|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color the overwhelms Alvord when she first gets onto her college campus?
2. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
3. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Turn in homework.
(b) Raise her hand.
(c) Discuss with others.
(d) Correct the teacher.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
2. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
5. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)