|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
2. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(d) Lack of control.
3. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Gallbladder surgery.
(b) Benign tumor removal.
(c) Appendix removal.
(d) Breast augmentation.
4. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
5. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
(a) Her hospital gown.
(c) Umbilical cord.
(d) Red sash.
6. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
7. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
(a) Glass ceiling.
(b) Future beliefs.
8. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(b) Have a ceremony.
9. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(b) Maria Herrera.
(c) Her father's brother.
(d) No one.
10. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
11. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's mother.
(b) Melanie's father.
(c) Melanie's grandmother.
(d) Melanie's brother.
12. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
13. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
14. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Animal doctor.
(b) Medicine woman.
15. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
2. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
3. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
4. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
5. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)