|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
2. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(b) Lord Blakeney.
(c) Lady Blakeny.
(d) The Vicomte.
4. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Flirts with the guard.
(b) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
(c) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Hides in a casket.
5. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jallywag.
(b) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(c) Mr. Jellyband.
(d) Mr. Jollyman.
6. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
7. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Makes a joke.
(b) Demands attention.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Buys drinks for everyone.
8. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
9. Who does Marguerite look for just after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) The man she is to meet.
(b) Andrew and Antony.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
10. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(a) The Comtesse.
11. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
(b) Lord Grenville.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
12. Where is Chauvelin from?
13. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Leaves in a hurry.
(b) Begins to weep.
(d) Hides her face.
14. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
(a) The Republic officials.
(b) The Ambassador of France.
(c) The board of trustees.
(d) The King and Queen.
15. Where do Antony and Andrew discuss their next mission?
(a) The coffee room.
(b) The seaside cabin.
(c) Blakeney's ballroom.
(d) The yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
2. Who is Margeurite's closest friend?
3. What changed the relationship between Margeurite and her husband?
4. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
5. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)