|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
2. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
3. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Animal doctor.
(c) Medicine woman.
4. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
5. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(a) False labor.
(c) Mother's condition.
6. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
7. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
8. What is another word for medicine man, as well as being the last name given to Thomas?
9. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
10. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
11. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(d) Bad luck.
12. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
13. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(c) Too happy.
(d) In the last year of residency.
14. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico National Guard.
(b) New Mexico Army.
(c) New Mexico Air Force.
(d) New Mexico Navy.
15. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
2. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
3. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
4. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
5. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)