|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(a) Motor vehicle accidents.
(d) Heart attacks.
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. Who tells Carolyn that the cancer is her fault, according to the description in this section of the book?
5. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
2. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
3. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)