|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(b) New Mexico.
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
4. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
5. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)