|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
2. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Better life.
(c) Single life.
5. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
2. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
3. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)