|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
3. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(c) Chicken pox.
4. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
5. Alvord wants to bring in a __________ for Carolyn in order to help her with her cancer.
(a) New treatment.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Family member.
(d) Cancer specialist.
6. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
7. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
8. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(c) Loyola Marymount.
9. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
10. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(b) Beauty Way.
11. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(d) Smaller cities.
12. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
13. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(d) Progress notes.
14. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
15. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
2. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)