|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(a) Healing agent.
(b) Holy person.
2. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(b) Lack of control.
3. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
4. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
5. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
(a) Court order.
(b) Restraining order.
(c) New guardian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
2. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
3. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
4. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
5. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alvord first becomes pregnant with her first child?
2. What happens behind Bernice's back as the hospital staff attempts to get Melanie the surgery she needs?
3. Why is Alvord hesitant to become involved with a white man, according to her writing?
4. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
5. What does Alvord do in order to support her child's harmony and health during her pregnancy?
6. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
7. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
8. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
9. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
10. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)