|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(b) One hundred.
2. Alvord begins to see how her Native American ________ can aid in her educational process.
3. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(c) Singing Woman.
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(c) Breast cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
4. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)