|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
4. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(a) Water line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jon decide to ask Lori out to when he finally summons up the courage to ask her out?
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
5. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)