|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord's __________, due to her training as a surgeon, often makes her look like a white woman.
2. What is the trouble with Alvord's recommended course of treatment? She is __________.
(a) In the last year of residency.
(d) Too happy.
3. Navajos do not dream of a __________, as this is not passed down to daughters in the culture.
(c) Single life.
(d) Better life.
4. What condition is Alvord treating in Melanie at the start of this chapter?
5. Alvord decides to stop watching _________ television and movies when she is pregnant to help the child grow positively.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days would people in the ceremony help to sing and dance with the person that is ill?
2. What is the actual name of the disease that begins to kill the Navajo?
3. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
4. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
5. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)