|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Motor vehicle accidents.
2. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) One week.
(b) One minute.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
2. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
3. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
4. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
5. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)