|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
3. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
4. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
5. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
2. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)