Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, Life Out of Balance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
(a) Medicine man.
2. What is the cultural background of Alvord's mother, according to this section?
(c) Mix of Navajo and white.
3. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(c) Water line.
4. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
(d) One hundred.
5. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women are allowed to have ________ names as a part of their position and role in society.
2. Alvord begins to find that the logic of _________ extends to other subjects, so she does well in school.
3. In what state was Dr. Alvord born before she was moved onto the reservation with her parents?
4. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
5. Navajos have a strong cultural belief that they should never touch _____________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)