|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(b) Breast cancer.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
(a) Biology remedial courses.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Nursing school.
(d) A new hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)