|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvord never do as she was not raised in her culture to do so?
(a) Raise her hand.
(b) Turn in homework.
(c) Correct the teacher.
(d) Discuss with others.
2. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
3. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
4. How long does it take Jon to summon up the courage to ask Lori out on a date?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One minute.
(d) One day.
5. Grace ends up marrying an ___________ and has an appreciation of other cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, Alvord often has to decide whether to play with the _________ or the whites in their neighborhood and schools.
2. Every dominant culture, according to Alvord, accuses the subordinate cultures of not being __________.
3. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
4. What is the kind of necklace that Alvord wears, in accordance with her animal totem?
5. Who is the person in Melanie's family that does not want to go ahead with the surgery?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)