|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(b) Beauty Way.
2. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
3. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Mine field.
(b) Third world country.
(c) War zone.
4. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver fox.
(b) Silver spider.
(c) Silver bear.
(d) Silver snake.
5. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)