|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, The Spirit Horse's Bridle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade of Betty Cowboy, who also succumbs to the deadly disease, according to the book?
(c) Medicine woman.
(d) Animal doctor.
2. Dr. Alvord is the first __________ to become a surgeon, according to the book.
3. Alvord begins to worry that she may have cut a _________ during Florena's surgery.
(b) Blood vesssel.
4. What is the nickname that Alvord has chosen short for?
(a) Dear Juniper.
5. Jesus Arviso is a _________ translator who was eventually adopted into the tribe, according to Alvord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cupp turns to __________ in order to cope with the years of oppression he suffers at the hands of others.
2. The Navajo have no word for ________, which is a part of why it is so scary to them when it comes up.
3. __________ have a strong role in the Navajo culture, helping to create structure and order.
4. Traditionally, the Navajos are supposed to be in deference to __________, but Alvord make sure this didn't happen.
5. What is the full name of the IHS, as described in this book as having conducted alleged atrocities?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)