|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
(c) Medicine man.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. Who is afraid that losing the dog will end up causing them to lose touch with one another?
4. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
5. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
3. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
4. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
5. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)