|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The living.
(b) The liars.
(c) The sick.
(d) The dead.
2. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
5. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(a) Training facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
2. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)