|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Rez Dogs and Crow Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(c) Beauty Way.
3. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
4. Robert Cupp is Alvord's father, and knew everyone, every animal, and every _____________ in the area.
(b) Geographical location.
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
2. The leading cause of death among the Navajo people is ____________, at the time of this book.
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
5. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)