|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
2. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
(d) Loyola Marymount.
3. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Third world country.
(b) War zone.
(c) Mine field.
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
2. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)