|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Better life.
(b) Single life.
2. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
3. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(b) Mix of Navajo and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
3. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
4. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)