|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
2. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(d) Blood vesssel.
5. What is the ceremony that Thomas has performed in the past, even though he is one of the youngest medicine men?
(a) Honor Way.
(b) Baby Way.
(c) Chant Way.
(d) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
2. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
3. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
4. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
5. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
2. What are some of the accolades that Alvord enjoys as a result of helping with the Dartmouth Native American Program?
3. What happens behind Bernice's back as the hospital staff attempts to get Melanie the surgery she needs?
4. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
5. What is so special to the Navajo about a baby's first laugh, according to Alvord?
6. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
7. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
8. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
9. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
10. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)