|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
3. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)