|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord does not like to be away from her tribe, but she knows it helps to break the ___________ for other Navajo.
(c) Future beliefs.
(d) Glass ceiling.
2. Harmony in the _______ also matters in terms of health, according to Alvord.
3. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) Her father.
(b) The chief resident.
(c) His father.
(d) Medicine man.
4. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(b) Loyola Marymount.
5. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(b) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
2. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
3. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)