|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
2. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
3. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(c) Healing agent.
(d) Holy person.
4. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
5. How long after their first date do Jon and Lori get engaged, according to the book?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
2. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
3. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
4. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
5. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)