|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
(b) Fact checker.
(c) Research assistant.
(d) Research technician.
3. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(b) Single life.
(d) Better life.
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)