|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
2. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(d) Blood vesssel.
3. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
4. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) Her father.
(b) His father.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) The chief resident.
5. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(a) Army ranger.
(b) Pediatric specialist.
(c) Medic trainee.
6. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
7. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
8. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One minute.
9. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
10. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(c) Continuing education.
11. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
12. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(a) In the last year of residency.
(b) Too happy.
13. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
14. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
15. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
2. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
3. What is another word for medicine man, as well as being the last name given to Thomas?
4. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
5. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)