|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
3. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. Where is Alvord accepted into medical school, a place that is close to where her sister is located?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)