|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
2. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(a) One hundred.
4. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
(a) Night Way.
(b) Beauty Chant.
(c) Beauty Way.
(d) Night Chant.
5. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
2. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
3. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
4. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)