|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
2. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(b) Training facilities.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. Alvord wants to bring in a __________ for Carolyn in order to help her with her cancer.
(a) Medicine man.
(b) New treatment.
(c) Family member.
(d) Cancer specialist.
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(a) Smaller cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
2. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)