|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
3. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Turn in homework.
(d) Discuss with others.
4. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
5. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
2. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
3. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)