|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(c) Water line.
2. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(b) Chicken pox.
3. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(c) Mother in laws.
(d) Father in laws.
4. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(b) Holy person.
(c) Healing agent.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(c) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
2. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
5. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)