|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Better life.
(c) Single life.
2. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
(b) Black magic.
3. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
4. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
2. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
5. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)