|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
2. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
3. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
4. What is Alvord's first name, as given to her when she was born?
5. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(c) Single life.
(d) Better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
2. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
3. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
4. Relationships must be in _______ with others in order to be healthy, according to the Navajo way of thinking.
5. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)