|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
2. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Interconnected Heart Service.
(b) Interfaith Health Service.
(c) Indian Health Service.
(d) Indian Hurt Service.
3. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Warring tribes.
(c) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Other tribes.
4. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(b) Mix of Navajo and white.
5. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Single life.
(b) Better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
4. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)