|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
2. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
3. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
4. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
5. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alvord realized the value of having her patients trust her when she was working with and on them.
Part 1: Why does a patient need to trust their doctor?
Part 2: What happens when a patient does not trust their doctor?
Part 3: How can a patient's health be impacted by a less than positive relationship with a doctor?
Essay Topic 2
Carolyn's sister tells her that the cancer is all her fault, which might be shocking to some readers.
Part 1: Do you think that cancer is every anyone's fault? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if your sibling told you what Carolyn's sister told her?
Part 3: Why do you think Carolyn's sister felt she needed to tell her about the possible cause of her cancer?
Essay Topic 3
Alvord did not have a strong bedside manner at the start of her career, though she sought to change this.
Part 1: What are the benefits of having a positive bedside manner?
Part 2: What are some of the benefits of having a less than friendly bedside manner?
Part 3: Would you rather have a friendly doctor or a doctor who doesn't mince words? Why?
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)