|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
(a) Native American.
(b) Practical Medicine.
(c) Integrated Medicine.
(d) Dual Medicine.
2. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
2. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
3. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
4. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
5. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alvord hesitant to become involved with a white man, according to her writing?
2. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What do the medicine men point out to Alvord and others when the deaths begin to occur in the reservation?
4. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
5. What is the added problem that comes along with the larger than normal harvest on the reservation?
6. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
7. What does Alvord find out from John when they go out for lunch together, according to the book?
8. What is special about Thomas' position as a medicine man in 1955?
9. Why does Alvord choose the name she does for her child during her pregnancy?
10. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)