|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
2. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(a) See a medicine man.
(b) Take medication.
(d) Continue with surgery.
3. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) A child.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) The tea leaves.
(d) Her family.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
2. It is important to keep the _______ healthy to heal the body, according to this section of the book.
3. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
4. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
5. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)