|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
2. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
3. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
4. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
5. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
6. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(c) Progress notes.
7. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
8. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Bad livers.
(b) Kidney stones.
(c) Large gallstones.
(d) Throat cancers.
9. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
10. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Discuss with others.
(c) Correct the teacher.
(d) Raise her hand.
11. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver bear.
(b) Silver snake.
(c) Silver spider.
(d) Silver fox.
12. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
13. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(a) Research technician.
(b) Fact checker.
(c) Research assistant.
14. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
15. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
4. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
5. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)