|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
3. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
4. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
5. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(d) Beauty Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
3. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)