|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord wants to bring in a __________ for Carolyn in order to help her with her cancer.
(a) Medicine man.
(b) New treatment.
(c) Cancer specialist.
(d) Family member.
2. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
3. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(b) Human anatomy.
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
2. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
3. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)