|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
3. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(b) Water line.
5. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)