|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(a) Breast cancer.
2. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(d) Geographical location.
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(a) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
5. Bernice is scared of anyone who wants to ________ into her granddaughter, according to this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
3. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)