|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Walking the Path between Worlds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo are taught to always be _________ in dealing with others in their lives.
2. A ___________ is a song that's needed to cure a person of their illness in the Navajo culture.
(c) Beauty Way.
3. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(a) Better life.
(d) Single life.
4. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
5. Patients are made to be _________ in the traditional medicine system, according to this book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most people on the reservation spoke __________ as their first language, according to Alvord.
2. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
3. Which of Alvord's parents is a full-blooded Navajo person, according to this book?
4. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
5. It is revealed later on that Alvord's paternal grandfather was a ___________ man.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)