|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The sick.
(b) The liars.
(c) The dead.
(d) The living.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Raise her hand.
(b) Correct the teacher.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Turn in homework.
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
2. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
3. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
5. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)