|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
(a) Melanie's father.
(b) Melanie's grandmother.
(c) Melanie's mother.
(d) Melanie's brother.
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
4. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
5. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)