|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Wet spots.
(b) Rat droppings.
(d) Mold spores.
2. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
3. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(b) Continue with surgery.
(c) See a medicine man.
(d) Take medication.
4. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
(b) Glass ceiling.
(c) Future beliefs.
5. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(a) Continuing education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
2. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
3. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
4. What is the ceremony that Thomas has performed in the past, even though he is one of the youngest medicine men?
5. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)