|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
2. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
3. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
4. Alvord describes herself as _________ during her pregnancy, not just because of the actions she takes.
5. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
3. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
4. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
5. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)