|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(b) Mix of Navajo and white.
5. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(c) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
5. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)