|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
2. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
3. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(d) Water chants.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. What is the type of bark that can be used to treat scurvy?
(a) Orange tree.
(d) Evergreen tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
2. In which town is Carolyn visiting a clinic during the start of this particular chapter?
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
5. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)