|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
(c) Bad luck.
2. What is the type of cancer that Carolyn Yazzie has, as described during this section of the book?
3. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
4. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(a) Gatherings of family.
(b) Smoke lodges.
5. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Mine field.
(b) Third world country.
(c) War zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
2. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
3. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
4. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
5. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)