|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
(b) Father in laws.
(d) Mother in laws.
2. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Governments in New Mexico.
(b) Other tribes.
(c) Warring tribes.
3. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
2. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
3. What is NOT one of the components of a normal Navajo diet?
4. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
5. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)