|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(b) Mix of Navajo and white.
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
5. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
2. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)