|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
2. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
3. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
4. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
5. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
3. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
4. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
5. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)