|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(a) Research technician.
(b) Research assistant.
(c) Fact checker.
2. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(b) Third world country.
(c) War zone.
(d) Mine field.
3. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
4. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
5. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
4. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
5. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)