|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
3. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
4. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
(a) Night Way.
(b) Beauty Way.
(c) Night Chant.
(d) Beauty Chant.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
3. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)