|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
4. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(d) Mix of Navajo and white.
5. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
3. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)