|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
(b) Black magic.
3. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
2. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
5. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)