|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(b) Single life.
(d) Better life.
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(b) Singing Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
4. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)