|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(c) Single life.
(d) Better life.
2. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(c) New Mexico.
5. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
4. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
5. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)