|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Margeurite not raised by her parents?
(a) They left her.
(b) They were exiled from France.
(c) They were in prison.
(d) They died.
2. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
3. How does Suzanne know Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) She was engaged to her brother.
(c) She helped her escape.
(d) They travelled together.
4. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
(a) A flower.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A ship.
(d) A creed.
5. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
(a) The English.
(c) The Republic.
(d) The Aristocracy.
6. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(d) The Comtesse.
7. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(a) The Republic.
(c) The Aristocracy.
8. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 Fortnight.
(d) 1 month.
9. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
(a) He defiled her mother.
(b) He denied her courtship.
(c) He beat her brother.
(d) He imprisoned her parents.
10. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A note.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seal.
11. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) Her home.
(b) The Fisherman's Rest.
(c) A seaside resort.
(d) The marketplace.
12. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) A ball.
(b) A trial.
(c) An opera.
(d) A play.
13. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Cleaning his gun.
(b) Reading a note.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Eating dinner.
14. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A seal.
(b) A knife.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
15. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) The man she is to meet.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Andrew and Antony.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Scarlet Pimpernel from?
2. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
3. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
4. What kind of comments does Lord Blakeney's wife make when around her husband in public?
5. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)