|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's brother.
(b) Melanie's mother.
(c) Melanie's father.
(d) Melanie's grandmother.
2. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Navy.
(b) New Mexico Army.
(c) New Mexico Air Force.
(d) New Mexico National Guard.
3. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
4. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
5. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(a) Stomach virus.
(c) Severe respiratory distress.
6. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
7. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
8. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
(a) Red sash.
(b) Her hospital gown.
(d) Umbilical cord.
9. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
(a) Practical Medicine.
(b) Integrated Medicine.
(c) Native American.
(d) Dual Medicine.
10. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(a) Maria Herrera.
(b) Her father's brother.
(d) No one.
11. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
12. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
13. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
14. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Chant Way.
(b) Moon Light Way.
(c) Night Way.
(d) Star Way.
15. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
2. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
3. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
4. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
5. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)