|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
3. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Correct the teacher.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Turn in homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
2. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
3. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
4. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
5. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)