Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
3. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(b) Water chants.
4. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
5. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
6. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
7. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
(c) Shooting stars.
(d) Sick person.
8. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
9. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
10. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
11. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
12. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(d) Human anatomy.
13. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
14. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
(c) El Paso.
15. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
2. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
5. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)