|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ have tried to eradicate the culture and the language of the Native Americans.
(a) Warring tribes.
(b) Other tribes.
(c) Governments in New Mexico.
2. Where does Jon end up asking Lori to marry him, as she is out visiting him during training?
(b) Fort Bragg.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What is the type of surgery that Evelyn Bitsui has to have during this section of the book's narrative?
(b) Breast cancer.
4. Navajo people often want the removed _________ back after the surgery is complete, according to tradition.
5. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(c) Blood vesssel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the experience of Melanie's relative that makes her want to avoid the surgery? When this person was young, she was brought to ___________.
2. ________ scares Alvord as well since so many dollars are poured into research, only to have it not be easy to treat.
3. What military branch does Jon join after he and Lori have been married?
4. Thomas may be young at this point of the story, but he is _________ and keeps the old ways of the Navajo.
5. Cupp is barred from speaking ________ when he is in school, which causes the assimilation of the culture.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)