|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo celebrate the first _______ of a baby, according to the start of this section.
2. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
3. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(a) Chicken pox.
4. What is placed onto Alvord's body during the procedure, according to the story?
(a) White paint.
(b) A symbol.
(c) Red jewels.
(d) Red sash.
5. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
2. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
5. Alvord is told that she needs to stop ________ because of her pregnancy related condition.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)