|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
2. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
3. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(a) Water chants.
4. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
2. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
3. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of job does Alvord have when she is fourteen and living on the reservation?
2. What is the ancestral diet of the Navajo, according to Alvord?
3. What is something Alvord's mother teaches her, though it is not common in the Navajo culture?
4. What is one of the most important parts of Navajo healing in the culture?
5. What happens among the Navajo people when Alvord becomes a doctor?
6. What are the Navajo discouraged from doing in order to become more humble?
7. What is the problem that requires Dezbah Tsosie to have surgery with Alvord?
8. What does Alvord arrange for a cancer patient, Carolyn Yazzie, when she is diagnosed with breast cancer?
9. Why are end of life decisions difficult for many Navajos to make, according to Alvord's observations?
10. What happens to Alvord's father after his troubles with alcohol?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)