|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(b) Stomach virus.
(d) Severe respiratory distress.
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
(a) The chief resident.
(b) Her father.
(c) Medicine man.
(d) His father.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
2. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
3. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
4. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)