|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. What is in a larger supply since the nut harvest is much larger and needs to be stored away?
(a) Mold spores.
(b) Rat droppings.
(d) Wet spots.
3. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
(a) Kidney stones.
(b) Bad livers.
(c) Large gallstones.
(d) Throat cancers.
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(a) Medicine man.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
2. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
5. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)