|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(b) Dr. Alvord.
(c) The nurses.
3. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
4. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
5. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
4. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
5. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)