|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(b) Better life.
(d) Single life.
2. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) She doesn't have a job.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) Reservation pharmacy.
(d) Medicine apprentice.
3. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
4. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
(d) Water chants.
5. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(b) Progress notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)