|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
2. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Motor vehicle accidents.
3. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Raise her hand.
(b) Correct the teacher.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Turn in homework.
4. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
5. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
3. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
4. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
5. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)