|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
2. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
3. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
4. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(b) Her marriage.
(d) Her life vs. her baby's life.
5. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
6. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(a) Pediatric specialist.
(c) Army ranger.
(d) Medic trainee.
7. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
8. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(a) Clinical studies.
(d) Magazine articles.
9. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Moon Light Way.
(b) Star Way.
(c) Chant Way.
(d) Night Way.
10. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Her father.
(c) The chief resident.
(d) His father.
11. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(b) See a medicine man.
(c) Take medication.
(d) Continue with surgery.
12. On what day of the induction do the drugs begin to work in Lori's body, according to the book?
13. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Pelvic pain.
(b) Kidney infections.
(d) Stomach aches.
14. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
15. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(c) Dear Juniper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
2. What is NOT one of the things Jon and Lori do when they are waiting for the labor to begin?
3. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
4. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
5. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)