|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(b) New Mexico.
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
2. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
3. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
4. Robert teachers his daughters simple Navajo ________ as well a explains to them the interconnectedness of the world.
5. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)