|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
3. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
4. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
5. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
4. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
5. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)