|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
(a) Sick person.
(b) Shooting stars.
2. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
3. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
4. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
5. In _______, Thomas is the youngest Navajo medicine man, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
2. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
5. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)