|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
(a) Her wit.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her social connections.
2. Who did Margeurite tell some bad information about the Marquis St. Cyr to?
(a) The Repulic chief.
(b) The King.
(c) The police.
(d) Some friends.
3. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lady Blackwell.
5. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(b) To watch for imposters.
(c) To control trade.
(d) To keep English men out.
6. Where does Marguerite follow her husband's friend to after seeing him receive something?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The ballroom.
7. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(b) The Comtesse.
8. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
9. What does Chauvelin do when he sees Antony and Andrew?
(a) Ties them up.
(b) Burns their letter.
(c) Asks for their help.
(d) Offers to help them.
10. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Her uncle was executed.
(b) She was part of the Revolution.
(c) Her family is in prison.
(d) She caused a man to be executed.
11. What is the name of Lord Blakeney's yacht?
(a) The Musing.
(b) The Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) The Day Dream.
(d) The Dream of Dreams.
12. Why does Margeurite give her first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She admires the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) She is afraid of Chauvelin's power.
(c) She wants to protect her reputation.
(d) She wants to protect her brother.
13. What is Margeurite's first response to Chauvelin's request of her?
(a) She refrains from giving an answer.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She is bullied into accepting.
(d) She accepts.
14. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
15. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Andrew and Antony.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The man she is to meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antony's title?
2. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
3. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
4. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
5. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)