|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Mysterious Device, Chapter 19, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Chapter 20, The Friend, Chapter 21, Suspense, and Chapter 22, Calais.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Blakeney say her husband acts towards her when they are alone together?
2. What does Lord Blakeney do when he enters the room?
(a) Buys drinks for everyone.
(b) Demands attention.
(c) Makes a joke.
(d) Sings a song.
3. What do the owners of the place Marguerite eats supper at think she is sailing away for?
(a) To escape the law.
(b) To attend a trial.
(c) To have an affair.
(d) To save a fugitive.
4. How does Marguerite get what she wants from the friend of her husband?
(a) She fakes being sick.
(b) She tells him nice things.
(c) She lies about his wife.
(d) She tells him about her situation.
5. What does the Comtesse regret about her removal from France?
(a) She had to leave all her money.
(b) Her son does not like England.
(c) She could not take her husband with her.
(d) Her daughter was well liked there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margeurite act towards Chauvelin the second time he approaches her?
2. How soon does Andrew think the Comtesse will have what she wants in England?
3. Who does Margeurite wish she could speak to after her second encounter with Chauvelin?
4. Who does Andrew say will make things better for the Comtesse in England?
5. Who does Marguerite confide in when she realizes her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)