|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Turn in homework.
(c) Raise her hand.
(d) Discuss with others.
2. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(d) Water chants.
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
5. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The IHS was also known for delivering ___________ care for those who went to use the facilities.
2. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. What is the type of cancer that Carolyn Yazzie has, as described during this section of the book?
5. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)