|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(b) Father in laws.
(d) Mother in laws.
2. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
3. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) One minute.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
4. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
5. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Wet spots.
(c) Mold spores.
(d) Rat droppings.
6. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
7. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
(d) Native Americans.
8. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(b) Magazine articles.
(c) Clinical studies.
9. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(b) Lack of control.
10. The ideal operating room would be one full of _______ in which everyone knew each other.
11. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
12. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
13. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
14. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
15. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Air Force.
(b) New Mexico Army.
(c) New Mexico National Guard.
(d) New Mexico Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
2. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
3. The _______ want to run their own health care system, outside of the Indian Health Service, which Alvord supports.
4. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
5. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)