|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The sick.
(b) The dead.
(c) The living.
(d) The liars.
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
5. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
2. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
3. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)