|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
(a) El Paso.
2. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
3. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(d) Beauty Way.
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) War zone.
(b) Third world country.
(d) Mine field.
5. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
(c) False labor.
(d) Mother's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alvord go in order to have the induction process begun?
2. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
5. According to Alvord, new _________ support her beliefs of how social activities and relationships are tied to lower mortality rates.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)