|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
2. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
3. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(a) Blood vesssel.
4. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
5. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
6. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(a) Medic trainee.
(b) Pediatric specialist.
(c) Army ranger.
7. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
8. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father's brother.
(d) Maria Herrera.
9. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(a) Medicine man.
10. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
11. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(c) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
12. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
13. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(a) Her marriage.
(d) Her life vs. her baby's life.
14. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
15. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico National Guard.
(b) New Mexico Navy.
(c) New Mexico Army.
(d) New Mexico Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
2. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
3. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
4. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
5. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)