|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(b) Animal doctor.
(c) Medicine woman.
2. What is the ceremony that Thomas has performed in the past, even though he is one of the youngest medicine men?
(a) Chant Way.
(b) Honor Way.
(c) Baby Way.
(d) Beauty Way.
3. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
(a) Practical Medicine.
(b) Dual Medicine.
(c) Integrated Medicine.
(d) Native American.
4. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
5. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
6. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Fort Bragg.
7. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's brother.
(b) Melanie's mother.
(c) Melanie's father.
(d) Melanie's grandmother.
8. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Stomach aches.
(c) Kidney infections.
(d) Pelvic pain.
9. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Breast augmentation.
(b) Benign tumor removal.
(c) Appendix removal.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
10. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
11. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
12. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
13. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
14. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(c) Father in laws.
(d) Mother in laws.
15. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(a) Too happy.
(c) In the last year of residency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
2. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
3. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
4. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
5. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)