|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
2. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
2. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
3. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)