|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(d) Geographical location.
2. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(c) Holy person.
(d) Healing agent.
3. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
4. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
5. During what month does Alvord find out she is pregnant, according to this section of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
2. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
3. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
4. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
5. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)