|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
2. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(c) False labor.
(d) Mother's condition.
3. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
4. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(c) Animal doctor.
(d) Medicine woman.
5. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Kidney infections.
(b) Stomach aches.
(c) Pelvic pain.
6. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
7. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
8. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
9. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
(a) Tuba City.
(b) El Paso.
(c) Mexico City.
10. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
11. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
12. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
13. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(b) Standing up.
(c) Healing practices.
14. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(d) Lack of control.
15. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______ want to run their own health care system, outside of the Indian Health Service, which Alvord supports.
2. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
3. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
4. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
5. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)