|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
2. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Benign tumor removal.
(b) Breast augmentation.
(c) Appendix removal.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
3. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
4. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
3. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
4. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
5. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
2. What happens behind Bernice's back as the hospital staff attempts to get Melanie the surgery she needs?
3. What does Alvord believe happened during Florena's surgery, which may have led to her death?
4. What happens when Alvord first becomes pregnant with her first child?
5. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
6. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
7. What is so special to the Navajo about a baby's first laugh, according to Alvord?
8. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
9. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
10. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)