|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
5. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)