|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, Chapter 5, Marguerite, and Chapter 6, An Exquisite of '92.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Lord Blakeney the first time we meet him?
(a) A handsome charmer.
(b) All of these.
(c) A man of many colors.
(d) A foolish bloke.
2. How many men help the Scarlet Pimpernel at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the Scarlet Pimpernel get by the favorite guard in France?
(a) Pretends a passenger has the plague.
(b) Flirts with the guard.
(c) Makes fun of the Scarlet Pimpernel.
(d) Hides in a casket.
4. What is Andrew's title?
5. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
(d) The Comtesse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is imprisoned by the new government in France?
2. Who does the Comtesse force to follow her lead when she meets Lord Blakeney?
3. What exists between the Blakeneys in public?
4. What is a scarlet pimpernel?
5. What is the title of the Comtesse's son?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)