|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Warring tribes.
(b) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Other tribes.
2. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(c) Blood vesssel.
3. What is the nickname that Alvord has already given to her new child, according to this part of the story?
4. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
5. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
6. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
7. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Indian Health Service.
(b) Indian Hurt Service.
(c) Interconnected Heart Service.
(d) Interfaith Health Service.
8. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
9. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Chant Way.
(b) Night Way.
(c) Star Way.
(d) Moon Light Way.
10. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
11. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
(a) New guardian.
(b) Restraining order.
(d) Court order.
12. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Pelvic pain.
(c) Stomach aches.
(d) Kidney infections.
13. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(c) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
14. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
15. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(b) Army ranger.
(c) Medic trainee.
(d) Pediatric specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
2. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. What is the ceremony that Thomas has performed in the past, even though he is one of the youngest medicine men?
5. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)