|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Veterinarian assistant.
(b) Reservation pharmacy.
(c) Medicine apprentice.
(d) She doesn't have a job.
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(c) Human anatomy.
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(d) Medicine man.
5. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(a) Heart attacks.
(d) Motor vehicle accidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
2. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
3. During the ceremony, many people sing songs that talk about the beauty of the _____________.
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)