|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(b) Have a ceremony.
2. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
3. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Air Force.
(b) New Mexico Navy.
(c) New Mexico National Guard.
(d) New Mexico Army.
4. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(b) False labor.
(d) Mother's condition.
5. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
2. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
3. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
4. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
5. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
2. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
3. What happens when Alvord first becomes pregnant with her first child?
4. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
5. What does Alvord do in order to support her child's harmony and health during her pregnancy?
6. What is the experience of Bernice that causes her to be afraid of doctors and of surgeries?
7. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
8. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
9. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
10. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)