|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. Alvord sees alcohol as the lubrication of __________ which allows other people to dominate the Navajo people.
4. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
3. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
4. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
5. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)