|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(a) Beauty Way.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(b) Better life.
(c) Single life.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. Where is Alvord encouraged to go by Rosenberg, even though she does not think she is capable?
3. Where does Alvord decide to work with Gary Rosenberg, according to the book?
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)