|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. What is the nickname that Alvord has already given to her new child, according to this part of the story?
5. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
(a) Night Way.
(b) Chant Way.
(c) Moon Light Way.
(d) Star Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. What is buried on the top of Mount Taylor, in accordance to the Navajo ways?
4. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
5. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)