|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
2. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
5. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
2. There are many _______ that are involved with the birth of a Navajo child and Alvord wants to observe them.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
5. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)