|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) His father.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Her father.
(d) The chief resident.
2. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Benign tumor removal.
(b) Breast augmentation.
(c) Appendix removal.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
3. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
4. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Fort Bragg.
5. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
2. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
3. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
4. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
5. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
2. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
3. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
4. What is special about Thomas' position as a medicine man in 1955?
5. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
6. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
7. What does Jon tell Dr. Alvord when Jon's dog becomes seriously injured as a result of a car accident?
8. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
9. What is the problem with Melanie Begay's appendix surgery?
10. What does Alvord believe happened during Florena's surgery, which may have led to her death?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)