|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
2. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
3. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Pinon nuts.
(c) Brazil nuts.
4. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
5. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
6. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Air Force.
(b) New Mexico Army.
(c) New Mexico Navy.
(d) New Mexico National Guard.
7. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Interconnected Heart Service.
(b) Interfaith Health Service.
(c) Indian Health Service.
(d) Indian Hurt Service.
8. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(a) Dear Juniper.
9. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(b) Blood vesssel.
10. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Appendix removal.
(b) Breast augmentation.
(c) Benign tumor removal.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
11. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
12. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(c) Lack of control.
13. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
14. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
15. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
2. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
3. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
4. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
5. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)