|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
2. People become too absorbed in being ________, according to Alvord, which allows them to become sick and overweight.
3. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
4. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(d) Blood vesssel.
5. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Animal doctor.
(b) Medicine woman.
6. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
(b) Healing practices.
(d) Standing up.
7. Alvord's great grandmother had not found out yet that Alvord was going to help with the Dartmouth ___________ Program.
(a) Native American.
(b) Integrated Medicine.
(c) Dual Medicine.
(d) Practical Medicine.
8. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's father.
(b) Melanie's grandmother.
(c) Melanie's mother.
(d) Melanie's brother.
9. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
(a) White paint.
(b) A symbol.
(c) Red sash.
(d) Red jewels.
10. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
(a) Clinical studies.
(c) Magazine articles.
11. What is the age of Alvord's great-grandmother when she dies, according to the book?
12. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
13. What is another word for medicine man, as well as being the last name given to Thomas?
14. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(b) Continuing education.
15. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
(a) New Mexico Army.
(b) New Mexico National Guard.
(c) New Mexico Navy.
(d) New Mexico Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
2. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
3. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
4. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
5. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)