|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(a) Her marriage.
(d) Her life vs. her baby's life.
4. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
5. The _______ want to run their own health care system, outside of the Indian Health Service, which Alvord supports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
2. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
3. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
4. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
5. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jon tell Dr. Alvord when Jon's dog becomes seriously injured as a result of a car accident?
2. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
3. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
4. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
5. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
6. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
7. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
8. What is placed on Alvord's body during the c-section procedure?
9. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
10. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)