|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ideal operating room would be one full of _______ in which everyone knew each other.
2. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
3. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
(d) Native Americans.
4. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
5. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
6. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
7. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico National Guard.
(b) New Mexico Air Force.
(c) New Mexico Navy.
(d) New Mexico Army.
8. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
9. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
10. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(a) Her marriage.
(c) Her life vs. her baby's life.
11. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(b) Bad luck.
12. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Other tribes.
(c) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Warring tribes.
13. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) The chief resident.
(b) His father.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) Her father.
14. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
15. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
2. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
3. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
4. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
5. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)