|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The sick.
(b) The dead.
(c) The living.
(d) The liars.
3. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
(b) Shooting stars.
(c) Sick person.
4. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
5. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medicine men also teach the white men to use Quinine to treat ___________, according to Alvord's research.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. What is the year in which Jon and Lori meet, according to the book?
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
5. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)