|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(b) Water line.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
2. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
5. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)