|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
2. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(d) Beauty Way.
3. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
4. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(b) Loyola Marymount.
5. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
2. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
4. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
5. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)