|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
2. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
5. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
4. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
5. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)