|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(d) Mix of Navajo and white.
2. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(b) Beauty Way.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
(a) The dead.
(b) The sick.
(c) The liars.
(d) The living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
3. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)