|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) She doesn't have a job.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) Reservation pharmacy.
(d) Medicine apprentice.
2. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)