|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walking in ________ becomes a whole philosophy of wellness, according to Alvord.
2. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
3. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(b) Stomach aches.
(c) Pelvic pain.
(d) Kidney infections.
4. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(a) Mother in laws.
(d) Father in laws.
5. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Medicine woman.
(c) Animal doctor.
6. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
7. What is the nickname that Alvord has already given to her new child, according to this part of the story?
8. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
(b) Have a ceremony.
9. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Mold spores.
(c) Rat droppings.
(d) Wet spots.
10. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
11. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Tuba City.
(d) El Paso.
12. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
(a) Future beliefs.
(b) Glass ceiling.
13. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
14. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Moon Light Way.
(b) Chant Way.
(c) Night Way.
(d) Star Way.
15. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(b) Dear Juniper.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
2. What is NOT one of the things Jon and Lori do when they are waiting for the labor to begin?
3. How many other deans does Alvord work with in order to plan for the medical school?
4. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
5. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)