|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(b) Better life.
(c) Single life.
3. For Alvord, coming back to the _____________ is difficult and painful at times.
(c) Smaller cities.
4. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
5. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
2. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
5. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)