|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(b) Training facilities.
2. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
3. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
4. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
(a) University of Phoenix.
(b) University of New Mexico.
5. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(c) Limited meat.
6. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
(a) Beauty Chant.
(b) Night Way.
(c) Night Chant.
(d) Beauty Way.
7. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
8. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
9. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(d) New Mexico.
10. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
11. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
12. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
13. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
14. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
15. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
2. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
3. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
4. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
5. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)