|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(b) Severe respiratory distress.
(c) Stomach virus.
2. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
3. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
(d) Native Americans.
4. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(b) Other tribes.
(c) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Warring tribes.
5. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
6. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Air Force.
(b) New Mexico Navy.
(c) New Mexico National Guard.
(d) New Mexico Army.
7. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
8. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
9. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Fort Bragg.
10. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
11. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(b) Dear Juniper.
12. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(b) Lack of control.
13. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
14. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
15. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(c) Have a ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ceremony that Thomas has performed in the past, even though he is one of the youngest medicine men?
2. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
3. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
4. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
5. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)