|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Moon Light Way.
(b) Star Way.
(c) Chant Way.
(d) Night Way.
2. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) One minute.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
3. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(d) Have a ceremony.
4. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
5. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Mold spores.
(b) Rat droppings.
(d) Wet spots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
2. What is the nickname that Alvord has already given to her new child, according to this part of the story?
3. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
4. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
5. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
2. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
3. Why is Alvord hesitant to become involved with a white man, according to her writing?
4. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
5. What does Jon tell Dr. Alvord when Jon's dog becomes seriously injured as a result of a car accident?
6. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
7. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
8. What happens when Alvord first becomes pregnant with her first child?
9. What happens when Alvord works on a surgery with an Army Special Forces medic trainee, according to the book?
10. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)