|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
(a) New guardian.
(c) Court order.
(d) Restraining order.
2. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Indian Health Service.
(b) Interconnected Heart Service.
(c) Interfaith Health Service.
(d) Indian Hurt Service.
3. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Wet spots.
(b) Rat droppings.
(c) Mold spores.
4. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's father.
(b) Melanie's grandmother.
(c) Melanie's brother.
(d) Melanie's mother.
5. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
6. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
7. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(a) Father in laws.
(c) Mother in laws.
8. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(a) Stomach virus.
(d) Severe respiratory distress.
9. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(b) Blood vesssel.
10. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(a) No one.
(b) Maria Herrera.
(d) Her father's brother.
11. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
12. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(b) Bad luck.
13. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
14. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
15. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
2. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
5. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)