|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(a) Dear Juniper.
3. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
4. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Star Way.
(b) Chant Way.
(c) Moon Light Way.
(d) Night Way.
5. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
(a) White boarding schools.
(c) Sterilization clinics.
(d) Army quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
3. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
4. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
5. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
2. What does Jon tell Dr. Alvord when Jon's dog becomes seriously injured as a result of a car accident?
3. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
4. What is the problem with Melanie Begay's appendix surgery?
5. What happens behind Bernice's back as the hospital staff attempts to get Melanie the surgery she needs?
6. What happens when Alvord works on a surgery with an Army Special Forces medic trainee, according to the book?
7. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
8. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
9. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
10. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)