|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
(a) Nursing school.
(b) Biology remedial courses.
(c) Medical school.
(d) A new hospital.
2. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Correct the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)