|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
2. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
3. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
4. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
5. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
2. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
4. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)