|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(b) Water line.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(d) Medicine man.
3. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
4. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
5. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
2. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)