|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
3. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
4. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
(a) Nursing school.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Biology remedial courses.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. What are Navajo men particularly vulnerable toward, which causes many maladies among Navajo men?
3. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
5. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)