|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
2. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(d) Dear Juniper.
3. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her life vs. her baby's life.
4. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
(a) Red sash.
(b) A symbol.
(c) Red jewels.
(d) White paint.
5. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Governments in New Mexico.
(c) Warring tribes.
(d) Other tribes.
6. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(b) Medicine man.
7. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
8. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
9. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
10. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
11. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(b) Mother in laws.
(c) Father in laws.
12. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
13. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(a) Lack of control.
14. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(b) Clinical studies.
(c) Magazine articles.
15. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
2. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
3. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
4. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)