|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Raise her hand.
(b) Turn in homework.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Correct the teacher.
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
4. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
5. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)