|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
2. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
3. For how long is Carolyn missing before Dr. Alvord finds her?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
2. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. The main concern with cancer among the Navajo people is that they think it is _____________.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)