|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Leaves in a hurry.
(b) Begins to weep.
(c) Hides her face.
2. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A small dagger.
(b) A note.
(c) A flower.
(d) A figurine.
3. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Never being tricked by the Republic.
(c) Being the best fighter in France.
(d) Always finding disguised people.
4. Where is the Scarlet Pimpernel from?
5. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Squeezes her hand.
(d) Gives her a note.
6. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
7. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) She had to leave all her money.
(b) She could not take her husband with her.
(c) Her son does not like England.
(d) Her daughter was well liked there.
8. How many people does the Scarlet Pimpernel smuggle out when he tricks the favorite guard?
9. What does Chauvelin want Margeurite to use to complete the task he has asked of her?
(a) Her wit.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her social connections.
10. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Reading a note.
(b) Cleaning his gun.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Writing a letter.
11. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They used a hidden society.
(b) They bribed a guard.
(c) They turned in another family.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
12. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They were exiled from France.
(b) They died.
(c) They left her.
(d) They were in prison.
13. What is Tinville's occupation?
(a) Public Executioner.
(b) Leader of the Committe of Public Safety.
(c) Police Chief.
(d) Tax Collector and Revenue Reporter.
14. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His admiration of Blakeny.
(b) His sickly nature.
(c) His past reputation.
(d) The political turmoil.
15. Where is Blakeney's yacht going when Margeurite's brother boards it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
2. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
3. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)