|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(b) Beauty Way.
2. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver snake.
(b) Silver spider.
(c) Silver fox.
(d) Silver bear.
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
5. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
2. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. What part of Evelyn's body is partially paralyzed as a result of the surgery, according to the book?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)