|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
(c) University of New Mexico.
(d) University of Phoenix.
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
4. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Single life.
(d) Better life.
5. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(c) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)