|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
(a) Evergreen tree.
(d) Orange tree.
4. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
5. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(d) Mix of Navajo and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
2. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)