|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(a) Loyola Marymount.
2. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
(a) Night Chant.
(b) Beauty Way.
(c) Beauty Chant.
(d) Night Way.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
5. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver bear.
(b) Silver fox.
(c) Silver snake.
(d) Silver spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
3. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
4. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
5. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the background of Alvord's parents which makes her distinctly capable of working within two worlds of thought?
2. What happens during the surgery of Evelyn Bitsui, which leads to Alvord improving her bedside manner?
3. What was the background of one of Alvord's grandfathers, which allows her grandmother to understand Alvord's conflict?
4. What does Alvord find helps her in the education process, though she had not done well in previous biology courses?
5. What does Alvord think about patient histories and how they describe the patients?
6. What is the ancestral diet of the Navajo, according to Alvord?
7. What was special about the student population at Dartmouth, where Alvord sent her college application?
8. What did other doctors at the Gallup Indian Medical Center find challenging?
9. What is something Alvord's mother teaches her, though it is not common in the Navajo culture?
10. What does Alvord have to do as a child growing up that causes her to choose between her heritages?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)