|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver bear.
(b) Silver snake.
(c) Silver fox.
(d) Silver spider.
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
5. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
3. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
4. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
5. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)