|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(d) Beauty Way.
2. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
3. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
5. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
2. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)