|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(d) Medicine man.
5. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
2. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
3. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)