|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
(a) Interfaith Health Service.
(b) Indian Hurt Service.
(c) Interconnected Heart Service.
(d) Indian Health Service.
2. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
(a) Gall bladder.
(c) Voice box.
3. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
4. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
5. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(c) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
2. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
3. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
4. What is the position Thomas held at the Tuba City Hospital through the Indian Health Service?
5. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)