|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
2. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
3. Alvord comes to look at the ________ of the being of each of her patients, according to the book.
4. Alvord's ________ has troubles with alcohol too, which allows her to see alcoholism as a disease rather than a character flaw.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
3. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. What is the last name of Dr. Alvord, according to the description of her life in this chapter?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)