|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
(a) Red sash.
(b) White paint.
(c) A symbol.
(d) Red jewels.
2. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) His father.
(b) The chief resident.
(c) Her father.
(d) Medicine man.
3. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
4. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
5. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
(a) Umbilical cord.
(b) Red sash.
(d) Her hospital gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
3. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
4. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
5. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alvord hesitant to become involved with a white man, according to her writing?
2. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
3. What is the experience of Bernice that causes her to be afraid of doctors and of surgeries?
4. What are some of the accolades that Alvord enjoys as a result of helping with the Dartmouth Native American Program?
5. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
6. What is the problem with Melanie Begay's appendix surgery?
7. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
8. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
10. What does Alvord believe happened during Florena's surgery, which may have led to her death?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)