|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is the only Ivy League school at the time that has more than fifty Native American students.
2. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Veterinarian assistant.
(b) Medicine apprentice.
(c) Reservation pharmacy.
(d) She doesn't have a job.
3. The body, according to Alvord, appeared to be like the Navajo philosophy of the __________.
(b) Beauty Way.
4. Alvord and her sisters never think the media's representation of ___________ has anything to do with them.
5. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
(b) Hanta virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
2. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
3. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
4. __________ is a reservation border town that spills into New Mexico, so Alvord decides to move there with her grandmother.
5. What is the disease Florena had contracted after her surgery that may have caused her death?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)