Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
5. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
Essay Topic 1
Alvord has troubles with dissecting a cadaver as the Navajo believe the dead should not be touched.
Part 1: Why do you think it is not respectful to touch the dead, according to the Navajo tradition?
Part 2: Do you think Alvord should have dissected the cadaver anyway?
Part 3: What might you have done if you were in Alvord's position?
Essay Topic 2
Alvord had to make a difficult decision when she left the reservation to attend her school.
Part 1: Why is it difficult for Alvord to leave the reservation?
Part 2: How could Alvord have made the transition smoother for herself and for her family?
Part 3: Do you think it's always necessary to be uncomfortable in order to become successful or educated?
Essay Topic 3
Alvord realized the value of having her patients trust her when she was working with and on them.
Part 1: Why does a patient need to trust their doctor?
Part 2: What happens when a patient does not trust their doctor?
Part 3: How can a patient's health be impacted by a less than positive relationship with a doctor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)