|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(d) Beauty Way.
2. What is the name of Alvord's dog, the one who gets hurt by the car accident and nearly dies?
3. How old is Jon when he and Lori first meet, which causes a certain strain on their relationship?
4. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
5. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) War zone.
(c) Third world country.
(d) Mine field.
Short Answer Questions
1. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
2. Most of the people that Lori has dated in her life have been _____________, though she likes to date from all backgrounds.
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
4. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
5. The eventual diagnosis for Florena is catastrophic ________, according to the records.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)