|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
2. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(a) Mix of Navajo and white.
3. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
2. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
3. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)