|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(a) Smaller cities.
2. The medicine men point out to the doctors that there is a large supply of __________.
(a) Pinon nuts.
(b) Brazil nuts.
(d) Corn husks.
3. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
4. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
(a) Severe respiratory distress.
(c) Stomach virus.
5. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
3. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
4. Who does Alvord decide to talk to in order to get the surgery to happen?
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)