|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
2. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(a) Singing Woman.
3. What is the type of cancer that Carolyn Yazzie has, as described during this section of the book?
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
3. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)