|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
(a) Army quarters.
(c) Sterilization clinics.
(d) White boarding schools.
2. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
3. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
4. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
5. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
(a) Her hospital gown.
(c) Red sash.
(d) Umbilical cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
2. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
5. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
2. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
3. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
4. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
6. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
7. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
8. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
9. What is special about Thomas' position as a medicine man in 1955?
10. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)