|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
2. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 Fortnight.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
3. Who did the item that Chauvelin found among the the belongings of the men he captured belong to?
(a) Lady Blakeney.
(b) Lord Blakeney.
4. What is Antony's title?
5. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
6. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jallywag.
(b) Mr. Jellyband.
(c) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(d) Mr. Jollyman.
7. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) Her daughter was well liked there.
(b) Her son does not like England.
(c) She had to leave all her money.
(d) She could not take her husband with her.
8. What is a man at the Fisherman's Rest complaining about to the owner?
(a) The weather.
(b) The French fugitives.
(c) The higher taxes.
(d) The lack of French imports.
9. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
(a) The Republic.
(c) The English.
(d) The Aristocracy.
10. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
11. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
(a) The Fisherman's Rest.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Her home.
12. How many of the Scarlet Pimpernel's men does Chauvelin say he has captured?
13. What does Marguerite act like in public after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
14. What did Chauvelin say he found among the belongings of the men he captured?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A seal.
15. What does Margeurite see handed to a friend of her husband's?
(a) A note.
(b) A knife.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
2. What is the Scarlet Pimpernel dressed as when he passes the favorite guard in France?
3. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
4. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
5. What is Andrew doing when Chauvelin approaches him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)