|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two hours.
2. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
3. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(b) Healing agent.
(c) Holy person.
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) A child.
(c) Her family.
(d) The tea leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
5. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)