|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvord decide to do, even though it's in direct opposition of her doctor's orders?
(b) Continue with surgery.
(c) Take medication.
(d) See a medicine man.
2. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
3. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(b) Limited meat.
4. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(b) Progress notes.
5. Alvord wants to bring in a __________ for Carolyn in order to help her with her cancer.
(a) New treatment.
(b) Cancer specialist.
(c) Family member.
(d) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
3. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
4. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
5. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)