|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
2. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Rat droppings.
(b) Wet spots.
(d) Mold spores.
3. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(c) Continuing education.
4. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(b) Beauty Way.
5. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Indian Hurt Service.
(b) Interconnected Heart Service.
(c) Interfaith Health Service.
(d) Indian Health Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
3. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
4. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
5. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)