Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen, Mount Taylor in the Rearview Mirror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord believes that patient _______ are dehumanizing and inharmonious, according to her description.
(a) Progress notes.
2. _______ eventually has to make a decision about whether to stay on or to leave the reservation.
3. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(c) The nurses.
(d) Dr. Alvord.
4. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
5. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(c) Mix of Navajo and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
2. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
3. What did Alvord NOT have that makes it difficult when she wants to apply to medical school?
4. Where do Alvord and Thomas go in order to perform the ceremony for her baby?
5. The first that is described in #157 is a sign that the ________ of the baby has attached to the body.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)