|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
3. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) Dr. Alvord.
(b) The nurses.
4. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(d) Smaller cities.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(d) Water line.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
3. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)