|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drunk driving arrests in Gallup exceed _________ per year, according to Alvord at the time of writing this book.
2. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(a) Geographical location.
3. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(a) Fact checker.
(c) Research assistant.
(d) Research technician.
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Discuss with others.
(c) Correct the teacher.
(d) Raise her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
4. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
5. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)