|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
2. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(b) Other tribes.
(c) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Warring tribes.
3. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Chant Way.
(b) Star Way.
(c) Night Way.
(d) Moon Light Way.
4. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) The chief resident.
(c) Her father.
(d) His father.
5. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Pinon nuts.
(b) Brazil nuts.
(d) Corn husks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
4. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
5. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)