|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fact that Alvord is a _______ often meant that she was not recognized as a Navajo by her fellow tribespeople.
2. In what state does Alvord have her surgical practice, according to this chapter?
(d) New Mexico.
3. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
4. When the Navajo become ill, they often wonder what local ______ they broke in order to create the situation of disease.
(c) Water line.
5. Native American history shows how other cultures have come to see their race as ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
2. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
3. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Who states that Dezbah is healed from her surgery, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)