|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord didn't expect much of college until she met a Navajo student from ____________.
2. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
3. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
4. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(c) Singing Woman.
5. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
2. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
3. Alvord's grandmother _________ understands the complexities of living two lives, as she comes from a mixed background.
4. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
5. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)