Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
3. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(b) Water chants.
4. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
5. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
2. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
3. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has an alcohol problem, which leads Alvord to see alcoholism as a disease?
2. What do the Navajo people think causes cancer in those who are stricken with it?
3. What does Alvord think about patient histories and how they describe the patients?
4. What are the allegations made against the Indian Health Service in the 1950s?
5. What is one of the most important parts of Navajo healing in the culture?
6. What are some of the roles that a woman may play within the matriarchal society of the Navajo?
7. What does Alvord want to remember as she is experiencing the labor and its complications?
8. What do Alvord and Jon decide to do to begin the labor process with Kodi?
9. What does Thomas Hataathlii perform and do as his profession?
10. What is the elective surgery that Florena Woody has, which is generally complication free?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)