|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
2. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(c) Mix of Navajo and white.
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
3. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)