|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(a) Water line.
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(b) Research assistant.
(c) Research technician.
(d) Fact checker.
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
2. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
3. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
4. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
5. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)