|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
2. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
3. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
4. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
5. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
Essay Topic 1
Alvord did not do well in the sciences when she first attended college, but she changed her attitude and her grades later on.
Part 1: Why do you think Alvord was unable to do well in the sciences at first?
Part 2: How did Alvord begin to grow more confident in her knowledge of the sciences?
Part 3: Do you think a person that is not strong in sciences can become a good doctor?
Essay Topic 2
Alvord realized the value of having her patients trust her when she was working with and on them.
Part 1: Why does a patient need to trust their doctor?
Part 2: What happens when a patient does not trust their doctor?
Part 3: How can a patient's health be impacted by a less than positive relationship with a doctor?
Essay Topic 3
Alvord's mother was unlike other Navajo mothers, encouraging her daughters to want more in life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to encourage children to want more out of life?
Part 2: Why do you think the Navajo do not encourage children to want more from life?
Part 3: How do you feel about wanting more out of your own life?
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)