|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are banished.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) All of the above.
2. How does Marguerite feel after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
3. What is left every time a fugitive is rescued?
(a) A small dagger.
(b) A figurine.
(c) A flower.
(d) A note.
4. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
5. How was the Comtesse able to flee France?
(a) They used a hidden society.
(b) They bribed a guard.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel got them out.
(d) They turned in another family.
6. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) Her daughter was well liked there.
(b) Her son does not like England.
(c) She could not take her husband with her.
(d) She had to leave all her money.
7. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jallywag.
(b) Mr. Jollyman.
(c) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(d) Mr. Jellyband.
8. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(c) The Comtesse.
9. Who raised Margeurite?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
10. What made Margeurite willing to obey Chauvelin?
(a) His romantic advances.
(b) His promise to return her to France.
(c) His threat against her brother.
(d) His revelation about the Scarlet Pimpernel's motives.
11. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
(a) Cleaning his gun.
(b) Reading a note.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Writing a letter.
12. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A knife.
(b) A seal.
(c) A ring.
(d) A note.
13. What is Andrew's title?
14. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To control trade.
(b) To keep English men out.
(c) To watch for imposters.
(d) To keep fugitives from leaving.
15. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
(a) Her niece.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marguerite dance with the night of her second meeting with Chauvelin?
2. What is the Comtesses daughter's name?
3. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
4. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
5. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)