|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, At the Big Medicine Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of cancer that Carolyn Yazzie has, as described during this section of the book?
2. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) One minute.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Better life.
(b) Single life.
4. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
5. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(d) Geographical location.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)