|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
2. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(c) Father in laws.
(d) Mother in laws.
3. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
4. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(d) Bad luck.
5. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
6. What does Alvord's condition the pregnancy cause her to have to contemplate?
(a) Her marriage.
(c) Her life vs. her baby's life.
7. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
8. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
9. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(c) Dear Juniper.
10. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
(b) Glass ceiling.
(c) Future beliefs.
11. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
12. What is the elective surgery that Florena had that then resulted in her death?
(a) Breast augmentation.
(b) Appendix removal.
(c) Gallbladder surgery.
(d) Benign tumor removal.
13. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Fort Bragg.
14. Alvord at first was hesitant to share her discoveries, but then moved beyond her ________.
15. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
(a) Sterilization clinics.
(b) Army quarters.
(d) White boarding schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
2. One of Alvord's friends is worried that her ________ is stressing her out too much.
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. What do Jon and Lori decide to do in order to start the labor process early?
5. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)