|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
2. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(a) Beauty Way.
3. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
4. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(d) Singing Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
2. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
4. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
5. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)