|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Healing practices.
5. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(a) Continuing education.
6. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
7. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(b) In the last year of residency.
(c) Too happy.
8. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(c) Stomach virus.
(d) Severe respiratory distress.
9. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
10. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(b) Clinical studies.
(c) Magazine articles.
11. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
12. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
13. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's mother.
(b) Melanie's brother.
(c) Melanie's grandmother.
(d) Melanie's father.
14. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
(a) Tuba City.
(c) El Paso.
(d) Mexico City.
15. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Breast augmentation.
(b) Gallbladder surgery.
(c) Appendix removal.
(d) Benign tumor removal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
2. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
3. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
4. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
5. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)