|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Comtesse's son do when he meets Lord Blakeney?
(a) Laughs with him.
(b) Throws a drink in his face.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Punches him.
2. Where does Margeurite's brother board Blakeney's yacht?
3. Who does Chauvelin say will be willing to help him after he meets with Antony and Andrew?
(a) The Vicomte.
(c) Lady Blakeny.
(d) Lord Blakeney.
4. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
5. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Makes a joke.
(b) Demands attention.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Buys drinks for everyone.
6. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
7. What does Chauvelin ask Margeurite to do for him?
(a) Reveal who helped the Comtesse escape France.
(b) Find out who the Scarlet Pimpernel is.
(c) Write a letter to her brother.
(d) Testify against the Count de Tourney.
8. Why did Margeurite turn in the Marquis St. Cyr?
(a) He denied her courtship.
(b) He imprisoned her parents.
(c) He defiled her mother.
(d) He beat her brother.
9. What is the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) A pub.
(b) A store.
(c) A ship.
(d) An inn.
10. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
(a) All of the above.
(b) They are banished.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are executed.
11. Who does Margeurite turn to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
12. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
(a) 1 Fortnight.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 year.
13. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Lord Blakeney's wife say her husband has too much of?
15. Where does Margeurite head after her brother boards her husband's yacht?
(a) The Fisherman's Rest.
(b) A seaside resort.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) Her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
2. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
3. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
4. Who is with Margeurite in the second place Chauvelin comes to speak to her?
5. Where is Lord Blakeney's wife going when Andrew learns a sad fact about her?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)