|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
(b) Hanta virus.
5. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(a) Continue with surgery.
(b) Take medication.
(c) See a medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
2. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
5. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)