|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
(a) University of Phoenix.
(b) University of New Mexico.
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(c) Loyola Marymount.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
5. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)