|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ideal operating room would be one full of _______ in which everyone knew each other.
2. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
3. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
4. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
5. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
Essay Topic 1
A medicine man is the one who realizes the cause of the unexplained deaths in the Navajo reservation.
Part 1: Why do you think no one else could determine the possible cause of the Navajo plague?
Part 2: How is it that the media didn't point out the help of the medicine man?
Part 3: Do you think anyone else would have been able to determine the cause of the plague?
Essay Topic 2
When a Navajo person becomes ill, they wonder what ritual or norm they broke.
Part 1: How might being out of balance in life lead to sickness?
Part 2: Why do you think the Navajo don't necessarily think of a virus or a germ causing them to be sick?
Part 3: What do you think when you first begin to show signs of illness?
Essay Topic 3
Alvord's mother was unlike other Navajo mothers, encouraging her daughters to want more in life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to encourage children to want more out of life?
Part 2: Why do you think the Navajo do not encourage children to want more from life?
Part 3: How do you feel about wanting more out of your own life?
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)