|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Appendix removal.
(b) Gallbladder surgery.
(c) Breast augmentation.
(d) Benign tumor removal.
2. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
3. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One minute.
4. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
6. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
(a) A symbol.
(b) White paint.
(c) Red jewels.
(d) Red sash.
7. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(a) Her life vs. her baby's life.
(d) Her marriage.
8. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
9. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(c) San Francisco.
10. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(b) Wet spots.
(c) Mold spores.
(d) Rat droppings.
11. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(b) Father in laws.
(d) Mother in laws.
12. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
13. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
14. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
15. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
(d) Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
2. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
3. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
4. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
5. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)