Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
5. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
A medicine man is the one who realizes the cause of the unexplained deaths in the Navajo reservation.
Part 1: Why do you think no one else could determine the possible cause of the Navajo plague?
Part 2: How is it that the media didn't point out the help of the medicine man?
Part 3: Do you think anyone else would have been able to determine the cause of the plague?
When a Navajo person becomes ill, they wonder what ritual or norm they broke.
Part 1: How might being out of balance in life lead to sickness?
Part 2: Why do you think the Navajo don't necessarily think of a virus or a germ causing them to be sick?
Part 3: What do you think when you first begin to show signs of illness?
The Navajo think that singing can help people bring their bodies back into a state of wellness.
Part 1: How do you think singing helps people begin to heal their bodies?
Part 2: Would you use a song in order to make yourself feel better?
Part 3: Why do you think a song might make a person feel better about their health issues?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)