|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Medicine apprentice.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) Reservation pharmacy.
(d) She doesn't have a job.
5. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
5. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)