* The French Revolution has begun, and the aristocrats are being publicly executed by the Republic.
* The King and Queen have been imprisoned, and England is not stepping in because they have their own difficulties at the time.
* The Scarlet Pimpernel is an Englishman who has taken it on himself to rescue some of the aristocrats by himself.
* He goes in disguised and sneaks them out. He always leaves a note for Tinville with a small flower on it, a scarlet pimpernel.
* The Scarlet Pimpernel gets by the best gate guard in Paris by dressing up as an old woman with a grandson who has the plague.
* This is how he rescues Comtesse De Tournay and her children.
* Mr. Jellyband owns an inn where some of his patrons are complaining about the Revolution and the French refugees...
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)