|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
2. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
3. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
4. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
5. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
Essay Topic 1
Bernice's grandmother is hesitant to have Alvord operate on her granddaughter because of past experiences with Anglos.
Part 1: How do you think Bernice's grandmother feels about surgeons?
Part 2: Why do you think the grandmother is unwilling to separate her history from the present day experience?
Part 3: Do you think Alvord should have talked to the child's father in order to get permission to operate?
Essay Topic 2
Carolyn's sister tells her that the cancer is all her fault, which might be shocking to some readers.
Part 1: Do you think that cancer is every anyone's fault? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if your sibling told you what Carolyn's sister told her?
Part 3: Why do you think Carolyn's sister felt she needed to tell her about the possible cause of her cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Alvord comes to see alcoholism as a disease after witnessing the way it impacts the Navajo people.
Part 1: How would you define the condition of alcoholism?
Part 2: Do you think the alcoholism is a problem that can be stopped in the Navajo people?
Part 3: Why would a people who want to live in balance turn to alcohol?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)