|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(c) One hundred.
2. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
(c) Hanta virus.
3. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Warring tribes.
(b) Governments in New Mexico.
(d) Other tribes.
4. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
5. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Corn husks.
(b) Brazil nuts.
(d) Pinon nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
2. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
5. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)