|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
2. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Reservation pharmacy.
(b) She doesn't have a job.
(c) Veterinarian assistant.
(d) Medicine apprentice.
4. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(d) Loyola Marymount.
5. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
3. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)