|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver snake.
(b) Silver bear.
(c) Silver spider.
(d) Silver fox.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
2. How many sisters does Dr. Alvord have, according to her family history?
3. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)