|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alvord drive to in order to see the medicine man during her pregnancy?
(a) El Paso.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) Tuba City.
2. Who was often impatient with those who did a poor job and did not like to be questioned?
(a) Dr. Alvord.
(d) The nurses.
3. Alvord respects her patients desire to have __________ before they have any surgery.
(a) Smoke lodges.
(d) Gatherings of family.
4. Medicine men and women come to see the person they are treating as a __________ person.
5. Many people who see stories about the Navajo and this disease begin to worry that it is the way the Navajo _________ that causes the disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord also tries to avoid _________ and arguments in order to help her baby stay calm.
2. In the ________, there are accusations against the IHS that Native American women were sterilized.
3. What is the type of cancer that Carolyn Yazzie has, as described during this section of the book?
4. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
5. Thomas also sponsors _________ for Dartmouth Native American students, according to this part of the book.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)