|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(b) Mother in laws.
(d) Father in laws.
2. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
(a) Native Americans.
3. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
4. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Air Force.
(b) New Mexico Army.
(c) New Mexico National Guard.
(d) New Mexico Navy.
5. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
6. What is another word for medicine man, as well as being the last name given to Thomas?
7. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(a) Too happy.
(c) In the last year of residency.
8. How old is Kodi when his great-grandmother has a stroke and ends up passing away?
9. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
10. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
(a) Red sash.
(c) Umbilical cord.
(d) Her hospital gown.
11. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Indian Hurt Service.
(b) Indian Health Service.
(c) Interfaith Health Service.
(d) Interconnected Heart Service.
12. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(d) Medicine man.
13. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(d) Lack of control.
14. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
15. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(b) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
2. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
3. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
4. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
5. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)