|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
2. What does Marguerite say she thinks she saw when she approaches the friend of her husband?
(a) A pretty bauble.
(b) A coded message.
(c) A flame.
(d) A love letter.
3. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
(a) To control trade.
(b) To keep fugitives from leaving.
(c) To watch for imposters.
(d) To keep English men out.
4. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) An inn.
(b) A pub.
(c) A store.
(d) A ship.
5. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
(a) Lord Jellyband.
(d) The Scarlet Pimernel.
6. What does Chauvelin say he has to have before he will fulfill his side of the bargain with Margeurite?
(a) The plans for the next mission of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) The Scarlet Pimpernel in his custody.
(c) The ledger carried by the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) The seal and ring of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
7. What does the Comtesse do when Lord Blakeney enters the room?
(a) Hides her face.
(c) Begins to weep.
(d) Leaves in a hurry.
8. Who raised Margeurite?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandparents.
9. What does the favorite guard in France brag about?
(a) Fighting with the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(b) Always finding disguised people.
(c) Never being tricked by the Republic.
(d) Being the best fighter in France.
10. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
11. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
12. Who is causing the revolution in France?
(c) The Republic.
(d) The Aristocracy.
13. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) Lord Blakeney.
(b) Lady Blakeny.
(d) The Vicomte.
14. Where is the Fisherman's Rest?
15. Why is Margeurite worried about her brother when he boards Blakeney's yacht?
(a) His admiration of Blakeny.
(b) His past reputation.
(c) The political turmoil.
(d) His sickly nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were with Chauvelin in the Fisherman's Rest?
2. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
3. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
4. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
5. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)