|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
2. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
3. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
4. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) Her father.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) His father.
(d) The chief resident.
5. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
2. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
3. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
4. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
5. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
2. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
3. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
4. What happens when Alvord works on a surgery with an Army Special Forces medic trainee, according to the book?
5. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
6. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
7. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
8. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
9. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
10. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)