|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
3. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(a) Research assistant.
(b) Research technician.
(d) Fact checker.
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
3. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)