|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(b) Fort Bragg.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
3. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
(a) Restraining order.
(b) New guardian.
(c) Court order.
4. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(b) Continuing education.
5. The _______ want to run their own health care system, outside of the Indian Health Service, which Alvord supports.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
2. What is another word for medicine man, as well as being the last name given to Thomas?
3. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
4. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
5. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
2. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
3. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
4. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
5. What is the problem with Melanie Begay's appendix surgery?
6. What happens when Alvord first becomes pregnant with her first child?
7. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
8. What is so special to the Navajo about a baby's first laugh, according to Alvord?
9. What does Jon tell Dr. Alvord when Jon's dog becomes seriously injured as a result of a car accident?
10. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)