|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(a) Smoke lodges.
(d) Gatherings of family.
2. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(a) One hundred.
4. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(b) Stomach virus.
(d) Severe respiratory distress.
5. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
2. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
3. Alvord tries to avoid a _________ disaster by ensuring the family makes the decision before the courts are called in.
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)