|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
(a) Shooting stars.
(d) Sick person.
2. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. ________ bark can be used to treat pain, and it is still being used today in chemical form.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person can live a long time without a ____________, as Alvord has seen time and time again.
2. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)