|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position Jon holds when he first meets Lori in this book?
(a) Pediatric specialist.
(b) Army ranger.
(c) Medic trainee.
2. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(b) Water chants.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
5. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
(d) Continuing education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
2. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
3. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
4. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
5. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)