|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alvord's mom bring in to help during the procedure, according to this section of the book?
(a) Maria Herrera.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father's brother.
2. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Rat droppings.
(c) Mold spores.
(d) Wet spots.
3. Alvord wants to remember her __________ during the surgical procedure in order to have more empathy for her patients.
(c) Lack of control.
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(b) Motor vehicle accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
2. Pregnancy induced hypertension is also known as ___________, which is the final diagnosis of Alvord at this point.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)