|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(c) Breast cancer.
2. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
3. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
4. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The liars.
(b) The living.
(c) The dead.
(d) The sick.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)