|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
2. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
3. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her life vs. her baby's life.
4. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
5. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
2. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
3. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
4. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
5. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special to the Navajo about a baby's first laugh, according to Alvord?
2. What does Alvord believe happened during Florena's surgery, which may have led to her death?
3. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
5. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
6. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
7. What happens when Alvord works on a surgery with an Army Special Forces medic trainee, according to the book?
8. What does a Navajo healer track, according to Alvord's findings?
9. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
10. What is the experience of Bernice that causes her to be afraid of doctors and of surgeries?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)