|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Correct the teacher.
(c) Raise her hand.
(d) Discuss with others.
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(b) New Mexico.
3. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(b) Smaller cities.
4. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
5. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
3. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
4. Alvord knows that _______ patients needed to be handled with care, especially when it comes to end of life decisions.
5. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)