|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Mysterious Device, Chapter 19, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Chapter 20, The Friend, Chapter 21, Suspense, and Chapter 22, Calais.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne do when she sees Lord Blakeney's wife?
(a) Squeezes her hand.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Gives her a note.
2. Where will be the event that Chuavelin says the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
(a) The court house.
(b) Lord Grenville's house.
(c) Lady Blakeney's house.
(d) The town square.
3. Why is Marguerite not able to leave when she wants to to find her husband?
(a) The regulations have changed.
(b) The yacht is damaged.
(c) The outgoing port is blocked.
(d) The weather is bad.
4. What is the man sailing with Marguerite to meet her husband dressed as when he arrives?
(a) A lackey.
(b) A steward.
(c) A French soldier.
(d) A nobleman.
5. What does Marguerite receive shortly after realizing her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some flowers.
(d) A ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Comtesse's son say is most bitter against aristocrats in France?
2. What event does Chuavelin say the Scarlet Pimpernel will be attending the night he sees Margeurite for the second time?
3. What does Chauvelin offer Marguerite in return for her help?
4. Who caused the Marquis de St. Cyr to be executed?
5. What is the sad fact Andrew learns about Lord Blakeney's wife?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)