|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
2. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
5. What subject in school has always fascinated Alvord?
(c) Human anatomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
2. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
3. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
4. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
5. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)