|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
2. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(a) Water line.
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(d) Training facilities.
5. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(b) Water chants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
3. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)