|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
3. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
4. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
5. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
2. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
3. What is a common condition among the Navajo people, which is why they have to have surgery so often?
4. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
5. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)