|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
2. Alvord believes a part of the problem with Evelyn's outcome is that Alvord does not __________ the patient.
3. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(c) Beauty Way.
4. Alvord's new home is located close to the _________, and her grandmother Grace will live with her there.
(c) Training facilities.
5. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)