|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) War zone.
(b) Mine field.
(d) Third world country.
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
5. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Reservation pharmacy.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) She doesn't have a job.
(d) Medicine apprentice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
2. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)