(b) They cut ties.
(c) They send ambassadors over.
(d) They write treaties.
13. What is the maiden name of Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) St. Just.
(b) St. Lucas.
(c) St. Cyr.
(d) St. Johns.
14. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too little of?
15. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She is bullied into accepting.
(b) She refrains from giving an answer.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
2. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
3. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
4. What is Andrew's title?
5. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)