|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, Chapter 5, Marguerite, and Chapter 6, An Exquisite of '92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) She caused a man to be executed.
(b) She was part of the Revolution.
(c) Her uncle was executed.
(d) Her family is in prison.
2. What is the name of the owner of the Fisherman's Rest?
(a) Mr. Jollyman.
(b) Mr. Jellyband.
(c) Mr. Jollbrooke.
(d) Mr. Jallywag.
3. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
4. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
5. What title does Lord Blakeney's wife have after her marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
2. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
3. How is the Comtesse's son left feeling after his first encounter with Lord Blakeney?
4. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
5. Why are there guards at all the gates in Paris?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)