|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(a) Severe respiratory distress.
(b) Stomach virus.
3. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
4. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
(d) Limited meat.
5. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
3. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
4. What might have spilled into Florena's body if Alvord had cut into her body accidentally?
5. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)