|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(c) Have a ceremony.
2. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Stomach aches.
(c) Pelvic pain.
(d) Kidney infections.
3. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
4. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
5. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(b) Clinical studies.
(d) Magazine articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
3. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
4. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
5. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What happens when Alvord works on a surgery with an Army Special Forces medic trainee, according to the book?
3. What is the problem with Melanie Begay's appendix surgery?
4. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
5. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
6. What is the experience of Bernice that causes her to be afraid of doctors and of surgeries?
7. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
8. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
9. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
10. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)