Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Paris: September 1792, Chapter 2, Dover: 'The Fisherman's Rest', and Chapter 3, The Refugees
1. Who is causing the revolution in France?
2. Who is being targeted in the revolution in France?
3. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
The King and Queen.
4. What is done to the enemies of the new government in France?
They are executed.
5. What does the English government do about the chaos caused by the French Revolution?
6. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
7. What does the man called the Scarlet Pimpernel decide to do about the Revolution in France?
Save the aristocrats.
8. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
9. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
To keep fugitives from leaving.
10. Where is the Scarlet...
This section contains 2,538 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)