|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(b) Medicine man.
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
4. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
5. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)