|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
3. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
4. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
2. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
3. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
4. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
5. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvord's pregnancy cause her to become reacquainted with, according to the book?
2. How does Alvord describe the ideal hospital setting, which is unlike the traditional setting?
3. What does Alvord do in order to support her child's harmony and health during her pregnancy?
4. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
5. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
6. What is special about Thomas' position as a medicine man in 1955?
7. What happens to Kodi's grandmother, Grace, at the beginning of this chapter?
8. What are some of the feelings that Alvord has during the ceremony that Thomas does for Alvord and her child?
9. What does Alvord believe happened during Florena's surgery, which may have led to her death?
10. Why is Alvord encouraged to go see a medicine man during her pregnancy?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)