Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(b) Army ranger.
(c) Medic trainee.
(d) Pediatric specialist.
5. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) San Francisco.
6. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
7. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(b) No one.
(c) Her father's brother.
(d) Maria Herrera.
8. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(b) Too happy.
(d) In the last year of residency.
9. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
10. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
11. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
12. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's father.
(b) Melanie's grandmother.
(c) Melanie's brother.
(d) Melanie's mother.
13. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
(a) Dual Medicine.
(b) Integrated Medicine.
(c) Practical Medicine.
(d) Native American.
14. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
15. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
2. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
3. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
4. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
5. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)