|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, Ceremony Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
(a) Silver bear.
(b) Silver spider.
(c) Silver fox.
(d) Silver snake.
2. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
(a) Singing Woman.
3. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
4. The school where Alvord is accepted has a __________ Native American community, according to the book.
5. The form of healing that is used in the Navajo culture is the idea of walking in ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job that Alvord takes on with Gary Rosenberg in New Mexico?
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
4. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
5. Where does Dr. Alvord find Carloyn later on, though she knew that she would be seeking additional healing?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)