|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
3. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(a) Bad luck.
4. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) The tea leaves.
(b) A child.
(c) Her family.
(d) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
2. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
3. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
4. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
5. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)