|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alvord inherited the _________ of her people, even though her siblings were proud to be American.
2. Thomas says that he had a call to become a ___________, which Alvord describes after talking with him.
(b) Holy person.
(c) Healing agent.
3. Patients can often feel ____________ and forgotten when they are in the Western medicine system.
4. What is the medical symptom Alvord begins to have during this portion of her pregnancy?
(a) Stomach aches.
(b) Kidney infections.
(c) Pelvic pain.
5. What is the job that Alvord gets when she is in high school and is interested in medicine?
(a) Medicine apprentice.
(b) Veterinarian assistant.
(c) She doesn't have a job.
(d) Reservation pharmacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bars does Gallup have for every 50,000 people at the time of the book, according to Alvord?
2. Alvord knows that Carolyn's life lacks _________, which might have helped cause her cancer, but she keeps this knowledge to herself.
3. Who is called in to help the Navajo people if they can not heal on their own?
4. __________ among the Navajo were challenging for some doctors, according to the book's description.
5. Thomas also knows parts of the nine day _________ ceremony.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)