|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
4. Alvord says her pregnancy allows her to become closer to all of the ___________ around her.
5. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)