|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cancer is seen as a great ________ to the Navajo people, caused by an evil action or evil deed.
2. What could the hospital get in order to force Melanie to have the necessary surgery?
(a) New guardian.
(c) Restraining order.
(d) Court order.
3. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
4. There is some evidence now that suggests patients are _________ during surgery and this awareness affects them after.
5. Florena ________, a patient of Dr. Alvord's, comes down with a disease and dies after surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvord begins to feel the effects of disharmony in her life, which causes her to consider seeing a ____________.
2. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
3. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
4. Who presides over the ceremony between Jon and Lori when they get married the following year?
5. How many Navajo students were at the school of the person that Alvord meets and finds to be an inspiration?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)