|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
2. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) War zone.
(c) Third world country.
(d) Mine field.
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
2. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)