|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the students at Alvord's new college, the reservation would appear to be a ______________.
(a) Mine field.
(b) War zone.
(c) Third world country.
2. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(c) One hundred.
3. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
4. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
5. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
2. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
3. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
4. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
5. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)