|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(b) Chicken pox.
2. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
3. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Indian Health Service.
(b) Interconnected Heart Service.
(c) Indian Hurt Service.
(d) Interfaith Health Service.
4. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Brazil nuts.
(c) Pinon nuts.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
(a) Her family.
(b) A child.
(c) The tea leaves.
(d) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
5. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)