|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(a) Have a ceremony.
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(c) Dear Juniper.
4. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
5. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
2. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
3. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
4. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
5. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the accolades that Alvord enjoys as a result of helping with the Dartmouth Native American Program?
2. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
3. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
4. What is so special to the Navajo about a baby's first laugh, according to Alvord?
5. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
6. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
7. Why is Alvord hesitant to become involved with a white man, according to her writing?
8. What is the experience of Bernice that causes her to be afraid of doctors and of surgeries?
9. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
10. What is special about Thomas' position as a medicine man in 1955?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)